YesNoOk

Expectations for E3 2019 (Read 20982 times)

Started by Macaulyn97, May 29, 2019, 12:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Expectations for E3 2019
#1  May 29, 2019, 12:44:39 am
    • Brazil
E3 will happen in exactly two weeks from today, what are your expectations?

I'm really excited to see more of Cyberpunk 2077, specially the release date. I'm also hoping for MK11's Kombat Pack reveal and SF5's next season characters, maybe even another fighting game from Capcom too.
Re: Expectations for E3 2019
#2  May 29, 2019, 01:22:07 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Resident Evil game reveal, FF7 release date+gameplay, SF5 new characters.
Lasagna
#3  May 29, 2019, 06:25:48 pm
Squenix created a Twitter account to announce that their Avengers game will be announced at E3.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4  May 29, 2019, 06:39:08 pm
    • Brazil
Squenix created a Twitter account to announce that their Avengers game will be announced at E3.
Now thats an interesting one. I heard that this game has been in development for some time, and they're obviously not trying to release it at the same time as any MCU movie, which, for me, are two great signs: they're taking their time to release something that isn't meant to be one of those crappy low effort games that is usually released alongside a movie for a little extra cash.
#5  May 29, 2019, 06:52:59 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
News from Nintendo regarding Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, and other things as well. The Kombat Pack, Cyberpunk, and just new stuff in general. Never have my hopes up cause overhype can be the death of us in the long run so always keep channels open.
#6  June 03, 2019, 06:51:07 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I dont think we are getting anything fighting games related especially for SFV since Sony wont be there. there was a rumor a while back that a new Dino Crisis would be announced during a microsoft conference and since capcom confirmed they were currently working on many new games using the RE Engine I think a new Dino crisis sounds likely.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#7  June 05, 2019, 12:10:01 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Banjo-Threeie. This year's gonna be the year.
#8  June 05, 2019, 03:17:29 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
I'll add Modern Warfare, though that's mostly my intrigue in what will obviously be a controversial single player campaign.
#9  June 05, 2019, 04:25:22 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I suppose we know Halo Infinity is going to be there.

4 years later and I guess I'm still holding a grudge, but I'm....tempered as to what 343 will present.  A continuous record of disappointments and going off a narrative suicide does not leave me with high hopes, regardless of how nice graphically the tech demo looked the previous year, because ultimately years of returning to the previous games has confirmed for me, graphics still don't mean jack. (Frankly, the Anniversary versions lose some charm compared to the originals as well, though the Halo 2 Blur cutscenes are still top-notch)

Boy it sucks not being able to look forward to Halo without heavy cynicism.

On a more positive spin not requiring clenching teeth that it's not a disaster, I'm looking forward to what the FFVII Remake has to finally show.  I've noticed that Japanese audiences seem to be complaining about Aerith looking wrong, which....no?  The last trailer was about as perfect as perfection could be applied to the character.  Barret outside his initial appearance always looked a little off to me personally, but it's hard to take someone with Popeye arms and perfectly transition them into something more real looking.

I too would really like to see something about Banjo.  And/or that new Perfect Dark Rare has teased here and there over the number of years.  Which likely means it never was really in production for some time, but damn it, I miss Joanna Dark and Elvis.  But the more likely outcome judging by the rising number of sudden Banjo-Kazooie merch being produced for E3, they either have a new game, a Smash Bros. invite or even better, both.

I'd kill for some Metroid Prime 4 news as well, but after the project restarting and development team swap, I would not hold my breath for anything substantial this year.  Perhaps showing off the new model for Samus and the Varia Suit, some renders would do, but that's as far as I'd expect out of anything shown.
Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 04:30:15 am by Long John Killer
#10  June 05, 2019, 04:48:45 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
On a more positive spin not requiring clenching teeth that it's not a disaster, I'm looking forward to what the FFVII Remake has to finally show.  I've noticed that Japanese audiences seem to be complaining about Aerith looking wrong, which....no?  The last trailer was about as perfect as perfection could be applied to the character.  Barret outside his initial appearance always looked a little off to me personally, but it's hard to take someone with Popeye arms and perfectly transition them into something more real looking.

Japanese audiences are complaining about Aerith because she actually looks like a 22 year old woman like she's supposed to be and not a pre-pubescent moeblob that looks 13 but no she's totally a full grown adult. 
#11  June 05, 2019, 05:09:54 am
    • USA
Oh, I know the whole story, it's right stupid.  And kind of counter-intuitive to the point of the character's design to begin with, but what's character got to do with lasting appeal anyways?  Tifa's just the boob lady, right?  Not like Aerith is supposed to look more mature than you as Cloud to surprise you when you find her being mischievous or petty later on.

Boy I hope Nomura and his team still know what they're doing and don't neuter the characters.  Though Kairi in KH3 does make me worry a bit...
#12  June 05, 2019, 05:14:13 am
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#13  June 05, 2019, 05:51:26 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I suppose we know Halo Infinity is going to be there.

4 years later and I guess I'm still holding a grudge, but I'm....tempered as to what 343 will present.  A continuous record of disappointments and going off a narrative suicide does not leave me with high hopes, regardless of how nice graphically the tech demo looked the previous year, because ultimately years of returning to the previous games has confirmed for me, graphics still don't mean jack. (Frankly, the Anniversary versions lose some charm compared to the originals as well, though the Halo 2 Blur cutscenes are still top-notch)

Boy it sucks not being able to look forward to Halo without heavy cynicism.

Imagine how it feels seeing that Dr. Halo himself isn't looking forward to Halo

I'm hearing some preliminary buzz about this one though, it's sounds like it's going to be interesting one way or the other
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#14  June 05, 2019, 06:04:50 am
    • USA
Sorry, but 343 is just exceedingly incompetent at what they do.  They try to provide answers to questions better left unanswered, those they do are haphazardly sewn together through retcons akin to the stupidity that Wonder Woman went through with dropping the whole "made of clay" mythology for a while.  They were likely never going to match up to the drama levels of fighting the Covenant as the eternal underdog, but undermining a big part of the mystery of the original three to make a new faction to fight, lessening the impact the Covenant's blind belief had by proxy, just sucked in 4 alone.  Going on to 5 literally turning the heart and soul of the series into the main, Hitler mustache-twirling villain and obliterating any sense of character building not only in titles by the previous owner but their own title just beforehand, for zero pay-off.

Anyways, this isn't the Halo thread, so I won't rant on.  I've heard the same pearls of hope from the remaining Halo community, 343's current catchphrase is Infinite is a "spiritual reboot", whatever that means.  See what they have in store.  Hope at least it's fun to play.  5 on top of the story issues just annoys me to play, it feels so unlike Halo.
#15  June 05, 2019, 05:43:49 pm
Oh, I know the whole story, it's right stupid.  And kind of counter-intuitive to the point of the character's design to begin with, but what's character got to do with lasting appeal anyways?  Tifa's just the boob lady, right?  Not like Aerith is supposed to look more mature than you as Cloud to surprise you when you find her being mischievous or petty later on.

Boy I hope Nomura and his team still know what they're doing and don't neuter the characters.  Though Kairi in KH3 does make me worry a bit...

ff7 isn't even good , people just liked it cause nostalgia. ps era ff9 was the best out of all of them.

does snk gonna have a floor at e3? and bethesda? i heard they are rushing elder scrolls 6.
#16  June 05, 2019, 06:26:00 pm
    • USA
Why do you do that?  It's not even objectively true, 7 and 9 tell widely different stories to compare, play differently enough and while 9 is fine, the resounding mass of the fan base prefer 7.  We wouldn't be here waiting on the Remake if people weren't clamoring for it.  You might as well be trying to convince people how great XIII is.

...Which it is, quite underrated, but deserving of all its criticism.

Of course there's a nostalgic charm to it.  But even the recent PS4/One ports, I've convinced new friends who never touched the series or from the following generation to try VII, and they love it.  It's a great game still.
#17  June 05, 2019, 06:47:33 pm
    • Brazil
I was wondering if we would see the Harry Potter game that was leaked some time ago... I know the franchise has been caught in lots of controversies, but the idea of an open world Harry Potter game just seems so awesome...
#18  June 05, 2019, 08:02:06 pm
ff7 isn't even good , people just liked it cause nostalgia.
What you meant to say is that you don't like it and you don't understand that people might like it for anything other than nostalgia (never mind that it was a massive hit when it came out, i.e. when it wasn't about nostalgia).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#19  June 05, 2019, 08:12:31 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Sometimes it feels like ppl hate on ff7 because it's popular. Like liking main stream ff games is a bad thing.
#20  June 06, 2019, 04:25:48 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
IIRC FF7 is the game that made jrpgs mainstream in the west anyway.