YesNoOk

Joey The Tricky (Self-insert) Released! (Read 3574 times)

Started by Joey S., November 28, 2020, 06:21:24 am
Share this topic:
Joey The Tricky (Self-insert) Released!
#1  November 28, 2020, 06:21:24 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
It's been a while, but I'm ready to release one of my most ambitious MUGEN characters to date: myself! I know there will probably be more ambitious things I'll do, but I might as well get the idea out of the way.

Decided to do an Arcade run this time, just to see how well I match up with other familiar faces. Hope you enjoy... me?

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17ZPGk-AqUBZ_I_u7noqbgqwpAxr8gznX/view?usp=sharing
Re: Joey The Tricky (Self-insert) Released!
#2  November 28, 2020, 09:16:20 pm
    • USA
    • https://jthesaltyy.wixsite.com/jthesaltyymugen
here's some feedback i'd like to give

1. the achievements move when the screen moves, which is the result of not using postype = back for the explods of the achievements.
2. i believe you forgot to use a screenbound on P2 since, on stages that have high ceilings, this happens when you finish with the "Come Back Shane" super: https://streamable.com/2gtvls
3. this one doesn't really count as feedback, and this gravitates more towards my own opinion, but i wish that he did have some form of A.I.
4. also not really feedback, but for half circle commands, it's optimal to use $D instead of DB, D, DF or DF, D, DB. It makes the command motion much more consistent and fluent, which is helpful since in the Dawn palette, the QCB+HCF command can be performed much more consistently for most people if the command change is applied.
#3  November 29, 2020, 12:05:07 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Sweet Feedback for ya (as of now):

1. The readme is wrong. its displays as Oliver as Latias. (also spoilers on his movelist. LEL :V)
2. if timed right, hitting Joeys (or yours :P) uno card will create a clone of himself.
3. a few achievments such as F*ck why this appears more than one time. (unless that was intentional)

liking it so far, pretty neat how you input an achievment system. I know this might sound stupid, but will there be a prize if you get all achievements? XD
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:49:55 am by Vocalnoid
#4  November 30, 2020, 12:43:15 am
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
1. The readme is wrong. its displays as Oliver as Latias. (also spoilers on his movelist. LEL :V)
2. if timed right, hitting Joeys (or yours :P) uno card will create a clone of himself.
3. a few achievments such as F*ck why this appears more than one time. (unless that was intentional)
1) Man, guess I should stop accidently overwriting readmes for other characters I'm making BEFORE I release them. Fixed.
2) Classic, seeing how I didn't set a hitoverride for the cards like a massive bimbo. Fixed.
3) That's just me making a typo with parent,var(1). As far as I know, that achievement is the only one that appeared twice. Fixed until futher notice, I guess.

(and no there is no prize if you get them all because it's impossible to do so in a single match lmao)

1. the achievements move when the screen moves, which is the result of not using postype = back for the explods of the achievements.
2. i believe you forgot to use a screenbound on P2 since, on stages that have high ceilings, this happens when you finish with the "Come Back Shane" super: https://streamable.com/2gtvls
3. this one doesn't really count as feedback, and this gravitates more towards my own opinion, but i wish that he did have some form of A.I.
4. also not really feedback, but for half circle commands, it's optimal to use $D instead of DB, D, DF or DF, D, DB. It makes the command motion much more consistent and fluent, which is helpful since in the Dawn palette, the QCB+HCF command can be performed much more consistently for most people if the command change is applied.
1) Huh, guess postypes Left and Right aren't as useful as I initially thought. Fixed.
2) I did set a screenbound, but the main problem is with the special winpose not triggering at all. I should mention that this bug is already fixed.
3) I intentionally chose not to. There's already a lot I put into this character and I feel that my self-insert's best to be played as. Remember, I don't mind people editing my stuff so feel free to make an AI patch if you're inclined to do so.
4) Damn dude you're right. It does feel way smoother. Done.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Much appreciated. :D