YesNoOk

CvS2 Carol, Goeniko, Mina, Iroha release!!!!!!!!!! =] (Read 26373 times)

Started by extravagant, July 04, 2020, 09:39:30 am
Share this topic:
CvS2 Carol, Goeniko, Mina, Iroha release!!!!!!!!!! =]
#1  July 04, 2020, 09:39:30 am
    • USA
At long last, it's been a long journey. I started on these projects roughly around last year. I dont know crap about coding, and really was desperately looking for help at whatever opportunity I could get. I was more a player than creator, but the player in me just wanted to create. So I had to do a lot of things to make this work.

Please help my YouTube channel grow and follow my works

CvS2 Mina Majikina - Special thanks to VioFitz, without you this wouldn't be possible. You have been a phenomenal friend and I have been blessed to have built such a great friendship with you over the last 10 years. I am so grateful for you. This character is dedicated to your efforts, as I didn't want this spritesheet that you made on your own, go to waste. For this character, I literally had to crop every single frame (600+ frames), index every single frame one by one, and then "guess the alignment" for every single frame in the SFF. That was 10 years ago, until recently I pulled out a spritesheet with alignment and properly aligned her this time, following Kong's spritesheet that had alignment. After aligning, I color separated the entire spritesheet, which was a very difficult thing to do, and I had no idea what I was doing. I give credit to KOFHERO77 for showing me how to use FF3, how to color separate, and making optimized palettes for me. However, after CS'ing the ENTIRE sff once, I realized I accidentally erased an important color of her hair. By doing that, I remove an important shading in her hair, so if you compare with my previous beta release, she had only 3 shaded colors. I had do redo the ENTIRE thing again, all 600 sprites, this time properly made. Yes, it was a long process but all worth it. Aside from that, I hi-res'd all her original fx from Samurai Showdown. This character took 10 years to make because I had no idea WTF I was doing, and then somewhere in the middle of it I had a hard drive crash that demotivated me for like 5 years.

CvS2 Iroha - Special thanks to IsRageNeko/ZombieNeko for making the amazing color separation, she looks SO much better with the color separation, I gotta give credit to him, which allowed Nedflanders to make some nice palettes for me as well. Special thanks to VioFitz once again for making additional sprites for me to work with for the CvS2 required frames. Special thanks to KOFHERO77 for making an optimized palette for this project.

CvS2 Carol - Special thanks to VioFitz for making additional CvS2 required sprites for Carol. Seriously, without VioFitz I don't think any of this would be possible. Special thanks to KOFHERO77 for making an optimized palette for Carol as well, so that I could color separate a couple things. Very special thanks to Jmorphman who helped me a lot during this phase. I started on Carol in December 2019, I just really thought she was really cool and different from the SNK cast, and seeing her in CvS2 style would be cool. Jmorphman helped me a lot during this time as I had no idea what I was doing on some stuff, especially interpreting Fervicante's code. Special thanks to IKEISLEGEND for helping me with additional coding in the beginning. Special thanks to Fervicante for the template that I used as a base to convert to CvS2 style.

CvS2 Carol w/ dampir CvS SFF style patch Thank you Dampir!!!!!

CvS2 Goeniko - Special thanks to VioFitz once again, for making additional sprites for me. (I'm so blessed, seriously) A few custom sprites were made for this one, such as Genocide Cutter is used for one of her supers, to pay more homage to Rugal's original Genocide Cutter style.  Special thanks to Jmorphman as well, he helped me a lot. Although I bugged Jmorphman for help mostly during the Iroha & Carol phase, all the stuff that Jmorphman taught me really solidified my foundation of understanding Mugen's quirks. I'm really slow, really not that talented. Hi-RES fx borrowed from vyn's Rugal, and varo_hades Goenitz patch (the one with the hi-res effects). Special thanks to "22b" and "Precious" and "the guy who made" Cal-Sp (Cal Devens) as these 3 sources I mainly drew inspiration and the templates from to make my own character out of this.

Huge additional thanks: Warusaki3, Jesuszilla, and kamekaze (Without warusaki3, none of this would be possible too)
Once again, thank you: VioFitz, Jmorphman, KOFHERO77, Nep Heart, IsRageNeko/ZombieNeko

No pictures sorry, I was lazy lol. But please, upload some cool screenshots if you can!
Also, looking for anyone wanted to make some more palettes. I notice many people making palettes for other people, I would greatly appreciate it if some of the creative bunch of you would make additional palettes too, and share a screenshot! thanks and I have you enjoy it them. Happy July 4th!!!

Did you visit my other release thread yet???? Warusaki3's Updated CvS2 Characters!!! Release thread

If you download my characters, please leave a comment and some feedback, thank you!
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 02:38:57 am by extravagant
Re: CvS2 Carol, Goeniko, Mina, Iroha release!!!!!!!!!! =]
#2  July 04, 2020, 11:27:01 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Wohoo!
Good news!

your older characters are updated? glad to see Carol is completed!
thanks for your work!
#3  July 04, 2020, 02:28:26 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
Getting this error with carol

Library error message: Died parsing command = "rainbowE" || Command = "rainbowE"

Error detected.

Undefined command label: "command".
If not misspelling in CNS, check CMD
Error parsing trigger1, 1
Error parsing [State -2, Combo]
Error in [Statedef 1201]
Error in cvscarol.cns:6518
Character mugenversion is older than this version of M.U.G.E.N.
Error loading chars/cvscarol/cvscarol.def
Error loading p2

Getting this error on Mina

Library error message: Died parsing (P2Name = "Raiden" || P4Name = "Raiden") && EnemyNear,AuthorName = "HE

Error detected.

Error parsing trigger25, 1
Error parsing [State -2, 3]
Error in [Statedef 190]
Error in Constants.cns:1076
Character mugenversion is older than this version of M.U.G.E.N.
Error loading chars/cvsmina/cvsmina.def
Error loading p1
Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 03:59:06 pm by YugaCurry
#4  July 04, 2020, 04:20:20 pm
    • USA
What Mugen version are you using? I actually haven't tested in 1.1 yet
#5  July 04, 2020, 04:32:13 pm
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
soo you finally released them huh?? well done
HIDDEN BOSS
#6  July 04, 2020, 05:45:12 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
I only tested Goeniko, so:
-I noticed that she doesn't have a taunt and, if I do DF+MK she goes forward and does nothing, this returns an error in debug.
-Doesn't she have too much exclusive lvl3s? I would turn one of her Goenitz related supers into a normal super(those with lvl1,lvl2 and lvl3).
-Her 2xqcb+P will miss most of it's hits on diferent characters, regardeless of the distance.
#7  July 04, 2020, 05:50:38 pm
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300
Screenshots please

Homina Homina Homina
#8  July 04, 2020, 06:07:32 pm
    • USA
I only tested Goeniko, so:
-I noticed that she doesn't have a taunt and, if I do DF+MK she goes forward and does nothing, this returns an error in debug.
-Doesn't she have too much exclusive lvl3s? I would turn one of her Goenitz related supers into a normal super(those with lvl1,lvl2 and lvl3).
-Her 2xqcb+P will miss most of it's hits on diferent characters, regardeless of the distance.

Thanks, I knew I forgot something. I'll fix that after more bugs and glitches are reported. For now you can go into her command, type CTRL+F, and search "value = 500" which is where the ChangeState for F+MK, and just disable it or delete it.

She has two supers that are viable for lvl 1 and 2, which is her genocide cutter supers. She has two different kinds, that she absorbed from Rugal. The CvS2 kind of the other KOF kind.

Her projectile super is meant to be connected after you throw P2 into the corner, do the super right away, it'll connect into a combo. It's kind of cheap, so I had to nerf it a little bit to be "connected" with something else. I will look into making it more functional in the next update. thanks!
Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:16:25 pm by extravagant
#9  July 04, 2020, 06:22:37 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Please add screenshots
#10  July 04, 2020, 06:25:38 pm
    • Brazil
with some adjustments the dampir sprites work on your carol

#11  July 04, 2020, 06:28:34 pm
    • USA
with some adjustments the dampir sprites work on your carol

dampir is working on the CvS2 sprite patch right now, no need. He's literally working on it right now. but thank you. :) if you want, please post some cool screenshots if you can lol
#12  July 04, 2020, 06:30:58 pm
    • Brazil
it will be a pleasure, I love your work
#13  July 04, 2020, 06:39:33 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Sent you screens via PM Extravagant. All that stuff is really amazing but i have a little feedback for Carol.
- She have a slight sprite issue on these intros.
https://streamable.com/ebjorx
https://streamable.com/gct3zt

Congrats for the great release!

EDIT: Mina's screen at first post doesn't show up. Oh it got fixed already lol :v
Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 08:02:21 pm by 【MFG】gui0007
#14  July 04, 2020, 07:59:38 pm
    • USA
Sent you screens via PM Extravagant. All that stuff is really amazing but i have a little feedback for Carol.
- She have a slight sprite issue on these intros.
https://streamable.com/ebjorx
https://streamable.com/gct3zt

Congrats for the great release!

EDIT: Mina's screen at first post doesn't show up. :v

Ah yes, Carol's intro. I think I deleted some sprites last night that was using her anim, and that's why it is missing. I will fix that in the next update, thank you my friend.
#15  July 04, 2020, 08:02:44 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Ah yes, Carol's intro. I think I deleted some sprites last night that was using her anim, and that's why it is missing. I will fix that in the next update, thank you my friend.

No prob. ;)
And i have a proper portrait for Goeniko. From Jin's Reas.
#16  July 04, 2020, 08:10:32 pm
    • USA
Wohoo!
Good news!

your older characters are updated? glad to see Carol is completed!
thanks for your work!

Thank you for those awesome Iroha palettes my friend.

No prob. ;)
And i have a proper portrait for Goeniko. From Jin's Reas.

Yeah, I forgot to change her portrait. She still has her Cal-SP portrait, lol. I wish I could find some art that looks closely in style to Kinu Nishimura's art style of Shinkiro's art style. Let me know if you ever seen anything like that.

edit: dampir just finished a making a patch for his CvS2 spritesheet edit, I will make some adjustments and post this version soon.
Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 08:30:48 pm by extravagant
#17  July 04, 2020, 08:43:05 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#18  July 04, 2020, 08:53:24 pm
    • USA
For Carol!

#19  July 04, 2020, 09:01:24 pm
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
Glad to see that you finally release all your characters, I was excited while waiting for your Goeniko and Carol! :D
#20  July 04, 2020, 10:22:15 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
For Carol!

Oh, yes, this one of course!
So, he added the new animations as well, good!
And this one is one of my palette if I remember well (a suggestion for default pal variation) Glad to see it can be used in your version of her!