YesNoOk

Character to share palette with clones (Read 2649 times)

Started by Shishisonson, June 22, 2020, 01:30:48 pm
Share this topic:
Character to share palette with clones
#1  June 22, 2020, 01:30:48 pm
    • France
Hello, I have a little problem, a characer i'm editing has 4 different palettes, I put a code in so the palette can be manually swapped in the intro with back and fwd, but the character has a move that creates a clone but the clone will always keep the first palette, this is the case for the D,DB.DB.A and the ultimate (x), I would please like to know how to remedy to that. Here's a link to download the character: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ims1ee3flyh4srq/FV.rar/file and below is a screenshot that shows the problem (the white outfit is palette #2 and the pink one is palette #1):

Thanks in advance!

Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 04:34:43 am by Shishisonson
Re: Character to share palette with clones
#2  June 22, 2020, 02:39:13 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
You need to change the palette for the clone as well.

Find the very first state that the helper goes into and use remappal from there.
#3  June 22, 2020, 03:54:41 pm
    • France
You need to change the palette for the clone as well.

Find the very first state that the helper goes into and use remappal from there.

Umm sorry I don't know what remappal is, the character has other moves with clones, but those clones do share the palette, it's just with these 2 precise moves
#4  June 22, 2020, 04:49:01 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Looking at the sff, although sprites apparently use the same palette, most of them are not using the shared option. Open sff in Fighter Factory and you will see "unique" in the left panel.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#5  June 22, 2020, 05:15:21 pm
    • France
Looking at the sff, although sprites apparently use the same palette, most of them are not using the shared option. Open sff in Fighter Factory and you will see "unique" in the left panel.

Hmm i'm not sure what this unique thing is, or what I'm suppose to do to fix my problem, this is how my left panel is just in case:

#6  June 22, 2020, 05:57:35 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
I thought it might be a problem with the sprites because although your screenshot shows an alternative palette (white), I tested the character here and no other palette worked. I downgraded the sprites to test on MUGEN 1.0, and even the edited sff and the other palettes working on Fighter Factory, they just don't work on MUGEN.
I hope some coder can help you.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#7  June 22, 2020, 06:18:13 pm
    • France
I thought it might be a problem with the sprites because although your screenshot shows an alternative palette (white), I tested the character here and no other palette worked. I downgraded the sprites to test on MUGEN 1.0, and even the edited sff and the other palettes working on Fighter Factory, they just don't work on MUGEN.
I hope some coder can help you.

Thanks, also as I said the palette can be manually swapped during the intro with right and left, you can't change them otherwise.
#8  June 22, 2020, 06:42:48 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
Ah, I missed that line. Anyway, after I changed the palette I could see that I fixed the problem in MUGEN 1.0, IKEMEN.

The issue was really with the sprites but MUGEN 1.1 still has the same problem. There are some linked sprites causing that, after I re-added them, the problem was solved.

Did you play the new
Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 06:50:26 pm by Rurouni
#9  June 22, 2020, 06:52:32 pm
    • France
Ah, I missed that line. Anyway, after I changed the palette I could see that I fixed the problem in MUGEN 1.0, IKEMEN.

The issue was really with the sprites but MUGEN 1.1 still has the same problem. There are some linked sprites causing that, after I re-added them, the problem was solved.

Oh I see, so it only got fixed in 1.0? I hope it can be fixed in 1.1 with some codes, thanks anyway.
#10  July 05, 2020, 07:41:01 am
    • France
Update: I found out the last few frames of the ultimate do have the right palette, if it can serve as a hint as to how to fix this problem

#11  July 22, 2020, 04:34:25 am
    • France
Update: My problem has been fixed, the problem was indeed in the RemapPal (and not in the sprite themselves), one code in the .cns file fixed it, thanks everyone regardless.