YesNoOk

Ancient Ogre POTS style edit Version 1.3.4 (Read 340202 times)

Started by Diek Stiekem, July 13, 2021, 02:54:12 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ancient Ogre POTS style edit Version 1.01
#21  July 20, 2021, 11:34:34 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
A great character so far, do you plan on adding some of the other target combos he had in SFxTK? like Hunting Hawk and Snake Blade

I figure you could probably just use your air medium and heavy kicks for the first two hits and maybe a reverse animation of his blazing kick for the final, or some other modification to make it work for Hunting Hawk, maybe even just make this into another special, would be a useful attack to have to link after his blazing kick I feel. Snake blade might be better left as a target combo and it seems like you should have the animations for it there too, like his crouching kicks, and his heavy standing kick, I was doing some of the trials in SFxTK and one of the trials he had was also the Snake Blade launcher into the Hunting Hawk.

I feel like his EX Indigo punch should be modified a bit, maybe instead of just using the same frames as the other versions, you can use his standing heavy punch to have it get the extra range it has in the source game too.

It would be nice to have his Ancient Power also have at least 1 version of it work as a counter type move, since I think in SFxTK, the light and medium versions were counters, where the heavy and EX versions were set up more like you have it currently. In the readme it specifies a patch note about Waning Moon, but it doesn't actually have it listed anywhere in his movelist. Love the character so far, and I've been enjoying playing as him, you keep just on improving him, thanks for another great Tekken character!
#22  July 21, 2021, 08:18:49 pm
    • Netherlands
Thank you!
I had considered Hunting Hawk while I was working on him but wasn't 100% happy with how it looked.
I might reconsider it at one point.

I like your idea about the EX indigo punch animation though!
That will definitely be added on the to do list
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#23  July 22, 2021, 02:44:28 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I would give it another shot, idk if maybe the hunting hawk would be best to work the way it did in SFxTK, but I feel like maybe working it into a shoryu+kick move might be better? I would try to include it, it's a pretty useful part of his kit since he gets so much forward momentum and ability to combo into it, maybe the EX version could have a wall bounce too.

I look forward to seeing what you do with him!
#24  July 25, 2021, 02:25:51 pm
    • Netherlands
Minor update, redownload please!

=====<Version History>=====

<Diek Stiekem's Version 1.02>
 - Amplified certain voice samples
 - Added flame effect sounds and flame hit sounds on all version of Indigo Punch
 - Gave EX Indigo Punch a new animation
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#25  July 26, 2021, 04:37:12 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I will definitely give the new version a shot, I hope that you will reconsider working on the hunting hawk again, I think it's a pretty useful part of his moveset, and it lets him extend his combos. I understand if the sprites sort of limit how successful the result is too however. Either way glad to see you continue updating him~
#26  July 26, 2021, 04:43:21 am
Good job! Excellent update...
#27  July 26, 2021, 05:05:10 pm
    • Netherlands
I will definitely give the new version a shot, I hope that you will reconsider working on the hunting hawk again, I think it's a pretty useful part of his moveset, and it lets him extend his combos. I understand if the sprites sort of limit how successful the result is too however. Either way glad to see you continue updating him~

I will!
He will definitely see more updates later in the future.

Good job! Excellent update...

Thank you!

"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

Re: Ancient Ogre POTS style edit Version 1.03
#28  July 30, 2021, 04:58:43 pm
    • Netherlands
Small update with some fixes:

<Diek Stiekem's Version 1.03>
 - Removed Fall Recovery from Ancient Might
 - Fixed Turns Intro animation for Team Battles
 - Added 3rd Intro

Redownload from 1st post please :)
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#29  July 30, 2021, 07:09:53 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Tried your latest ogre update and find these

I hope that huge bug (owl's hunt) and repetitive punch/kick for no reason (I think its an AI issue) should be fixed.

Watch this carefully if you missed some common or random features to add

Thanks
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 07:27:33 pm by AuMiO VXC
#30  July 30, 2021, 11:15:11 pm
    • Netherlands
Tried your latest ogre update and find these
[youtube]https://youtu.be/tGcpXPKibNI[/youtube]

I hope that huge bug (owl's hunt) and repetitive punch/kick for no reason (I think its an AI issue) should be fixed.

Watch this carefully if you missed some common or random features to add
[youtube]https://youtu.be/u0aFrxWDbB4[/youtube]

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback.
I'm aware of the repeating punch/kick problem, I'm not familar with AI stuff but I'll try and sort it out.

Does him getting hit during Owl's Hunt startup trigger him flying off screen? I was not aware of this.
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#31  July 31, 2021, 05:13:43 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Does him getting hit during Owl's Hunt startup trigger him flying off screen? I was not aware of this.
Probably and also it seems when opponent tries to throw ogre while ogre was doing owl's hunt, he flew off the screen.

Also I forgot to mention that ogre's 3rd intro lacks frames or poorly animed.

Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#32  August 02, 2021, 02:20:20 pm
    • Netherlands
Another minor update:

<Diek Stiekem's Version 1.04>
 - Added juggle limits to certain special moves
 - Added animation frames to try and smoothen out his 3rd Intro

Redownload please :)
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

Re: Ancient Ogre POTS style edit Version 1.04
#33  August 03, 2021, 03:49:04 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Another minor update:

I hope that owl's hunt problem is gone. Thanks for the update bro

#34  August 03, 2021, 03:50:46 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
#35  August 03, 2021, 05:16:00 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Another minor update:

I hope that owl's hunt problem is gone. Thanks for the update bro

It's not. Still very much present.

@Diek Stiekem: I suggest taking the help of a more seasoned coder to get rid of that issue.

Agreed. It is still there. I tried your latest update.

however great edit on 3rd intro though. Also, It could be more decent.

EDIT: Sadly neither this one is gone

Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 05:32:16 pm by AuMiO VXC
#36  August 03, 2021, 07:20:46 pm
    • Netherlands
I've made a thread in the coding help thread, concerning the throw/owl's hunt bug.

I think I might have squashed the AI bug though, but I want to run a few more tests.
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#37  August 04, 2021, 08:01:30 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
I've made a thread in the coding help thread, concerning the throw/owl's hunt bug.

I think I might have squashed the AI bug though, but I want to run a few more tests.

You can join MFG discord for immediate response.   

Re: Ancient Ogre POTS style edit Version 1.05
#38  August 06, 2021, 07:53:19 pm
    • Netherlands
Version 1.05 is up, redownload from 1st post please! :)

I think I managed to fix the throw glitch and the AI bug.
Please test and feedback away guys!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#39  August 07, 2021, 12:39:44 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Glad you fixed this particular glitch
I will test.

EDIT : some feedback. (mostly animation ones - gameplaywise, I see nothing really problematic)

-jump HK : the 3rd frame with his knee going forward is displayed to long.
Instead, I suggest making the first frame longer, and 2nd frame slightly longer. 3rd frame can be displayed 3 ticks .
Again, the move itself is ok, just split the time before active hitbox the way I explained.
It will look way better.

-Stand HK : you should invert the 2 frames where he outstretches his leg up. (for a better elasticity effect)
It should be 1st outstretch the leg up, THEN , keep the pose with the leg getting back a bit from the tretched position.
(this is a common animation error in custom animated characters in Mugen)

-His special fire kick.
to make it look better, try to display slightly shorter the frames before the active hitbox.
Frames1, 2, 3 (nothing wrong)
Frames 4 and 5 (you can remove 1 tick for each - the animation will be better)
Again, you can add the lost "ticks" to the first frames (1, 2, 3), so the move still have the same time before active hitbox.
Don't change anything after frame 5.

-His idle stance. (optional)
I would recommand to speed up the part with breathing (only)
Actually, the problem is not the air file itself, it's the frames that are unnaturaly animated.
puttin 2 ticks instead of 4 for these parts make the animation look more natural (but it become too fast)
Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 10:41:46 pm by Nedflandeurse
#40  August 10, 2021, 01:07:00 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Glad you fixed this particular glitch
I will test.

EDIT : some feedback. (mostly animation ones - gameplaywise, I see nothing really problematic)

-jump HK : the 3rd frame with his knee going forward is displayed to long.
Instead, I suggest making the first frame longer, and 2nd frame slightly longer. 3rd frame can be displayed 3 ticks .
Again, the move itself is ok, just split the time before active hitbox the way I explained.
It will look way better.

-Stand HK : you should invert the 2 frames where he outstretches his leg up. (for a better elasticity effect)
It should be 1st outstretch the leg up, THEN , keep the pose with the leg getting back a bit from the tretched position.
(this is a common animation error in custom animated characters in Mugen)

-His special fire kick.
to make it look better, try to display slightly shorter the frames before the active hitbox.
Frames1, 2, 3 (nothing wrong)
Frames 4 and 5 (you can remove 1 tick for each - the animation will be better)
Again, you can add the lost "ticks" to the first frames (1, 2, 3), so the move still have the same time before active hitbox.
Don't change anything after frame 5.

-His idle stance. (optional)
I would recommand to speed up the part with breathing (only)
Actually, the problem is not the air file itself, it's the frames that are unnaturaly animated.
puttin 2 ticks instead of 4 for these parts make the animation look more natural (but it become too fast)

Great feedback. I also tested him and found these. I hope they will be fixed soon.