Skullgirls (Read 642757 times)

Started by Nanashi_1337, February 06, 2011, 08:48:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Skullgirls
#2161  September 06, 2020, 05:46:33 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but...

I've owned Skullgirls for about a week. Heard of it before, never dabbled much in it, bought it, played it, loved it, and now I'm hearing about Mike Z being a douche and losing the rights and now LZ is dead...?

What happened? I'm lost.
#2162  September 06, 2020, 08:02:55 am
toxic work environment, treating employees like shit, leveraging his position to pressure the company into paying him out with a huge sum. 

the gaming industry's usual.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#2163  September 06, 2020, 08:04:16 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
toxic work environment, treating employees like shit, leveraging his position to pressure the company into paying him out with a huge sum. 

the gaming industry's usual.

Yikes...

... ngl I wouldn't know the usual. I live under a rock and ignore the news of the world. Oof. That's sad.
#2164  September 07, 2020, 03:13:33 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I probably should ask this in a separate thread, but what is it with the gaming industry and treating the workers like crap.

Not just in America, I heard similar stories happening in Japan.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#2165  September 07, 2020, 04:08:36 pm
I'm surprised an American asks this question. The answer is pure and simple, Capitalism.
Let me quote my former boss, he said this to one of my coworkers:
I can replace you with a click of the finger, I have over 30 resumes lined up here [in HR]. You go away now, you will replaced tomorrow. So what you're being overworked? so what you're getting underpaid? without us you would still be unemployed, so be grateful for what you have.

This is how those assholes think too, If it means more money in their pocket and they CAN get away with, why wouldn't they do it?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#2166  September 07, 2020, 05:13:01 pm
    • Brazil
Ubisoft has been protecting multiple sexual predators with no consequences for years, they think they're some sort of superior being, treating people "below" them like garbage in every way.
#2167  September 07, 2020, 05:57:17 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
This is not exclusive to the gaming industry, and isn't really a problem of Capitalism but society as a whole. This has existed for centuries, and will continue to exist for centuries more.
#2168  September 07, 2020, 06:13:50 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The game industry is exploitative because they have an endless supply of starry-eyes naive idiots fresh out of college who think they'll climb up the ladder and become the next Shigeru Miyamoto or Sid Meier. You see the same phenomenon in the animation or entertainment industry to differing degrees, businesses that target people with "dreams" have a lot more leeway in treating their employees like shit than a conventional, "boring" job would have.,
#2169  September 07, 2020, 07:22:01 pm
    • Brazil
The game industry is exploitative because they have an endless supply of starry-eyes naive idiots fresh out of college who think they'll climb up the ladder and become the next Shigeru Miyamoto or Sid Meier. You see the same phenomenon in the animation or entertainment industry to differing degrees, businesses that target people with "dreams" have a lot more leeway in treating their employees like shit than a conventional, "boring" job would have.,
The game industry is exploitative because they're pieces of shit who want to keep their rich and powerful position at any human cost, don't shift the blame to people who want to follow their dreams, because its not their fault in any capacity.

Also, we're getting quite off topic, I know abuse has been a big thing in Skullgirls' development, but a discussion about the industry itself is already far enough, we could have a topic speficially about that.
#2170  February 01, 2021, 01:39:17 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

This is a pleasant surprise!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#2171  February 01, 2021, 03:35:51 pm
    • Brazil
Yes! There is also another character coming after her! Bring back my girls!
#2172  February 24, 2021, 11:41:14 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#2173  February 24, 2021, 11:57:13 pm
    • Brazil
YEEEESSS!!!! SKULLGIRLS IS BACK FOR FUCKING REAL, BABY!!!
#2174  February 25, 2021, 05:30:08 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
This is very interesting.

I recall that there are still a bunch of characters from the Indiegogo campaign that did not get selected, especially Umbrella, since she happens to be a rather major plot character.

I wonder if the season pass characters will draw from that pool of characters, or will be never seen before characters?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#2175  February 25, 2021, 05:53:56 am
    • Brazil
So, long time ago, in 2016, I sent a PM to the Skullgirls official Facebook page about which characters they needed to make a canon story mode, and they answered:

It would make a lot of sense if the pass included Marie, Umbrella and Dahlia. The only one of those who wasn't very popular in their campaign was Umbrella, but I'm sure they can add her if they seek to make a big story mode.
#2176  May 07, 2021, 02:52:26 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#2177  May 07, 2021, 05:07:35 am
    • Brazil
#2178  July 08, 2021, 07:55:13 am
    • Brazil
#2179  July 09, 2021, 02:42:43 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
The one character that should have been in the roster a decade ago has FINALLY seen the light of day.

It's mini simplified Parasoul.  Guess this means playable Marie and Dahlia may actually be happening.

Makes sense to release the character that was the least popular first, so they can finish the pass with the more popular ones. Really hoping for a canon story mode.

Other still need to be playable for that to happen.
#2180  July 09, 2021, 03:46:07 am
    • Brazil