YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread (Read 1004638 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:50:12 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread
#1301  January 20, 2013, 09:29:56 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
HEIDENS! BARBARIANS! NARROW-MINDED NITWITS!!!
bah...they totally have CPS3-ish colors... :disappointed:
Well I'm not removing them  :veryangry: !
But I'll refreign from posting my 'almost CPS3' sprites here in the future, and put them in my own thread only.
#1302  January 20, 2013, 09:40:01 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#1303  January 20, 2013, 10:41:45 am
    • Netherlands
A person who is not religious (at least in the old days, or the bible days..not that that's a thing) was concidered a heiden.
#1304  January 20, 2013, 12:16:26 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
My Gawd...a flamewar is finished...AND I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE X_X!!!

Well, finished Adon, + added some colours...SF-1, SFZ and SF4.

And just because I was bored:

Have a nice day!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#1305  January 20, 2013, 01:37:54 pm
    • Netherlands
It's brilliant :)! But I think the SF 1 one's hair should be redder. Other then that it's flawless, the SF 4 colors are especially nice :)
#1306  January 20, 2013, 02:06:22 pm
  • Fighting is my nature.
    • i_am_shakespeare@hotmail.co.uk

i edited poison to have a bit of higher resolution on the tanktop and hair. WIP.
i s*** you not, this was done pixel-by-pixel and every pixel's color was chosen by averaging the two/four (not 8) colors surrounding it (using notepad and calculator) and i intend to do the rest of the sprite.
i think it looks a bit blurred here and there rather than being higher in resolution, but i'm just experimenting. what do you think?

a taste of the process:
"Improvise. adapt. overcome."
#1307  January 20, 2013, 03:14:13 pm
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
Hm. I think the Adon sprite has some readability issues. The skintones have a real lack of contrast, outside of the darkest shade used for outlines, and the issue is compounded by the fact that his skin, hair, arm tassles and headband all use very similar colours. Another thing I don't really understand is the dark, heavily anti-aliased outlines for his arm wrapping on the sides where the light should be hitting. Especially with the secondary light source his wrappings look more like chrome than fabric.

Couln't help making a quick edit to illustrate my points, hope you don't mind. I didn't redraw anything except the wrappings, just tweaked the pallete to increase contrast and readability.

Also, I'm no expert in SF3 style shading, but I think to really capture the style, your colours (skintone in particular) needs darker shades that are not affected by the secondary light-source. IE dark, "non-purple" tones. While the secondary light generally illuminates the character in parts that are not lit by the primary light source, there are parts that should not really be lit by either light source. Maybe they're more midtones than actual dark tones, but still, just based on my (admittedly limited) experience handling/editing/drawing SF3 sprites I feel there were a few tones I was missing. Might be worth looking into.

With all that said, excellent job on the sprite. :)
#1308  January 20, 2013, 05:18:44 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#1309  January 25, 2013, 12:47:47 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
- Jigsaw: Thanks for those :D. I know the skin tones lacks in contrast, but those colours were taken from Yang, since it was(IMHO) the best colour scheme for Adon. And i'm not superskilled in Photoshop/whatever program to creating my own colours...I'm terrible making the choices :/. Tassles, headband and hair are a complete mistake by me ^_^!
About the arm...really noticed it now. I don't know why I haven't changed those, since after outlining and adding 3 colours I use to remove the darkest tones. It seems I forgot those @_@. Thanks for the comment, I'll take that for next SF3 sprites :).

- Balthazar: Written! I'll change that hair ;)!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#1310  February 02, 2013, 05:40:30 pm

Helena Harper from the mess that was RE6

Does anyone know how to better do the shotgun blast?
CHANGE PLACES!!!!
#1311  February 02, 2013, 06:51:02 pm
    • Netherlands
I don't think you've to shade blood that much. Personally I would do just 1 flat color and have it nicely animated :P
#1312  February 03, 2013, 01:29:07 am
hmmm good point, I wish i was good at animations, I originally kind of wanted to do something like that  :(

Asura
CHANGE PLACES!!!!
#1313  February 03, 2013, 04:59:07 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
wow really nice man
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1314  February 03, 2013, 09:23:10 am
    • Netherlands
Yes, awesome Asura. Can't really see anything wrong with them.
The only this is, personally I would have added more dark colors along the edges of his arms (where he has 6 of them and they overlap eachother; to make them pop out a little bit more and not 'blend together' as much).
#1315  February 03, 2013, 06:34:26 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Gorgeous Asura, dude! For some reason I especially like the middle one. The colour choices are incredible! :)
#1316  February 24, 2013, 12:32:24 pm
Does this count as a CPS3 sprite?

If not I'm sorry.
#1317  February 24, 2013, 05:50:53 pm
    • Netherlands
It's not;  I was bashed for the same reason (the ones I posted last were out of scale as well, even if using SF3 color palettes and proportions).
#1318  February 24, 2013, 08:00:24 pm
    • 1tone.deviantart.com
It's not;  I was bashed for the same reason (the ones I posted last were out of scale as well, even if using SF3 color palettes and proportions).

I wasn't trying to bash you, sir. I just said something because you even know yourself that you are posting random sprites in this thread (My reason saying this is because you refer to them as being "CPS3-ish" and to go even further you even admit by saying, "I guess these actually aren't SF3 sprites") Not trying to sound like a moderator of any sort but submitting random sprites in theme threads causes confusion later on in time. If you keep so it will make other users feel that it's ok and thus the theme thread will be full of random different styles/sprites. A prime example is:
Does this count as a CPS3 sprite?

If not I'm sorry.

Try not to be of the 90%.
#1319  February 24, 2013, 09:15:59 pm
    • Netherlands
Yeah I know it wasn't honest bashing, I was actually very light-hearted about it, but I thought some people would see the humour in my reply (mostly JMorphman). So no harm taken and no trying to harm here.
#1320  February 24, 2013, 10:27:52 pm
That's not an example :P, and also I was unsure whether to put it or not. That's why I asked. :)

Prime example of confusion that may arise.
I meant it wasn't because Balthazar posted his sprites and thought "hey, I'll do it because he did it".
I thought "I edited a SFIII sprite into Hi res, so maybe it still remains as SFIII", but I know now that I don't have to do it again.

Yes, I tend to edit my posts even after a while... Next time I'll tag the one I'm talking to...
Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:17:42 pm by G.o.D.