YesNoOk

Who Would You Like to See Get the SeanAltly Treatment? (Read 33213 times)

Started by davismaximus, October 30, 2013, 02:03:25 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Who Would You Like to See Get Sprited?

Batman (Batman)
23 (14.9%)
Booker DeWitt (Bioshock Infinite)
4 (2.6%)
Brock Samson (Venture Brothers)
8 (5.2%)
Bryan Fury (Tekken)
21 (13.6%)
Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
6 (3.9%)
Daryl Dixon (Walking Dead)
1 (0.6%)
Heisenberg (Breaking Bad)
8 (5.2%)
Jason Vorhees (Friday the 13th)
8 (5.2%)
Joel (The Last of Us)
6 (3.9%)
The Joker (Batman)
5 (3.2%)
Judge Dredd (Judge Dredd)
4 (2.6%)
Link (The Legend of Zelda)
16 (10.4%)
Lobo (Lobo)
3 (1.9%)
Randy Savage (WWF)
11 (7.1%)
Rocket Raccoon (Guardians of the Galaxy)
3 (1.9%)
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
21 (13.6%)
Super Skrull (Fantastic 4)
6 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Voting closed: November 13, 2013, 02:03:24 am

Re: Who Would You Like to See Get the SeanAltly Treatment?
#161  November 13, 2013, 01:47:03 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I think there's already quite a few Batman's out there. I would've loved to see Jason kick Mr.X's ass.
#162  November 13, 2013, 01:53:16 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
So Sean, what are your plans with Batman? Will he also be coded from scratch or will you just be making an SFF patch? Movelist Info? Etc.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#163  November 13, 2013, 02:55:27 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo...

But whatever. Batman is cool too. And from Sean said it would be a good contribution.

DW

#164  November 13, 2013, 05:42:33 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
First of all, I mean no offense to the spriter(s) who made Batman already (I assume when you guys mention the "good" or "pretty" spriteset you're referring to Alucard's), but the sprites that are out there look good individually, but are animated poorly. I have the most up to date version of Alucard's Batman and the cape is pillow shaded and is, frankly, badly animated. There are alignment and proportion issues everywhere and almost every existing animation needs 2-3 more frames to be genuinely fluid. On top of that, the spriteset I'll be making will be CVS-style, rather than the MVC-style Captain America/Cable/Cyclops edits that are out there. Everyone keeps saying that "Batman is out there/exists/has been made for Mugen already," but I've looked every one of those sprites over, attempting realignments and edits, and they just aren't that great.

Yeah... I hadn't looked over too many Batmans until recently. You're right, especially about Alucard's which is essentially an edit/revamp of Magus' Batman. It is better than what Magus initially did, but it's still lacking. Indeed I am looking forward to a more well defined Batman. You're also pretty much right about Davis probably should have just did what he wanted. I would have/already did in fact. Though I do admire his willingness to collaborate with the community. While I can understand the disappointment in one's choice not being the winner, I'd have to agree that the backlash of the results is in poor taste.

Even to the point where people are trying call for a revote, or pay off a few bucks for it, or w/e. It gives off a very selfish vibe. I didn't vote for Batman myself, but I'm not complaining about him winning either. It is what it is. Anyway, thanks Davis for your future contribution and for letting the people have a say so in it. As you didn't have to at all. With that in mind, what is your envisioned gameplay/system for Batman? Along with your preferred incarnation of him? Rajaa ripped Kevin Conroy's voices from AA/AC(?). So you have a nice, official voiceset to work as a possibility.
#165  November 13, 2013, 05:52:58 pm
Try 3.

No wait, 4?

Alucard, SPIDERBAT, Infinity, Cybaster?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Infinity's.

Spiderbat's (Stance changes with pal)

Alucard's

Alucard's gets way, way way way too much attention here. It's an edit full of stolen sprites and there's a good deal of speculation that Alucard and Magus were the same person. There are other Batmen that are sprited well too (Code might be another story). Spiderbat's Batman (found on CVG/Crusadercast) is one of my favorite characters in Mugen (though I have to admit I'm not fond of Alexziq's latest edits to it). Check it out. Please. D:
Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:56:28 pm by Snakebyte

DW

#166  November 13, 2013, 05:56:15 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Alucard's isn't showing for me.
#167  November 13, 2013, 06:06:23 pm
Yeah, Scruffy's images had an anti-direct-linking thing. I grabbed it from somewhere else and edited.
#168  November 13, 2013, 07:00:58 pm
  • Spriter-in-Training
  • Learning new ways to sprite
    • USA
    • Skype - altherprimus
Foiled again Jason xD

But seriously, I may not be the world's biggest fan of Batman, but I'm looking forward to what you do with him Mr. Altley, and who knows, maybe some of the others will get made some other time, no reason to rage, just sit back and wait for the next chance.  Good match Batman, good match.
Xan (on Skype) said:
Because fuck logic it's mugen

The reason I don't post more is because 1: I rarely have anything to say, and 2: I stink at saying it XP
#169  November 13, 2013, 07:15:45 pm
i voted batman, but i wouldn't have minded seeing any of the others win, except for bryan who i think is overrated, there are several tekken characters i like better. even though batman already has plenty of sprite sets, i voted batman because i wanted to see a real good spriteset for batman.
#170  November 13, 2013, 07:22:12 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
i voted batman, but i wouldn't have minded seeing any of the others win, except for bryan who i think is overrated, there are several tekken characters i like better. even though batman already has plenty of sprite sets, i voted batman because i wanted to see a real good spriteset for batman.

I couldn't agree more with you

#171  November 13, 2013, 07:25:45 pm
All those batmans have really, really, really bad animation and none of them look good at all whatsoever imo
#172  November 13, 2013, 08:11:20 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Bulky as hell
#173  November 13, 2013, 09:12:03 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

All those batmans have really, really, really bad animation and none of them look good at all whatsoever imo

Bulky as hell

Thank you. I've tried so hard to be polite, but this is exactly how I feel. So many creations for that particular section of the community have choppy, disproportionate animations and tons of alignment problems. That will not be an issue with mine.

Plus, as you can tell from the sample sprite, it will be CVS-style. We also don't plan on just copying the Injustice moveset, but there will be similarities. Obviously there's going to be batarangs and grappling guns, because, well, that's Batman, but it won't be a carbon copy.

Download Last Bout now!
#174  November 13, 2013, 09:22:30 pm
No need to be polite, I emphatically agree with you in general and just disagree in this particular instance.

I'm not speaking as a representative of any site or community or anything, just as a fan of that one Batman ._.
#175  November 13, 2013, 09:54:59 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Still you could just grab Cybaster´s, scale them, trace over them to convert them to CvS (mentioning this one cause using IMT/MMV to make something better turn them into a bunch of crybabies whining about credit). Oh well, I can always choose what to not look forward too.

Good luck with this anyways. I´m done.
Chilling

DW

#176  November 13, 2013, 10:15:05 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Plus, as you can tell from the sample sprite, it will be CVS-style. We also don't plan on just copying the Injustice moveset, but there will be similarities. Obviously there's going to be batarangs and grappling guns, because, well, that's Batman, but it won't be a carbon copy.

Where is that sample? Also, even if it were a copy of his Injustice version, it's not like that'd be a bad thing. Batman was a very well balanced char in that game. Honestly, I wouldn't stray too far from that path imo. What people want a char to do, and what's practical for said char to do in a FG setting, is two very different things. I trust you'll come up with a solid moveset for him though.
#177  November 13, 2013, 10:27:19 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Welp, that's all she wrote. Batman, Bryan and Spike were fighting it out pretty hard in the end.

Anyway, feast your eyes on the winner of this poll, the character so many of you wanted, whose sprites I will slave over that DavisMaximus has paid hard earned money for!

DW

#178  November 13, 2013, 10:29:34 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Oh lol @ Adam West bomb Batman. It got buried under all the backlash of Batman winning. Anyway, yup that's lookin' mighty good. Thanks for finding it QF.
#179  November 13, 2013, 10:41:43 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
You know with all those custom sprites they made for him, I was always surprised no one ever made a MK edition of Batman using the sprites from the awful SNES game (or WWF Wrestlemania the arcade game for that matter) That sprite of batman is a welcome improvement over the existing ones out there though, and I'm glad to see that he'll be getting a great looking spriteset from Sean for sure. I have to agree that the sprites from all the existing ones are all too beefy and look a bit odd.

Sean I don't know if those SNES sprites would be of any help as far as bases, but someone has ripped them, may serve as a good source for ideas outside of the Injustice, and MK vs DC stuff
Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:46:13 pm by C-G-U
#180  November 13, 2013, 10:47:31 pm
Shocked Bats won but interested to see what Sean does to make his stand out

For those complaining about him being too bulky, I think that's a nitpick. Batman in the Arkham games is just as built as Alucard's