YesNoOk

Simplifying quarter circle commands and the like (Read 3199 times)

Started by DuckyBoi, September 26, 2022, 02:09:12 am
Share this topic:
Simplifying quarter circle commands and the like
#1  September 26, 2022, 02:09:12 am
    • USA
Hard to really condense it all into the title, but I recently swapped to a macbook air due to my old windows laptop getting damaged. The issue is now i can't do most special moves since they all require stuff like down-back and forward-back in their command files, and my keys are slightly too spread out for me to reliably do those commands. I know how to edit the moves in the cmd somewhat efficiently(considering I have to do this for every single character :/ ), but the issue arises in characters using the explodsive buffering system. I can't seem to figure out the numbers. There's ones that represent quarter circles but I didn't see anything that represents these same commands without the down-backs and down forwards. If anyone knows what I can do for characters using this system or perhaps just widely simplify all of these commands at once (I'm grasping at straws there but if someway actually exists, I'd love for someone to tell me about it), please help.
sup
Re: Simplifying quarter circle commands and the like
#2  September 26, 2022, 02:33:55 am
    • USA
As far as bulk changing of files, this is dangerous but somewhat possible with notepad++.  It can do find-replace for multiple files with the find in files function.  Just hit ctrl+H and it's on the next tab for the window that pops up.  I've never done this for buffering systems, but where there's a will, there's a way.

I've done that to fix things like half-circles and 360s, but this is all kind of besides the point.  If your current situation makes a quarter-circle too difficult, you should be looking into using a controller or something.  If you're really that much of a keyboard guy, then uhh...USB keyboard is also an option.