YesNoOk

street fighter 6 leaked in capcom data breach? (Read 8563 times)

Started by alexlexus, November 20, 2020, 03:12:28 am
Share this topic:
street fighter 6 leaked in capcom data breach?
#1  November 20, 2020, 03:12:28 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/

what are your thoughts?
nMo new generation of mugen exposure
Re: street fighter 6 leaked in capcom data breach?
#2  November 20, 2020, 03:42:52 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
pretty sure that's fake news or something.
#3  November 20, 2020, 11:23:00 am
Why link to a Youtube video ON an article on another site ? Why not directly link to the source rather than to people talking about it ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4  November 20, 2020, 02:07:53 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Literally for the clicks, it's his video
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#5  November 20, 2020, 03:36:31 pm
  • so i herd taht mudkip howard is PREDICTABLE!
    • Chile
    • sf2zero.blogspot.com/
Here's the original article:
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/nov/18/rumor-street-fighter-6-leaked/

It was confirmed that Capcom fell victim to a serious hack last week that compromised sensitive data including sales reports, personal employee information, and details on upcoming projects. The people responsible for this hack have reportedly begun releasing information regarding future titles and content the company currently has in the works, and particulars about Street Fighter 6 may have surfaced.

According to a pastebin containing files from the hack that is currently making the rounds on social media, Street Fighter 6's existence is not only referenced here, but we also learn that the game is in development for Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. This information has not yet been confirmed, so it's worth taking it with a grain of salt.

Reports point to Ragnar Locker as the hacker responsible for the attack — a gang who has been known to issue ransomware to other organizations in the past. With the initial hack, a ransom note to Capcom was sent by the entity that demanded they pay a sum of money in exchange for not releasing any of the newly acquired data.

The new information about Street Fighter 6 was shared by Twitter user pokeprotos and claims to be from an email that discusses the progression on 3D modelling. Within the email are strings of code that directly reference Street Fighter 6 and the platforms it is allegedly in development for.

"Ragnar has just released more onto the internet, this time including emails regarding #StreetFighterVI," pokeprotos writes. "Email itself seems to be about progression on 3D modelling, but this is still groundbreaking nonetheless. VI confirmed!"

According to the newly shared files, Keywords International is currently in the process of playtesting the upcoming game. The organization's official website details their services, including Functionality Quality Assurance, making the claims that Keywords is currently testing plausible.

Ragnar has just released more onto the internet, this time including emails regarding #StreetFighterVI.

Email itself seems to be about progression on 3D modelling, but this is still groundbreaking nonetheless. VI confirmed! pic.twitter.com/hG0dr2F6Br
    — /PPG/ (@pokeprotos) November 18, 2020

Street Fighter 6's existence likely isn't a surprise to a lot of fans here in the fighting game community, but if the details about its cross-platform and cross-generation release are to be believed, the significance here is legitimate.

Street Fighter 5 initially saw its launch on PlayStation 4 and PC back in February 2016. Its exclusivity was a result of a deal between Capcom and Sony, which ultimately meant that Xbox One users would not be able to get their hands on Capcom's major fighting game.

With a potential release right out of the gate on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, the fan base does away with the limitations of Street Fighter 6's predecessor. Not only could we see the game on both next-gen consoles, but those who are unable to purchase the latest hardware — especially given the short supply — will also have the opportunity to purchase and play the next Street Fighter game.

Unfortunately, the leaked documents do not make any mention of cross-play between all of these different platforms, but if Capcom does implement the feature we could be seeing the optimal set up for connectivity and the player base.

At this point in time, Street Fighter 6's existence and the latest claims have yet to be officially announced or confirmed.

Sent in by balmung55, jleadership, David_I, and Y2J_br.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[Lifebar] SFZ4: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=119782.msg1180458
[Stages] SFII remakes and SF custom: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=138549