YesNoOk

Benhazard Wip Projects and other Stuff (Read 134707 times)

Started by benhazard, September 22, 2020, 04:20:47 pm
Share this topic:
Benhazard Wip Projects and other Stuff
#1  September 22, 2020, 04:20:47 pm
  • Some stuff, Skyrim, Doom, RE3, amateur pixelartist
Hi, I'm mostly know as Benhazard (Benha/Ben), but some may find me as TheBxushis at Nexus when it comes to modding. (Skyrim/Fallout)
These are some spriter projects that I have been working for a while. (Here being intended for Mugen and Ikemen Go)
For now, mostly are just adaptations form existing subjects, sometimes doing some experiments but also what I aim to improve towards, be by self-taught or formal education)

Regardeless, this is the actual state of the current projects. (05/02/2022)

-CVS Shermie (Complete, requires some further updates/polish)
-CVS Gouken (Finished, some frames may be overscaled)
-Hitto Collab (Cancelled)
-Renamon (No time/Undefined)

Marc Brunet Art school program if you can help to optimize my time. https://cubebrush.co/mb
Support.: https://ko-fi.com/benhazard

As for commissions, I will be likely fully available at the second semester of next year.

Lifting that weight aside, I might focus in working on C.V.S Nemesis.

Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 05:15:45 pm by benhazard
Re: Renamon reborn
#2  October 01, 2020, 07:02:58 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
cool stuff bro, is it also supposed to have cvs-style gameplay?
#3  October 01, 2020, 04:24:57 pm
  • Michael Romance
  • I wish you peace!
    • Brazil
You sprite work is beautiful! Congratulations!

DW

#4  October 02, 2020, 03:18:57 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's good to see you return. Your sprite work is very impressive. I thought you already did a great job with refining Gouken, though maybe his scale is too big? At any rate, good luck, and I look forward to progress on Renamon and Gouken.
#5  October 11, 2020, 09:00:19 pm
Yes, the old Gouken was to big, (some animations where at divergent scales) so I will redo it more in line with the CVS scale.
my current intent is.:
  C.V.S Abstract Original         edit V2                            V3 Closer to CVS

I welcome to feedback. (Anything one may find to improve, etc)

redid a bit some of the Renamon frames, but with a good result, might fix some parts of the tail animation.:

Going to move to gethits, stun,minor transitions and post the progress here.
Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 09:04:04 pm by benhazard
#6  October 11, 2020, 09:57:14 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Yes, the old Gouken was to big, (some animations where at divergent scales) so I will redo it more in line with the CVS scale.
my current intent is.:
  C.V.S Abstract Original         edit V2                            V3 Closer to CVS

redid a bit some of the Renamon frames, but with a good result, might fix some parts of the tail animation.:

I like the edit to look more like CVS size etc.

But I also think that he would look better without taking exact colors from Ryu and Akuma.
Perhaps they can be slightly adjusted.

One of the identity of characters is also their color scheme (even if palette variation exists, of course)
#7  October 11, 2020, 11:55:32 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
The face is such a big improvement. It already was in your first version but it looks so much better now.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#8  October 12, 2020, 12:36:13 am
    • USA
#9  October 14, 2020, 02:48:50 am
my current intent is.:

I like the edit to look more like CVS size etc.

But I also think that he would look better without taking exact colors from Ryu and Akuma.
Perhaps they can be slightly adjusted.

One of the identity of characters is also their color scheme (even if palette variation exists, of course)

Yes, the current pallet I'm using as a guide to get closer to the final result, I want to reach. but I can attempt to set a new one, if sugesttions, (or ideias) for a matching pallete, for me to have a ideia to a ideal default color for gouken, as the older felt inadequate.

A basic example of what I felt it needed some fix. (incorrect proportions, etc)

I say the legs should be redone, so the legs are out more, as she looks to be strutting more than anything. But otherwise your doing an amazing job!

Yes, there is this weird effect. initially I wanted to give a "ninja" run foward by using Guy as a reference, but the result was weird.
I will make some adjust to if I manage to remove the strutting effect from the run movement.

revised some Renamon frames. added some minor missing. post later the end result.
Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 03:00:30 am by benhazard

DW

#10  October 17, 2020, 04:16:36 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Man, that is some awesome refining done to Gouken. Especially with the face I agree. Great work. I said before Idk much about Digimon, but Renamon is looking really great as well. Keep up the good work.
#11  October 20, 2020, 09:38:41 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Just my feedback, but the tail for the walking back and running is odd looking, like its not looped correctly but that's just my opinion. Love the Gokuen you are working on too!
#12  October 20, 2020, 03:34:30 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Your update is really awesome!
This work of pixel art is really fitting the CVS style.

I would have not "flatten" his shoulder this way. I prefered when it was "rounder". It looked better to me.
But other elements are just perfect!
#13  November 05, 2020, 11:56:35 pm
Just my feedback, but the tail for the walking back and running is odd looking, like its not looped correctly but that's just my opinion. Love the Gokuen you are working on too!

Thanks,, will update it.

These tweaks should hopefully make the Run animation to be more organic.:

Also, finished all the basic gethits, minus the hit effects (shock, etc)

(I'´m still doing some updates to gouken, but I will take the feedback into account.)
Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:03:15 am by benhazard
#14  November 07, 2020, 02:11:21 pm
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Hey that looks way better, can't to see the finished project.
#15  November 15, 2020, 12:04:30 pm

I say the legs should be redone, so the legs are out more, as she looks to be strutting more than anything. But otherwise your doing an amazing job!

Thanks, I did try to redo three times, but I'm still stuck/not satisfied with the result, so I promise you I'm going to correct it later.

almost four months of progress and almost all of the basic part is done (spritesheet below), missing only taunt, intro, mirror match, charge and lose.

the rest I could just go and use tsunamidusher and Gearfighter zeta base for basic, ex and supers, but I do consider to be correct to relearn the fundaments of fighting games, watch the show and also play some Digimon retro games (Rumble arena, etc) to have a Ideia on how/more or less her moveset should be. (should take between 3 to 4 months to complete, maybe less if doing only the essential)

I'm giving more priority on relearning pixel art than coding, althought I don't discart the possibility of coding myself, for now..
I think it's better to reuse this tread to also post Gouken progress than create a new one. sorry for the bad english.
Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 09:15:33 pm by benhazard
#16  November 16, 2020, 12:13:01 am
    • UK
Neutral animation gives me SF3 3s vibes.
#17  December 23, 2020, 12:37:01 am
Renamon basic state. (including all the basics, but not the extras) is almost done, going to move back on CVS Gouken later, sneak peak.:
#18  December 25, 2020, 03:22:41 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
My goodness, that new Gouken looks incredible. And I already thought your previous Gouken looked pretty good.

Shit
#19  December 26, 2020, 11:08:28 am
  • A.K.A. NED
I usually don't click this thread, because of the Digimon name.
I'm not from Pokemon and Digimon generation... Older :)

But Your Gouken update is still very impressive.
#20  December 27, 2020, 05:48:17 am
    • USA
I usually don't click this thread, because of the Digimon name.
I'm not from Pokemon and Digimon generation... Older :)

But Your Gouken update is still very impressive.

A good chunk of the modern Digimon games are pretty mature, actually.

And yeah, both Renamon and Gouken are looking solid.