Started by Sean Altly, November 10, 2021, 09:27:39 pm
Share this topic:
Stages!
#1  November 10, 2021, 09:27:39 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
So here are the stages for Last Bout. These are mostly edits using resources from many different sources by a bunch of different authors, whom I will credit in the game.

The concept of the stages is that each fight begins in the arena that the Last Bout tournament is taking place in. Then, a wireframe pattern takes over the floor and background as a new one is projected. For the people in attendance, they see the fight taking place on a platform, but for the "viewers at home" (since this is a big tournament being watched all over the world), they see the stage, which enhances the broadcast presentation. This idea was partially based on how they handle stages in the Tekken live-action movie.

Each stage is not just based on the country the fighter is from. The tournament producers have asked each fighter what they want their "stage" to be. Some have chosen their home country, while some have chosen a stage to represent where they are most comfortable in a fight. That way the stages reflect their personality and not just their nation.

Here are the stages:

Every stage starts like this, and is then transformed:

BRYCE

Description: A bridge over a peaceful autumn river that he remembers fondly from his childhood.

TRISTAN

Description: The garden of his family's mansion. His favorite place to train as a kid, but one he hasn't seen in quite some time since his parents cut him off financially.
Note: This stage was made by AVPBoy for the game.

VIDAEL

Description: The roof of the hospital she works at in Calcutta. She often goes there on stressful days to relax and enjoy the view.

ELLE

Description: A scenic footbridge in Paris. She was once attacked on this same footbridge while on a walk, which inspired her to learn martial arts and become a bounty hunter.

QUAVON

Description: A bit redundant, but Quavon definitely feels most himself when in front of a roaring crowd. He insisted that the ring bare his name because that's the sort of thing that makes him happy.
Note: This stage was made by President Devon, originally for Sasuke, but I decided to edit the ring and use it for Quavon once I honed in on this game's stages concept as a whole.

SASUKE

Description: The wrestling ring that Sasuke has set up in his personal dojo in Japan. The walls are decorated with his world championship belt as well as a tribute to his famous puro father, Shin Saito.

ZICO

Description: A caged ring on a beautiful Brazilian beach. Zico is not a complicated guy, he likes fighting and he likes the beach.

ATLEIF

Description: The snowfield right outside his small Norwegian church, bathed in the glow of the moon as well as the church's lights.

SIEGE

Description: A cold, basic elevated steel platform in a gray mountain range surrounded by "the fog of war." This stage is no nonsense, just like her.

ILLIAN

Description: An upper walkway in the hall of Illian's castle in St. Petersburg. Looming over the fighters is a massive statue of Illian himself, a monument to his ego.

TRAINING

Description: A basic training area adorned with the logo of the tournament.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 09:33:03 pm by Sean Altly
Re: Stages!
#2  November 10, 2021, 10:15:48 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I found myself incredibly disappointed by the time I got to the bottom of the page. :\

These stages were so good, I was disappointed there were no more to look at...!
#3  November 11, 2021, 09:56:58 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
That's amazing! Wow, love the concepts.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#4  November 11, 2021, 05:30:29 pm
  • I must continue my training...
I love the backstory behind these stages just as much as I love the presentation. I know Devon did one of these. Who helped you out? I would have loved to get in on this.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#5  November 11, 2021, 08:58:38 pm
  • Why,
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#6  November 16, 2021, 08:02:59 pm
  • Tesla
  • Buy a Tesla
    • UK
These stages look so good, the one that intrigues me the most is

This stage looks fantastic!
♪ This is Major Tom to Ground Control ♪
#7  November 17, 2021, 05:56:24 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Thanks for the kind words everybody!

I love the backstory behind these stages just as much as I love the presentation. I know Devon did one of these. Who helped you out? I would have loved to get in on this.

AVPBoy fully made Tristan's stage, Devon made Quavon's stage but I edited the ring, the rest are made by me but using resources/sprites from a bunch of different stages that I edited to varying degrees. I'm most proud of how Vidael's stage turned out.

Download Last Bout now!
#8  November 17, 2021, 07:39:40 pm
  • Why,
Fennoscandic snowfield is my favo...
Atleif seens  just fennoscanic at look...  Strange..
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help