YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 790133 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Ash Crimson
#341  April 23, 2021, 09:09:36 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Strange, I've never encountered that error before even though I've had KC's Terry on my IKEMEN GO roster for months. Can you tell me how exactly you did that so I can replicate that?

same here, never had that issue.
Aumio, did you patch him with anything ?

Nope. I used him directly after downloading from the source. I didn't played as him that much yet. It happened during recording some AI battle. I used Mugen 1.1 version.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 09:16:03 am by Aumio Khan
#342  May 22, 2021, 03:38:09 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Okay people, the first of my commission is wrapping up quite nicely. As some of you might know, its Angel from King of Fighters 2001 :)!

She took more time than expected on the planning stage because of how hard she was to learn across all the games.

Angel has an unique feature: the Unchain System. This poses a dilemma, because she has two very strong traits tied to her fighting game identity. SNK let her run rampant on 2001 and 2002 by giving the Unchain System virtually no limitation. This leads to broken combos and infinites in the corner, hence the idea of Angel being a combo monster. However, SNK decided to limit the Unchain System by 2002 UM, which turn her into more of a pressure machine, with a naturally strong mixup game and a lots of versatility.

Going for a gameplay with roots on a footsies game, 2002 UM approach felt easier to work with, but I've decided to keep some of her comboability on the table under certain circumstances:

https://streamable.com/d6sweo

Not only she requires a very tight execution in order to perform the more crazy stuff, but she also does it only under certain circumstances. This combo, for example, only works by connecting Reppun Kamui at point blank. A little bit of pushback by connecting from jab and she totally drops the BnB (tho it has a shorter, less damage route from jab). My idea is to keep her expressive combo game, but way more limited and situational.

At this point she is only missing her Supers and AI. Because of this, I expect her to be done in two to three weeks.

She doesn't have any Color Separation, but if you guys feel like, here's an indexed sprite to make palettes:

Cya.
#343  May 22, 2021, 06:07:25 pm
Awesome to see its Angel, looking good !
#344  May 22, 2021, 09:43:29 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Already told you, this feels  by far like the funniest Angel in Mugen :) !!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#345  May 22, 2021, 11:13:06 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Glad to see some progress about it.
And also to see she will not be too toned down from the original games.

Any plan to give her some moves/animations from Kof XIV ?
anyway, good luck. You did what so many creators feel a bit scared to do, and I can understand how complex Angel can be to code. Keeping a stable gameplay transfered into POTS style.
#346  May 23, 2021, 12:06:46 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I was sure someone had cs her sprite but I probably mixed her up with another one of dampir sprite set
Still she's looking great!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#347  May 23, 2021, 12:10:29 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Her KoF sprites have been colour separated, but Karma appears to be using Dampir's edited sprites. I don't think anyone has ever CSed those.

Angel's looking fantastic by the way!
#348  May 23, 2021, 12:17:07 am
  • A.K.A. NED
I was sure someone had cs her sprite but I probably mixed her up with another one of dampir sprite set

Yes, me too, I had this strange feeling.
I exchanged with Karma few weeks ago telling him I had these memories. But I have no idea why.
Perhpas because Dampir actually separate the black outlines in her costume. Making some color schemes looking very good compared to the limitation of palette her initial KOF sprites gives.

@shiroTori Yes, he definitely use Dampir's sprites.
#349  May 23, 2021, 12:42:38 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Here's a couple of pals for ya, some based on seasons and of course a certain badass

Winter

Autumn

K'/K Dash
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#350  May 23, 2021, 01:17:28 am
    • Canada
Oh, looks like I'm not the only one who thought of doing a K' palette. :sweatdrop:

K', Kula, 3 Customs

Might do some more later. I do like working with more simple palettes. Colour separation is great and all, but it can be overwhelming to work with sometimes.
Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:22:34 am by ShiroTori
#351  May 23, 2021, 01:48:13 am
    • Germany
Guys, thanks a whole lot for all the support and the palettes! They look amazing!

Any plan to give her some moves/animations from Kof XIV?
What do you specifically mean by this? I'm curious because I've been questioned before regarding Angel moveset, and barring XIV adding new climax and moving the HDSM to the reversals, I think Angel's moveset is functionally the same across all the games. The only thing that changes are some cinematics (and I'm sticking to 2K2UM for them). Am I missing something? Does she have a new special move outside of 2K2UM that I'm totally ignoring for some reason?

Anyway, I'll stick to the resources I have! So I doubt I'll add anything outside of 2k2 UM. The two animations that I would really like from XIV are her f.5B and cl.5A. Angel would really appreciate a new medium kick, and could get some variety with a close jab :P
#352  May 23, 2021, 04:44:57 am
    • Canada
No problem! I got a few more done but I think my ideas are running thin, I'm a bit out of practice at palette making.

All custom.
#353  May 23, 2021, 04:55:58 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com

some basics pals for ya
#354  May 23, 2021, 01:56:05 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Guys, thanks a whole lot for all the support and the palettes! They look amazing!

Any plan to give her some moves/animations from Kof XIV?
What do you specifically mean by this? I'm curious because I've been questioned before regarding Angel moveset, and barring XIV adding new climax and moving the HDSM to the reversals, I think Angel's moveset is functionally the same across all the games. The only thing that changes are some cinematics (and I'm sticking to 2K2UM for them). Am I missing something? Does she have a new special move outside of 2K2UM that I'm totally ignoring for some reason?

Anyway, I'll stick to the resources I have! So I doubt I'll add anything outside of 2k2 UM. The two animations that I would really like from XIV are her f.5B and cl.5A. Angel would really appreciate a new medium kick, and could get some variety with a close jab :P

I thought about her HDSM of course and also some heel drop flip kick she do in one of her super move.
Also her new normale attacks of course. Because it's true that classic Angel's normal kicks are a bit limited (particularly to make a 6button character)
Sadly, dbeside of soma frankenspriting, I'm not sure I can handle such animations (at least right now, and in this short delay)
Perhaps Dampir himself can add the missing animations, you just have to find a good video reference for these moves.

About her HDSM, if needed, I think I can try some camera mod to have a "normal view" as a base for Dampir.
We just have to be sure it will be used in your character.

I'll try to talk with him if he's not too busy right now.
Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 02:04:59 pm by Nedflandeurse
#355  May 23, 2021, 02:32:03 pm
    • Germany
I wouldn't worry too much about the HDSM and such because Angel already got things to work for Supers, but I'll take any extra sprites because she could really use some new stuff.

Also her new normale attacks of course. Because it's true that classic Angel's normal kicks are a bit limited (particularly to make a 6button character)
Sadly, dbeside of soma frankenspriting, I'm not sure I can handle such animations (at least right now, and in this short delay)
Perhaps Dampir himself can add the missing animations, you just have to find a good video reference for these moves.
Like this?

No problem! I got a few more done but I think my ideas are running thin, I'm a bit out of practice at palette making.

All custom.

some basics pals for ya
:smitten:
#356  May 23, 2021, 03:41:45 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#357  May 23, 2021, 04:50:51 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Kof 2002 B, C, D:

And some customs based on XIV:
#358  May 23, 2021, 05:45:56 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
1-K9999(KOF 2001)

2-Mexico

3-Shermie(KOF 97)

4-Yoruichi(Bleach)

5-La Diabla Custome(KOF XIV)
#359  May 23, 2021, 06:23:22 pm
  • No guts No glory..
this wip took my atention, will do  that animation.....
#360  May 23, 2021, 06:50:46 pm
    • Germany
Kof 2002 B, C, D:

And some customs based on XIV:

1-K9999(KOF 2001)

2-Mexico

3-Shermie(KOF 97)

4-Yoruichi(Bleach)

5-La Diabla Custome(KOF XIV)

Nice job, guys. 2k2 D Palette is a classic, and the Yoruichi one is very creative, I really like it.

this wip took my atention, will do  that animation.....

Wow! Thank you so much!

Here's a .rar file with the frames and the references:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k1mo32reotrqjeh/5MK_%252B_Twirl.rar/file

There's also 5 frames from the twirl animation from KoF 2k2 UM. If it isn't too much to ask, would you also convert them? They were absent on every file I found of your Angel sprites. They're already resized to match the proportions of yours too.
Again, thank you so much! :)