YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1521700 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#101  June 14, 2015, 07:48:19 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it might actually cover the uub budokai.
#102  June 14, 2015, 08:53:58 pm
so this entire series takes place before DBZ's epilogue but after the movie?
this is kinda confusing...
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#103  June 14, 2015, 09:13:52 pm
Why is it confusing ? It's pretty simple.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#104  June 14, 2015, 09:25:40 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Timeline: Fukkatsu no F -> Dragon Ball Super -> Uub appearance and 28th Tournament.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling about DB Super will have very few episodes O_O
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#105  June 14, 2015, 09:36:34 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Don't underestimate the toei's power to drag things and milk them good!

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#106  June 14, 2015, 09:38:41 pm
That being said, if 3 years did pass between the first and second God movies, there should be less than 2 years before the original epilogue, so there's a chance this DBSuper series will go beyond the original Uub fight.
your post confused me! the 28th tournament happend ten years after the Buu Arc, there should be 7 years between the events of this series and the tournament.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#107  June 14, 2015, 10:00:45 pm
Kid Buu's death
Battle of Gods : Videl is pregnant, Bills says he'll sleep for 3 more years
Resurrection
Dragon Ball Super goes here
Uub tournament : Pan is 4 years old

Unless Bills wakes up early in Resurrection, then Pan is a bit over 2 years old during Resurrection. That means there is less than 2 years from Resurrection to the Uub tournament. And either way, since Videl is pregnant, Battle of Gods happens less than 5 years before the Uub tournament.

In the first place, if Pan is 4 during the Uub tournament and the Uub tournament happens 10 years after Kid Buu's death, then Goten and Trunks should have already been somewhere between 12 and 14 years old during Battle of Gods. They should have looked a bit older than they did during the Buu Saga. It worked well for Gohan, growing up between Namek, Freeza's return, the Android Saga, and the Cell Saga. But somehow they forgot to update the look of the kids for the Gods movie, then in the Resurrection movie (though I don't even know if they show up there), and clearly, still not here. But we know they look tall during the Uub tournament.

So I'm saying, someone screwed up and/or got a bit lazy on that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:48:48 pm by DKDC
#108  June 14, 2015, 10:28:02 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Goku shot up in like a year.
#109  June 14, 2015, 10:35:07 pm
There's three years between the Goku/Ten Shin Han tournament & death of King Piccolo and the Piccolo Jr./Goku tournament. But yeah, good point. Although it completely didn't happen with Gohan, so we might fall in the "it's true for a full blooded Saiyan but not for a half-blooded one" and Goten is half Saiyan... In short, I'm not completely convinced. It just feels weird.

Oh, especially because of Future Trunks. He was something like 13 during the first part of the Android attack, when Future Gohan dies (and then further when Future Trunks uses the time machine for the first time), and he was already much taller than Trunks in the Gods movie (who should already be around the same age). That fits with how much Cell Saga Gohan grew.
Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:39:28 pm by DKDC
#110  June 15, 2015, 07:49:20 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA

Fat Beerus and Female Whis confirmed.
#111  June 15, 2015, 08:30:26 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Wait does that mean Fukkatsu no F is irrelevant to this show? I was already barely understanding why they were making a new series that occur before the end of the manga, but now they simply decide to have this series occur before even Fukkatsu no F? Is it to not make people mad and give Goku and Vegeta their old suits? Or is it simply because they don't wanna use Ssjgodss ? In that case why even create it? Ugh what were they thinking. Plus it seems we are getting a multiverse plot-line like BoG teased which imo will quickly get boring. Oh well I'll still watch it but I will drop it if it ever star to get boring.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
#112  June 15, 2015, 10:16:30 am
I'm pretty sure the series happens after Resurrection. It was most likely created specifically to lead into the new series, in fact. My guess is, Battle of Gods was a "test" just for something Toriyama wanted to make, and when it worked, they decided to make a series about Bills and the whole multiverse, but they didn't want to limit themselves with the conditions they came up with for SSGod.
For the costumes, we've already seen Goku and Vegeta wear the new ones for the series, so maybe it'll span a long period of time that starts before the movies but quickly moves on to after the movies ? Krillin's, Gohan's, Videl's design there are the ones from the Gods movie too, right ?
Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:22:29 am by DKDC
#113  June 15, 2015, 10:22:08 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
I hope you're right.

#114  June 17, 2015, 10:11:38 pm
Peace is back after Majin Buu's defeat. Because of this, Chi-Chi orders Goku to work in order to have money, but Goku wants to train even more. Meanwhile, Goten is on a journey with Trunks to find a present for his future sister-in-law Videl.
Ooh, so it starts right after Kid Buu's defeat and before the movies, okay, that explains the outfits in the visuals. And there's still a chance to see the kids grow, and of course, considering they already showed that Goku's Resurrection outfit would show up, it should span across the whole of the 10 years before the Uub tournament.
It's just a question of how long it will take to get past the two movies, then.
#115  June 17, 2015, 10:14:55 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
told you
#116  June 17, 2015, 10:18:50 pm
  • SNK is life
It's just a question of how long it will take to get past the two movies, then.
I hope it never does. That Super Saiyan God Super Shun Goku Satsu Saiyan nonsense shouldn't be perpetuated. Let's just stick to enjoy Toriyama's celebration of his fan favorite creations.

#117  June 17, 2015, 10:43:45 pm
told you
That's weird because I can't see any post from you in the whole topic ! :P But it's still a fact that Goku's latest movie outfit was shown (well, for the manga at least, but I don't see why it would be different, that'd just be weird). Plus Bills and Whis are in anyway.
Let's just stick to enjoy Toriyama's celebration of his fan favorite creations.
But the whole God thing is exactly what Toriyama wants to do with it.
#118  June 17, 2015, 10:44:25 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
god ssj is good, imo, and i wish son goku luck in finding many ways to use it in his new career
#119  June 17, 2015, 10:46:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
told you
That's weird because I can't see any post from you in the whole topic ! :P But it's still a fact that Goku's latest movie outfit was shown (well, for the manga at least, but I don't see why it would be different, that'd just be weird). Plus Bills and Whis are in anyway.
Let's just stick to enjoy Toriyama's celebration of his fan favorite creations.
But the whole God thing is exactly what Toriyama wants to do with it.
considering the promo pic using two birus, maybe this show will be short episodes across continuity.
Like a whole season of Goku learning to drive.
#120  June 17, 2015, 10:55:36 pm
    • USA