YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 743753 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#2421  March 07, 2021, 01:05:09 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Oh, no, I'm not expecting it whatsoever.  That'd be too good to hope for.

I'm just saying it's the best outcome we could get if the remaining Smash DLC includes a Pokemon rep.

Also I don't particularly think they care much about number of reps per generation, as much as it would soothe our need to neatly categorize the roster like by needing one of each starter typing and such.  We have how many Kanto folks in here now?  Jigglypuff is legit there just for original anime season representation and Ultimate's rule of returning everyone.
Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 01:08:28 am by Long John Killer
#2422  March 07, 2021, 01:40:01 am
    • Brazil
I'm surprised they didn't bring a new Pokemon already. I mean, yeah, SwSh got a lot of backlash, but its not like people don't like many Pokemon from season 8. Since we have a solo water starter (Greninja) and a solo fire starter (Incineroar), we could have a solo grass starter in Rillaboom.
#2423  March 07, 2021, 01:42:47 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I honestly don't see any new Pokemon rep taking either final slot.  The DLCs so far can be more or less categorized into highly popular and iconic 3rd party guests (Steve, Terry, Banjo & Kazooie) or promotions for the biggest and most recent 1st party games Nintendo wants to promote (Byleth, Min Min, Pyra/Mythra).  The Sinnoh remakes might be big for Pokemon, but they're not necessarily a priority for Nintendo.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong.  Who knows?  I don't have a horse in this race anymore anyway.  My hopes and dreams already died alongside Travis Touchdown, so I'll just enjoy whatever the rest of the DLC ends up being regardless of who it is.
#2424  March 07, 2021, 01:56:50 am
    • Brazil
Travis Touchdown died?
#2425  March 07, 2021, 02:03:14 am
    • USA
Sacrificed to appease the Mii gods, sadly. 
#2426  March 07, 2021, 02:06:00 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Travis and Geno "aren't in Smash and dead" because they are simple Mii costumes.

Sans is in Smash because he's a Mii costume though.
#2427  March 07, 2021, 02:30:54 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Obviously its a joke. But Mii costumes pretty much deconfirm the characters in question. You can say the same for Sans and everyone else.
#2428  March 07, 2021, 03:44:37 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
If anything, I bet the final DLC fighter will be a swordfighter because Nintendo has the tendency to order Sakurai to put such in. There was a small talk he had and he reiterated once again that Nintendo is the one who has the say on who gets in Smash, not him. So if they want to put another sword user in, he has no choice but to comply.
Also, tbh, for a Pokemon rep, the best possibilities are either Rillaboom or Toxtricity. Rillaboom seem fitting and looks like a heavy hitting fighter and can use the sticks as weapons to beat the opponents down with while packing some punches and kicks to go along with it. Toxtricity have serious personality and they tend to either strike without warning in Amped's case or look down and goad at the opponent in Low Key's case. Also, utilizing electric sound based attacks (Overdrive) seem like it can fit. Downside is that if either one of them are accepted as a Smash fighter, they'll have low move speed.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 03:51:26 am by DarkWolf13
#2429  March 07, 2021, 03:48:13 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
if rillaboom gets in, i'll do a gorilla moment from disney's tarzan
#2430  March 07, 2021, 03:50:44 am
    • USA
If anything, I bet the final DLC fighter will be a swordfighter because Nintendo has the tendency to order Sakurai to put such in. There was a small talk he had and he reiterated once again that Nintendo is the one who has the say on who gets in Smash, not him. So if they want to put another sword user in, he has no choice but to comply.
All things being equal, I don't think that it's Nintendo's intention to include a lot of swordfighters in Smash because they're swordfighters.  It's more likely that Nintendo wants a lot of big recognizable characters in, and it just so happens that a lot of big recognizable characters are known for using swords
#2431  March 07, 2021, 04:01:40 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
We'll find out. I've yet to try Pyra/Mythra cuz $$$ issues and GameStop being difficult with their eshop cards/codes on receipt. They look pretty fun to play and I've been getting every DLC since the start... although I still don't like Steve...
#2432  March 07, 2021, 04:06:50 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Steve is as fun as Pyra to play :) and Ive never played Maincraft and Xenovable.
#2433  April 02, 2021, 04:34:52 pm
    • USA
#2434  April 05, 2021, 02:35:36 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Got 'em all. The big one was pretty easy with the 50% item.
#2435  April 05, 2021, 02:38:04 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i got em all 3 in just less than an hour
#2436  April 09, 2021, 11:29:06 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Question, do Scorpion and Subzero have oportunity to be in smash? did Sakurai say something about that?
#2437  April 09, 2021, 11:33:02 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I don't think so
#2438  April 10, 2021, 12:04:52 am
    • USA
Sakurai has never said anything specific about Mortal Kombat to my knowledge, but there's no reasonable reason to expect they have any sort of chance of getting in.  When you combine the fact that MK isn't published or sold in Japanese markets and how they'd have to strip away everything that makes an MK character an MK character for them to fit with the Smash Bros tone and rating, you'd wind up with a heavily watered-down version of a character that Eastern players wouldn't know or give a shit about and Western players would be disappointed in how they were represented.
#2439  April 10, 2021, 12:28:32 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I personally believe Shang Tsung would bring an interesting niche in gameplay with his soul copy feature.  In a way, it can be his Neutral B and if you can perfectly hit the opponent with this move, you gain full access to all of their features in a way Ditto does.  Beyond that, hmm.

you'd wind up with a heavily watered-down version of a character that Eastern players wouldn't know or give a shit about and Western players would be disappointed in how they were represented.
The ninjas are the most iconic figures in all of MK so they can get away with being watered down as long as their gameplay is innovative.  Although Scorpion might get hit the hardest due to his overall Hell theme compared to Sub-Zero, which you can get very creative and still maintain his MK features.  They can based Sub-Zero on both the OG Trilogy and Mythology and he can blend in just fine.  He can do the spine rip on the cameraman in his victory pose for all I know.  I mean Ridley eats or mauls a something off camera when he wins.
#2440  April 10, 2021, 12:32:21 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Eh, stripping down the MK characters isn't that big of an issue since they have already been watered down before with Scorp, Sub and Raiden in Injustice as well as MKvsDC. Everything else still applies