YesNoOk

Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes) (Read 150866 times)

Started by Cobra Caddie, December 11, 2018, 09:19:24 pm
Share this topic:
Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes)
#1  December 11, 2018, 09:19:24 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org

SF2Nes/SSF2Nes
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download for current released version:
SSF2Nes 1.0.3 This is the last release from the team that was working on it in the past and doesn't have any updates I've made to the game.

Current developers
I'm the only person working on the game at the moment. That could change but I have a development plan regardless of if this ends up being a team effort or a solo project. There is no involvement in any form from the co-creator of this project.

Why?

Goals:

Character development plan:

Name change?
Since resuming development I've considered a name change for the game for several reasons. Currently the name that I'm liking the most is Mighty Street Fighter, a play on the NES game Mighty Final Fight. SF2Nes has always has SNES music and particle effects for special moves, as well as breaking palette limitations in several ways. It's never really been truly NES so I figure that name would be more true to what it is.

"Full" Roster:

CHANGELOG (this will be updated as I continue development)

Random screenshots:

Think that's it. I'm gonna try and finish this all the way to the end, but if I end up flaking out on it I'll at least let yall know this time. I've had a lot of fun doing Bison's new spriteset and working on Mike so far.

Speaking of Mike I'm gonna make a follow up post showcasing him. His programming is mostly complete outside of some touch ups but I'll be more specific in that post. If you have any questions or comments about the game you can post here or through PM.

Thank you all. :)
Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 09:23:53 am by Cobra Caddie
Re: SF2NES (new name?): In development again
#2  December 11, 2018, 09:23:08 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
One quick double post I wanna keep separate from the opening one, I've been considering changing the particle effects in game to pixel art. Here's an example I whipped up.

Current:

With pixel art:

Any thoughts/opinions? It'd be a lot of work and the particle effects actually look pretty good in motion, so I'm 50/50 on it myself.

#3  December 11, 2018, 10:18:01 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
Interesting. ;)
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#4  December 11, 2018, 10:38:34 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Sounds interesting! Keep up.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#5  December 11, 2018, 11:43:12 pm
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
You should port this to Ikemen. I wouldn't mind playing it with some friends online.

Btw, I remember some characters from this game had moves they didn't have in their source games, like I think Blanka had some kind of autocombo super. Are you gonna keep them in?
#6  December 12, 2018, 01:29:18 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Yes! That's one thing I've always really loved about this project is the creativity that came from it, most of the original moves that were put into the game really fit the characters. The only way I'd really remove something is if I find a better idea and have to take something away to add it.
#7  December 12, 2018, 04:07:05 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I kinda consider this the Ultra update to SSF2Nes, either way i'm liking the work you have done so far to this.
#8  December 12, 2018, 04:17:08 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
If you're think of a name, I'd say "Go for Mighty Street Fighter". It's silly and complements the Nintendo style of Street Fighter that you're using.
#9  December 12, 2018, 05:57:38 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
You should port this to Ikemen. I wouldn't mind playing it with some friends online.

Btw, I remember some characters from this game had moves they didn't have in their source games, like I think Blanka had some kind of autocombo super. Are you gonna keep them in?

Parsec is a good option for playing this online if this isn't ported over.

9mb

#10  December 12, 2018, 01:07:09 pm
cool!...1.03 no  Cammy,T Hawk,Dee Jay,Mike?
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
#11  December 12, 2018, 01:35:39 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Currect, the released version has none of those characters. My development plan for those characters will probably be something along the lines of

Mike
Mystery 1
Mystery 2
Eagle
Dee Jay
Cammy
T Hawk
Mystery 3

I might move Mystery 2 down cause his sprites take a bit more editing than any of the others. Also I'll probably do either public or private beta testing for each of them so I can get some feedback, I might even just have the character downloads without the updated fullgame just to get that feedback but I don't know how that'll work out. We'll see.

Also it's really cool seeing people interested in doing online matches through the game, I hadn't thought about that but it'd be nice since this is a fullgame and all. Awesome :)
#12  December 20, 2018, 11:32:45 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Progress update on Mike: I'm almost done with the "edit" sprites(sprites edited from Balrog). When they're done all that's left is the custom sprites from SFV. After edit sprites are done I'll make a progress video with the placeholder sprites so I can show off his gameplay. I'm still on track to have that video ready by the end of the month, and Mike should be done by the end of January. I can probably do some testing if people wanna beta test him.  :)

My perfectionism has gotten to me twice so far and I've updated Mike's whole spriteset for minor details twice; to give him dark lines for his belt buckle and to change the shading on his hand tape. Minor things but it makes a difference, to see what I mean:

I'm slightly worried things like that will extend the project longer than it should but anyone who remembers me will remember I don't "settle". :P

Since I don't have a gameplay video yet, I'll post a couple of goodies instead. I based his palettes on Mike's SFV outfit, and also gave him a Cody and Balrog palette to bring it to the 12 total. Also I've always loved making palettes!

Also heres some Mike vs Balrog clips just to show off a few things. Mike's intro is based on his SF1 intro, and I gave him a bouncier stance than Balrog to reflect Mike's movement in SF1.

I wish I could show more now since the programming has been completely done for a while and he has most of his sprites but I still wanna hold off for there to be no more Balrog sprites to edit. I'll try and get it done as soon as possible.

Oh and as you can see from the animations I updated Mike's stage. I'm considering updating it further. The theme I'm using right now for that stage/for Mike is Mickey Rogers theme from AOF2(mostly cause Mike's SF1 theme is 10 seconds long and terrible).

I'd love to know what any of yall think!

#13  December 20, 2018, 01:53:16 pm
Looks awesome so far.   :bravo:
#14  December 21, 2018, 04:12:27 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
New name Idea sure "Pocket Alpha Max"
#15  December 21, 2018, 06:32:14 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Keep Mike's theme.
#16  December 21, 2018, 09:45:49 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Keep Mike's theme.
No way, it's literally a 15 second long loop that goes BWOOOOOOOOOOOOW with what sounds like a genesis sound chip over and over again. Tell you what though, only cause you asked I'll put it in as an alternate that anyone can change for themselves. :)
#17  December 21, 2018, 01:12:41 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
I've loved every iteration of the game and was sad to hear when the last version was the "last". Really liking the look of Mike and the update so far.

Mighty Street Fighter sounds good too!
#18  December 21, 2018, 05:56:25 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Man I went back and listened to Mike's theme and you're right, its pretty terrible. The arranged version sounds kinda good tho.
#19  December 21, 2018, 08:32:39 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
I'm late, but what the heck:
  • Yes on pixel art FX. The other ones always clashed a bit too much for me.
  • Another vote for Mighty Street Fighter 2
#20  December 25, 2018, 06:59:22 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Since Mike is base on Balrog in SFV are you going to give him his command grab he has in vtrigger2?
Also for his theme I guess the NYC theme from SFV could fit

-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 07:58:54 am by GTOAkira