YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17338566 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#181  July 19, 2015, 04:29:50 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Actually, I was judging from their use of Superman from multiple time frames and storylines in their fact check at the end to mean it was another composite deal, so I'm not sure that part matters too much in this case.

...Though I suppose that's another issue to take with Screwattack.
#182  July 19, 2015, 04:30:25 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#183  July 19, 2015, 04:35:36 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Actually, I was judging from their use of Superman from multiple time frames and storylines in their fact check at the end to mean it was another composite deal, so I'm not sure that part matters too much in this case.

...Though I suppose that's another issue to take with Screwattack.

Except that IS a problem with judging characters correctly. No one counts Composites or Non-canon feats simply because they aren't what the character can truly do(This is one of the major reasons everyone hated Kirby vs. Majin Buu(Kirby got powerups and everything from multiple media and OVAs, including the very feat they love lauding Kirby can do as well as other blatant misinformation.) and gets annoying in other fights(Toph vs. Gaara in which Toph has her young version look yet has feats from her old granny self and Link vs. Cloud where Link is counted as every single version of Link in all his games).

It makes it utterly impossible for it to be a true fight between a character at their maximum potential when they can pull random things from other media that isn't even remotely possible for the character in canon or never proven they can do.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#184  July 19, 2015, 04:42:55 am
pull random things from other media that isn't even remotely possible for the character in canon or never proven they can do.
Which is the whole problem with Superman. People keep talking about limitless potential compared to Goku having limits he needs to break, but the fact of the matter is that we've never seen any limit to Superman's powers because he's never been involved in stuff on that scale. The only thing you should be able to say is, given what we have seen he should or not be able to do this or that. Reasonable extrapolation *based on* what has been seen is the very best you can do.
And then I think the Dragon Ball cast has long passed any human concept of limits in term of destructive power anyway. They could blow up planets in the freaking Saiyan Saga. Fuck that, Muten Roshi destroyed the goddamn Moon with a Kamehameha in the Dragon Ball Saga. I think Superman is way behind in raw numbers.

... Blowing up the Earth and blowing past the speed of light is so "chapter 5 out of 783" level of power.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 04:52:46 am by DKDC
#185  July 19, 2015, 04:52:24 am
    • USA
I meant that more in response to Byakko that they used New 52 Supes' design, one would presume they were using, well, New 52.  Which would appear to not be the case, so it doesn't matter what New 52 can do.  Which I agree with you, is wrong.

Oh well.  Maybe after the next one, they'll have more interesting combatants.

Spoiler: Personally? (click to see content)
#186  July 19, 2015, 04:55:09 am
one would presume they were using, well, New 52.  Which would appear to not be the case
Did they say anything specific in this one ? Because I'm pretty sure they were stopping at N52 in the first one, ignoring everything before the last big Crisis thingy. Again, specifically because Golden/Silver Age Superman was too crazy, being able to sneeze away solar systems (that's so crazy guys).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

lui

#187  July 19, 2015, 04:56:24 am
    • USA
well he does have his nu52 appearance in the trailer, so.
#188  July 19, 2015, 05:01:18 am
    • USA
That.  They didn't say anything limiting them to just it, so one could presume from the trailers alone they were using the newest forms of both combatants, and one would also presume they wouldn't be mixing and matching Superman again because that was half the issue the first time.

Plus the beginning of this one they talked about the new forms specifically.

lui

#189  July 19, 2015, 05:15:22 am
    • USA
#190  July 19, 2015, 05:16:18 am
Oh wow, I tried checking out some comments to see how they went about it, and
Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:20:00 am by DKDC

lui

#191  July 19, 2015, 05:19:51 am
    • USA
thats fans for you, they never can admit that there are scenario's in which both parties can lose and just bash the other party, its stupid really.
#192  July 19, 2015, 05:22:26 am
    • USA

lui

#193  July 19, 2015, 05:25:44 am
    • USA
i meant for goku.
#194  July 19, 2015, 05:34:03 am
  • The Goddess Returns
pull random things from other media that isn't even remotely possible for the character in canon or never proven they can do.
Which is the whole problem with Superman. People keep talking about limitless potential compared to Goku having limits he needs to break, but the fact of the matter is that we've never seen any limit to Superman's powers because he's never been involved in stuff on that scale. The only thing you should be able to say is, given what we have seen he should or not be able to do this or that. Reasonable extrapolation *based on* what has been seen is the very best you can do.
And then I think the Dragon Ball cast has long passed any human concept of limits in term of destructive power anyway. They could blow up planets in the freaking Saiyan Saga. Fuck that, Muten Roshi destroyed the goddamn Moon with a Kamehameha in the Dragon Ball Saga. I think Superman is way behind in raw numbers.

... Blowing up the Earth and blowing past the speed of light is so "chapter 5 out of 783" level of power.

Basically. Superman is basically a massive anomaly only because people at this point have given him the Wolverine effect(basically making the character FAR more powerful because they are fans/believe he's more powerful than they believe because nostalgia blindness). And the fact that DB continuously believe that Superman is a man with no limits just makes it borderline insulting when this:

Is one of the most popular pictures to SHOW Superman has limits, that he is NOT God.

I meant that more in response to Byakko that they used New 52 Supes' design, one would presume they were using, well, New 52.  Which would appear to not be the case, so it doesn't matter what New 52 can do.  Which I agree with you, is wrong.

Oh well.  Maybe after the next one, they'll have more interesting combatants.

Spoiler: Personally? (click to see content)

You wanna know the absolute worst part:

#195  July 19, 2015, 05:43:58 am
    • USA

But man, that last spoiler just makes me sad now.
#196  July 19, 2015, 05:54:05 am
  • The Goddess Returns

But man, that last spoiler just makes me sad now.

#197  July 19, 2015, 05:59:09 am
  • The Man Without The Plan
    • USA
I don't let this bother me to be honest.
#198  July 19, 2015, 06:07:41 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I don't let this bother me to be honest.

Same for me:

#199  July 19, 2015, 06:18:34 am
    • USA
At this point, it's more interesting to discuss possible matches personally.

Spoiler: And waste time making these posters (click to see content)
#200  July 19, 2015, 06:23:27 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Urgh and this is why I only have such debates about who would win agaisnt who with Nasuverse characters. This battle was even more biaised than the previous one.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States