YesNoOk

How do I rotate a Helper in place attached to char? (Like Hazama's green ring) (Read 3948 times)

Started by 64-bit-chu, January 21, 2014, 07:52:50 pm
Share this topic:
How do I rotate a Helper in place attached to char? (Like Hazama's green ring)
#1  January 21, 2014, 07:52:50 pm
    • USA
    • gallumianalloy@gmail.com
Hey everyone, new here.

I'm working on a gag Espurr (from Pokemon) as a joke (in other words, it's going to be pretty cheap- be warned). It is also my first project to get some experience coding a character. One of my ideas is Espurr has 2 rings surrounding it- one rotating one way and another slightly larger one rotating another. Kind of like devilpp's Unlimited Hazama but with 2 rings. I've got a single ring to spin in place, but it draws over what was there when I move Espurr around. I'm guessing I probably have to do something with BindToRoot. Also, I'd like to know how to make Espurr pulsate (like Chuck Norris does). Obviously this is not meant to be at all accurate. :U
Re: How do I rotate a Helper in place attached to char? (Like Hazama's green ring)
#2  January 23, 2014, 06:56:08 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Depends what kind of rotation you want.
Do you want Angle rotation? If so, use AngleDraw, and AngleAdd.

If it's particle Rotation, you could use Float Variables to determine the position. I think one of my MegaMan characters has a charged mega buster with particle rotations. Just need to rotate which way the variables are added/subtracted and just position the particles/helper being rotated using the variables being changed.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
Re: How do I rotate a Helper in place attached to char? (Like Hazama's green ring)
#3  January 24, 2014, 02:52:27 am
    • USA
    • gallumianalloy@gmail.com
Depends what kind of rotation you want.
Do you want Angle rotation? If so, use AngleDraw, and AngleAdd.

If it's particle Rotation, you could use Float Variables to determine the position. I think one of my MegaMan characters has a charged mega buster with particle rotations. Just need to rotate which way the variables are added/subtracted and just position the particles/helper being rotated using the variables being changed.

Ok, that should help. It's a lot better than the method I got working yesterday (interpolation)- which requires MUGEN 1.1 :P I might just edit the rotation code from Hazama because it was released as open source.