YesNoOk

MFG - Your Retrospective (Read 13202 times)

Started by walt, July 06, 2021, 07:50:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: MFG - Your Retrospective
#21  July 09, 2021, 10:37:25 am
    • USA
Does anybody remember what happened when Mugen-Infantry reset their forums? It just wasn't the same. The problem with resetting forums is that many people disappear and leave, and never get back to being as active.

Although MFG is such a huge forum that I believe if there was a reformatted wipe out, it could potentially build back even better. but it's risky and unpredictable.

The old SRK forums from the early 2000s was great, and sometime in 2013 or 2014 they completely changed everything and "archived" the old forum, and there was a disconnect and it just fizzled away and died out.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#22  July 21, 2021, 02:47:39 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I miss ZantetsuMug being a dick to newbies.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
don't be sad when it's gone, smile because it happened
#23  July 21, 2021, 03:42:49 pm
^ Fun times

I'm barely active in the forums anymore, and not much more so on discord either. It would've been a sudden and unfortunate end had the place died with no warning.

It's easy to cling on to sentimentality (I still do it too), but nothing lasts forever. If it were all to end at some point, I'd be fine with it. It's not common for a forum to survive (and be active) for nearly 20 years. But strong communities find a way to adapt and adjust to events like a forum disappearing. And it helps that we still have an influx of new people who come in and offer what they have to share. And while they may have missed out on the colorful days of even 10 years ago (I wasn't around for the first 10), they'll make their own memories they can look back on.

I'm almost 30 now, so I'm putting more attention to real life than I did years ago (family, nearby friends, career goals, etc). But I'm also undergoing an artistic endeavor that I'm really excited about, that should keep me with the people around Mugen/Ikemen for many more years. No way I can stop being part of this wonderful community. :)
#24  July 30, 2021, 07:15:21 pm
I would be like damn, I will be missing the monthly cotm contest where it always has been my favorite to check it out of all thread currently. When I was planning the roster for my mugen game using the cotm winners, I planned to use omegapsycho's Ready To Fight screenpack using the +1000 cells and had estimated up to year 2100 years where I was thinking if the forum will still be active or not  :mlol: the downtime really shocked me and I was wondering which tutorial I have not save (I have managed to save koopakoot's kof interactive tutorial which most of the pics in the thread are gone: https://mugenguild.com/forum/all./topics/interactive-kof-character-tutorial-148091.0.html and cheatengine is now the program use that is much superior than artmoney) due to busy with my personal life which I can't remember what I have already collected. There will be several experience Mugen creators' works in the forum that I might be missing out and some other good read old threads from inactive members such as Elix's thread: https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/serious-kyo-kusanagi-56078.0.html and many others to kill some little time

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 07:18:43 pm by oraora?
#25  August 25, 2021, 10:34:56 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
A pretty big part of my personal interactions and story happened in this forum so just returning today I feel that nostalgic value, and if it got deleted it will be something that will be forever buried in my memories.

With how forums nowadays can be difficult to keep up this one has endured through many years, which is extremely impressive. If the time comes hopefully this could be archived somehow and preserved forever as an indication on how it stayed afloat for so long.
Chilling

lui

#26  August 25, 2021, 07:27:17 pm
    • USA
I'd ironically miss my cringe posts from when I was younger. It shows how much I've changed over the years and I'd like to reflect on that.

I'd also miss Hall of Fame. Nothing will top Byakko v Vyx: Dawn of Mugen
#27  August 25, 2021, 09:57:54 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I dunno man, I'm partial to TAN's Gato, Schoolgirl Lilith or Unbanned from Infinity Mugen Team Forum

or Yungdragun's Guyver since I put that back together and put it in there.
#28  August 25, 2021, 10:20:38 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Oh god, isn't Tan's Gato the one where it had rainbowed Hadoukens with a silly watermark floating around?
#29  August 27, 2021, 04:58:30 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
The watermark was not actually in the character. I later got it about a year later when all of the insane restrictions on getting it were lifted

It did have the amazing fireball super though
#30  August 27, 2021, 09:18:09 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Before MFG, I was mostly on cvgunited and I still remember how for some reason the people there didnt like the guild lol. Went and made my account here a little bit later and honestly I love this place. When I first made my account I was def pretty awful. Making shitty thread about how I was gonna make the greatest mugen game ever while I didnt know anything about coding or spriting.  Some of my first posts are really bad but I feel like its fun to look back at them to see how much Ive growned. MFG is also the first place I started contributing with lifebars, something I really loved. Following all the differents characters and full game was always fun and seeing the incredible sprites come to live was one of the best thing ever. Like finally getting to see CvS the abstract gouken sprite in action or finally getting to play with VegetaZ2. I dont play mugen much these day since Im more into street fighter v and the capcom pro tour but I will always have a soft spot in my heart.
I do kind of miss the weird drama sometimes like axbreaker or the chuchoryu drama. They were dumb but that shit was always hilarious to read. I wonder what Ax is up to these days lol.
I still hang out the guild from time to time but my motivation mugen wise isnt that high. Still do and will always love this place :)
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-