YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17363372 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2501  April 01, 2021, 07:44:53 pm
    • Brazil
Batman won against Captain America.
#2502  April 01, 2021, 11:21:57 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
And Nightwing beat Daredevil.  And Aquaman beat Namor.  And Shazam beat Captain Marvel.  And Wonder Woman beat Thor.  And Booster Gold beat Cable.  And Batman Beyond beat Spiderman 2099.  And Static Shock beat Miles Morales.  And Doctor Fate beat Doctor Strange.

And that's just limiting it to DC vs Marvel matchups.  Green Lantern vs Ben 10, Flash vs Sonic, Black Canary vs Sindel, Joker vs Sweet Tooth, and Raven vs Twilight Sparkle all went in DC's favor too.  It's insane to suggest they're biased against DC when it's actually exceedingly rare that a DC character doesn't win in Death Battle.
#2503  April 02, 2021, 12:11:49 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
To be fair, the Flash/Archie Sonic one they just threw their hands up in the air and figured neither could win with how Speed Force and Chaos work so give it to the one with the more known unlimited D.C. universes over Archie's less numerous unlimited universes, so Speed Force should be bigger.  Because yeah, that's how that works.  That was less D.C. bias, more "Both characters' super power is the power to instantly win regardless of circumstance, just flip a coin".

Sure they finagled around with some other reasons tacked on, both their speeds are unlimited but Flash's would be....."unlimited-er" if he touches Sonic.  But that one ultimately boiled down to which was the bigger omnipresent power, and neither was lesser so they just went with the one with the most pages of evidence existing.
#2504  April 02, 2021, 12:42:44 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
One of those rare losses for DC Comics in Death Battle was done by Lex Luthor when he took on Iron Man.

I feel that Doom's superior magic abilities will be more then enough to overpower Lex's war suit. Magic isn't something Lex has dabbled in (despite it being a weakness for Superman), so I feel that will play a huge role in Doom's victory here.
#2505  April 02, 2021, 05:12:50 am
    • Mexico
don't worry they are marvel biased doom will win for sure. the only dc character who have won in db is superman and darkseid.

I don't think we've been watching the same internet show.
#2506  April 05, 2021, 07:47:18 pm
    • USA
The latest Death Battle is now out for everyone to enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXYVQfmYhPk

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2507  April 05, 2021, 08:19:02 pm
    • USA
Eh.  General idea was right, some odd choices is all.  So yeah, they gave Lex the defense of Hal Jordon by relation to Larfleeze, so there wasn't a think Doom could do physically to hurt Lex but it just didn't matter in the end due to what Doom won with.  And odd they bring up Doom's siphon as a big deal, while in the fight itself even after Doom siphons the Motherbox, Lex beats him down regardless.  It came down to Doom can swap minds and Lex can't counter that.  Meh, I guess that works but kind of a dropped ball ending.

I don't quite get the next one.  This season is all episodes that have a long history with Death Battle.  I....don't believe I have ever heard Heihatchi versus Geese Howard being demanded.  I guess it's nice to have Tekken get a second showing, been a while since anything SNK as well.  Don't have a dog in that race though.
#2508  April 05, 2021, 09:05:13 pm
  • Was it something I said?
I guess they just wanted to give Lex some kind of advantage, or Doom was just messing with him at the end. Either way, was rooting for Doom. Glad he took the win.

I honestly thought for a second they were going to do Yamazaki vs Bryan, but hey. Rematch from One Minute Melee, probably without Kuma being a tag team partner this time. I'm pretty sure Heihachi's gonna win generally because of his survival from Tekken 5's opening. Geese, possible survival from falling off buildings, is a thing, but I don't think has survived any explosions. And they probably want Tekken to have one win on their belt.
#2509  April 05, 2021, 11:12:26 pm
    • USA
I guess they just wanted to give Lex some kind of advantage, or Doom was just messing with him at the end. Either way, was rooting for Doom. Glad he took the win.

I honestly thought for a second they were going to do Yamazaki vs Bryan, but hey. Rematch from One Minute Melee, probably without Kuma being a tag team partner this time. I'm pretty sure Heihachi's gonna win generally because of his survival from Tekken 5's opening. Geese, possible survival from falling off buildings, is a thing, but I don't think has survived any explosions. And they probably want Tekken to have one win on their belt.

I'm all for that battle, but (and correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't Yamazaki have some part of Orochi in him or something to that effect? Bryan would have the strength advantage due to him being a rebuilt cyborg for all intents and purposes.. Hmm.

As for the next battle: I think it might be fun to see these fighting titans of business square off in an arena that mostly neutral ground. Heihachi being able to survive the Hon-Maru explosion is probably a far more crazier feat then Geese getting tossed off his tower on two separate occasions.
#2510  April 06, 2021, 12:12:16 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Eh.  General idea was right, some odd choices is all.  So yeah, they gave Lex the defense of Hal Jordon by relation to Larfleeze, so there wasn't a think Doom could do physically to hurt Lex but it just didn't matter in the end due to what Doom won with. 

To be fair, the mental gymnastics of "Lex Luthor is singlehandedly as powerful as the entire Green Lantern Corp. because he fought against Larfleeze one time" was never going to stand up to any kind of scrutiny.
#2511  April 06, 2021, 12:20:28 am
    • USA
Hey, I'm not gonna say they're right with their research.  I disagree with the majority of their episodes, full stop, it's just usually also still a fun show.  I just also was trying to approach it from how they would present it, and seeing they're all in on the Ben 10/Green Lantern episode being accurate and they went out of their way to directly compare the two.
#2512  April 06, 2021, 03:39:26 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I don't believe Geese has any shot against Heihachi.  Just from the top of my head:

~Heihachi has decades worth of martial arts experience, way more than what Geese has.

~Has insane amounts of durability.  The Honmaru explosion only placed him in a temporary coma and still came out like nothing happened.  The closest for Geese's height would be the ending to the first Tekken where Heihachi was thrown off a cliff by Kazuya.  He walked like normal the following day.  And don't get me started on the lasers.

~Even shown to not be fazed by harsh environments like the volcano in T7 and Antarctica in SFxT all while wearing his karate gi.

~Is able to keep up with Kazuya and Jin simultaneously in Blood Vengeance in a crumbling building.  Has there ever been a moment where Geese brushes off the Bogards at full potential?  I don't believe Andy is up there with Jin. 

~His attack strength knocks out multiple Jack-4 robots all while feeling fatigue from his earlier battle at the end of Tekken 4.  So he can go for a very long time.  Also his headbutts can repeatedly destroy a Jack-5 and still gets hotblooded.

~His full power Rage Art is enough to negate Devil Kazuya's powers, who was then later shown to keep up with Shin Akuma, who could very well be on par with Nightmare Geese.

~While not canon tho it'll be funny if they somehow weasel this one in, Heihachi has access to the youth serum, which once taken turns him into a temporary appearence of his prime years, giving him a boost in power and agility, so he states, but would need to continuously digest the serum.

Honestly, just his durability feats alone makes him too much for Geese unless he did something similar.
Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 05:46:36 am by Kirishima
#2513  April 06, 2021, 04:08:02 am
    • Brazil
Honestly, you just listed Heihachi feats without saying any actual reason why he would beat Geese, since you didn't list any of Geese's feats for comparison. Also the whole thing of withstanding environment in stages is irrelevant, since those are literally just stages that every character can show up in, this isn't a "canon ability", the stage is just there to be pretty.
#2514  April 06, 2021, 05:31:09 am
    • USA
When it comes to experience, Heihachi has that in spades over Geese.

Heihachi is said to be 75 around the time of Tekken 7... Hell, he was in his 50's when the series began. You're looking at possibly 60+ years of martial arts knowledge with Heihachi. Compare to Geese, who is 43 at the time of his 'official' death in Real Bout Fatal Fury.
#2515  April 06, 2021, 06:19:07 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Also the whole thing of withstanding environment in stages is irrelevant, since those are literally just stages that every character can show up in, this isn't a "canon ability", the stage is just there to be pretty.
Yea dunno why I added that since the fight will likely be at Geese's tower so it was pointless.

I don't know much about what Geese has done in main lore other than he's said to be immortal from the scrolls and I'm sure he's done something in some manhuas, OVAs (Raging Storm capable of striking within a large radius and Heihachi isn't that agile so he's forced to endure the whole move), etc that I'm not aware of and will likely be mentioned in his bio.  If they are gonna bring in some non-canon stuff, it's only fair Heihachi gets his youth serum.
Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:24:41 am by Kirishima
#2516  April 06, 2021, 08:41:51 am
    • Mexico
The god dude from one of the Fatal Fury OVAs seems a lot more impressive than Geese iirc, if Geese were at that level then maybe Heihachi would be screwed but I sincerely doubt Geese scales to that dude. Bringing him up because they mentioned him in the Ken vs Terry fight. I don't think this a stomp but one dude got thrown down a cliff and lived, whereas the other fell off of a tower and died. Depends on how deep that cliff was but I think Heihachi edges it out on durability.
#2517  April 06, 2021, 03:31:20 pm
  • Was it something I said?
I'm all for that battle, but (and correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't Yamazaki have some part of Orochi in him or something to that effect? Bryan would have the strength advantage due to him being a rebuilt cyborg for all intents and purposes.. Hmm.

To answer your question, he's part of the Hakkesshu, or the people who follow Orochi (Goenitz, Yashiro, Shermie,, Chris and even Vice and Mature). As Goenitz represents Wind, Shermie represents lightning, etc., Yamazaki represents Death, and it gives him according to SNK wiki, increased brutality with unknown results. However, like Vice and Mature, he resists Orochi's mind control due to him already being insane, so it would probably feel like an enhanced boost of speed and power. And unlike Goenitz and New Faces Team, he doesn't care about Orochi or the group in general, and just does his own thing. Also, only slight advantage in power to Bryan, because Maxima exists in KoF.

Anyway, back to the topic of Heihachi and Geese, both are cocky and arrogant. Geese might have a slight power advantage at first due to his natural abilities in game, but Heihachi's got experience in dealing with those type of power, or his own family. I can only assume they'll also bring in Nightmare Geese (if he's canon), but Heihachi also has that boost in power when he dealt with Full Power Devil Kazuya.

Edit: Another fun fact of the Hakkesshu, Rugal's goal was to obtain the power of Orochi, and more specifically the power of Nothingness/Matter, which there was no one assigned to it (Orochi himself uses this power in game., however). But as it goes, he didn't have enough power of his own to wield it himself.
Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 05:17:02 pm by Knuckles8864
#2518  April 07, 2021, 01:06:07 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Eh.  General idea was right, some odd choices is all.  So yeah, they gave Lex the defense of Hal Jordon by relation to Larfleeze, so there wasn't a think Doom could do physically to hurt Lex but it just didn't matter in the end due to what Doom won with.  And odd they bring up Doom's siphon as a big deal, while in the fight itself even after Doom siphons the Motherbox, Lex beats him down regardless.  It came down to Doom can swap minds and Lex can't counter that.  Meh, I guess that works but kind of a dropped ball ending.
The animations they make are purely for show and aren't made to be accurate as to how the actual fight would go as they just try to showcase both characters as much as they can.

They're going to have to find something for Geese that can give him an edge. Just on Durability alone, Heihachi trumps Geese. Hei got tossed off a cliff after being beaten and not only did he survive, he climbed back up just in time to win Tekken 2. Add to that being in a point blank explosion from a bunch of Jack-4s Geese only survives his first fall due to the scrolls and he was still hospitalized. When he decided he didn't want to use the scrolls and got tossed the second time, he didn't survive.

Heihachi lasted against Kaz as long as he did through sheer willpower and even then while he put up a fight, he couldn't really compete with Kaz so I wouldn't completely compare Heihachi to Full Power Devil Kaz.

I also wouldn't compare Geese with Terry as much either. Terry beat Krauser whom Geese couldn't beat and was even scared shitless of. On the KOF side, Geese didn't take his matches in 96 seriously + he had two teammates. It's probably the same for 14.
#2519  April 07, 2021, 03:19:29 pm
    • USA
Yeah....I'm more than fairly aware that the animation isn't one-for-one accurate.  I've been telling that to others plenty over the years.  X doesn't exclude Y from being weird.  The general takeaway is Lex's Everyman power is superior to his Warsuit, thus the progression from Doom taking the power of the Motherbox and adding to his own to Lex's surprise turnaround.  I can't imagine the stats add up to that, Everyman Lex being better than Doom's capacity plus Lex's own Warsuit against him, it's just there for drama and narrative sense.
#2520  April 08, 2021, 12:02:14 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Honestly, you just listed Heihachi feats without saying any actual reason why he would beat Geese, since you didn't list any of Geese's feats for comparison. Also the whole thing of withstanding environment in stages is irrelevant, since those are literally just stages that every character can show up in, this isn't a "canon ability", the stage is just there to be pretty.

Do Geese have any impressive feats in canon? aside from just surviving a fall from a building? and still, took him around two years to recover? and the next fall pretty much killed him, While Heihachi falls from similar heights and walks afterward as if it was a simple foot slipped, The best destructive feat for Geese was destroying a forest in an OVA and Heihachi survived a nuke.

The way I see it in a DB that both fall from a high building into the ground with Geese Dying while Heihachi just shrugs of the fall and walks away as if it was nothing to worry about.

Even Battle wiki which is notorious for wacking characters still made Geese lower in tier than Heihachi

anyway in the meantime.