YesNoOk

Spritesheet edit request. (Read 1305 times)

Started by Fox Reeveheart, October 17, 2007, 07:12:47 pm
Share this topic:
Spritesheet edit request.
#1  October 17, 2007, 07:12:47 pm
I am having a problem with the transparency in my spritesheets so i'm looking for help.

I'm using magma dragoon spritesheet to try and make another version of him (i can't find the download for the original version though).  So I started from scratch.  The problem is that when i pick a color to fill the void around the sprites for transparency, it picks a color that matches a color on the sprite instead.  An example is that I would try to fill the outter area with a hot green, instead the outter area would be filled with a little bit of darker green that matches the inside of the beads of magma dragoon.  So when I look in game his neck is partially invisible.  This goes for other colors as well, I try to make a hot pink instead and it turns to blue like on his gloves.

So what I'm asking for is someone to take the save the spritesheet, reverse the whole thing so it faces right obviously, and somehow put like a hot pink color around the sprites for transparency, because my art stuff isn't letting me do it at all!  Pink becomes blue...wtf?!  Heck I am trying it now just as I write this and i'm getting nowhere X.x

I mean if you can think of a way to fix this then tell me, otherwise somebody doing this and then just emailing the spritesheet to me so I can cut, etc. would be much appreciated.

BTW i'm using the GIMP 2 if it makes any difference, I don't have a treasure trove of cash to pay for photoshop like some of you do.

http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/X/X4/Boss/8Boss/
Link to spritesheets.  Dragoon is the 2nd set, the red lizard guy :p
Re: Spritesheet edit request.
#2  October 17, 2007, 07:22:04 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
This is a character/stage/screenpack/etc. request forum.

Moved to development resources.