YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734378 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2541  June 20, 2021, 10:50:34 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I don't think that was ever in question, just more wondering whether or not the tracks will branch out to other Bamco stuffs.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2542  June 21, 2021, 12:50:49 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I doubt it.
#2543  June 21, 2021, 12:57:26 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I wouldn't mind seeing Soul Calibur music in the playlist. It would be a nice nod to that fan base.

My biggest question is this: How in the world are they going to get all of Kazuya's moves into Smash? Now, I know there was that video showing off what they had.. but it doesn't explain anything for me. Hell, Street Fighter X Tekken didn't have all of his moves and that's a six button game!

Smash only has two attack buttons. Unless they're going to map most of these attack to a different direction, I'm not sure how they're going to do it..
#2544  June 21, 2021, 01:24:23 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I don't think that was ever in question, just more wondering whether or not the tracks will branch out to other Bamco stuffs.
Well. Pac-Man's stage has tracks from retro Namco titles as medleys.  Will it be the same for Mishima Dojo?  Probably.

How in the world are they going to get all of Kazuya's moves into Smash?

Smash only has two attack buttons. Unless they're going to map most of these attack to a different direction, I'm not sure how they're going to do it..
For starters, Heihachi didn't have all his moves in PSASBR yet worked fine.  Not all of Kaz's source moves need to be added, just the ones that are well known like EWGF, Hellsweep, Wavedash, Laser, etc.  Stuff that will help him keep up with the rest of the cast.

There is a niche title called Tekken Advance for the Gameboy Advance that was also a two button fighter and all the cast had their moves revamped to fit in it.  However, Kaz wasn't a part of that game.  It's just to give you an idea that a 2-button Tekken game existed.
#2545  June 21, 2021, 12:39:16 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
For Tekken Advance, you can use Jin since it's based on Tekken 3 and he was the Kazuya replacement in that.
#2546  June 28, 2021, 03:33:32 pm

Going live in less than half an hour.
#2547  June 28, 2021, 03:44:37 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
#2548  June 28, 2021, 04:43:54 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Mii Fighters:
1. Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)
2. Skyrim's Dragonborn (Shown as just Dragonborn)
3. Dante (Just Dante, no game here).
4. Shantae

Dante will probably hurt the most seeing the amount of people demanding him since the Byleth Teaser. Decent choices though.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#2549  June 28, 2021, 04:47:41 pm
No Klonoa, no Crash and no Tekken casts...
4 costumes.... Are they out of ideas?
#2550  June 28, 2021, 04:49:03 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
And now it's over.  Dude looks fun.  The taunt 4-hit combo's amusing.

The Miis this time are Lloyd, Dragonborn, Dante and Shantae.  Hm.

The Mii Fighters are always a mixed bag to me.  I wholeheartedly appreciate the acknowledgement, but the fact they're still clearly Miis with their notable bodies and faces always just makes me not want to use these cosplay ones.  Its really only worked when the costumes completely obscure the fact they're Miis and the character they're copying already falls into a similar art style like Sans or the Fallout mascot dude.

Oh well.  Three of the four are appreciated by me, will likely pick them up regardless.
#2551  June 28, 2021, 04:51:00 pm
    • Dominica
Track lists

Dante o_O

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 05:00:00 pm by yaret
#2552  June 28, 2021, 05:49:22 pm
    • Mexico
I can't believe that he actually did end up adding in the sheep grassland song  :coollove:
#2553  June 28, 2021, 05:52:55 pm
Don't let these influx of content distract you from the fact that the T6 SHEEP MUSIC is now in Smash.

As for Kaz, just watching his playstyle is enough to make my fingers bleed.  To think they would give him WS and juggles is madness.  Thankfully, they made EWGF somewhat forgiving by not making it done on one frame.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Kazumi and Heihachi's names based on Tekken 2's dojo floor.
#2554  June 28, 2021, 05:54:42 pm
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
it's an engraving for Heihachi and Kazumi. Heihachi and Kazumi engraved their names together on the dojo floor when they fell in love.
#2555  June 28, 2021, 06:37:11 pm
    • Dominica
it's an engraving for Heihachi and Kazumi. Heihachi and Kazumi engraved their names together on the dojo floor when they fell in love.

:yaoming: by the way my expectation wasnt shattered completed cause no volcano stage, what happened?
Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 06:49:24 pm by yaret
#2556  June 28, 2021, 11:31:05 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#2557  June 29, 2021, 12:19:07 am
  • SNK is life
Kazuya looks awfully complicated to use and I don't think I'll be maining him, but I'm super glad he's in!

#2558  June 29, 2021, 01:48:58 am
    • Mexico
#2559  June 29, 2021, 01:58:34 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#2560  June 29, 2021, 02:08:27 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Random thought too late to matter much at this point, but thinking on it, surprised that since they based the Shantae skin on Pirate's Curse that they made it a brawler-type Mii.  4 out of the 5 Shantae games, sure, I get it, closest thing to the hair attack.  But they based it on the title that had the biggest Nintendo connection, the DS's top rated game or whatever the award was, I forget.  The one entry in the series where she has a prominent sword.

I mean I guess it's not hers story/lore-wise, but whatever, it's not like there was a Risky Boots skin that would have ended up on the chopping block over it.  They went with DMC1 Dante with Alastor, not exactly the de facto face of the franchise.