YesNoOk

Why is Mugen good for you? (Read 24227 times)

Started by JJkoolaid, April 06, 2021, 08:51:28 pm
Share this topic:

vyn

Re: Why is Mugen good for you?
#21  August 20, 2021, 12:44:04 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Its a hobby for the mind, like sudoku.
#22  August 20, 2021, 12:58:30 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I've always been a fan of fighting games, and MUGEN opened doors for me. I'm used to the games known to most American players like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, etc..

MUGEN introduced games and characters that I never heard of and if it wasn't for it, those games and characters would probably still be unknown to me.
#23  September 26, 2021, 12:04:56 am
  • It Is What It Is
    • USA
MUGEN came a long way. Seriously. For an engine that is somewhat limited, it is surprisingly versatile. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way of playing MUGEN. Whether you're rockin' with the OG WinMugen, 1.0, 1.1, or IKEMEN, you can't go wrong with any version of it. Having fun is what matters most. It doesn't matter if you're kicking it with classic characters (Street Fighter, KOF, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, etc), spoofing it up with cartoon characters, going for a ride with Marvel, wildin' out with waifu/anime fighters, or OD'ing off of PoTS/CvS characters-- there's something for everyone. And I'm very grateful to all the authors and creators who made content for MUGEN. You're all appreciated!

And this is coming from a guy who hated MUGEN, once upon a time. Playing this thing on a Windows ME system back in 2005 was a true headache.