YesNoOk

Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE (Read 610339 times)

Started by Tiger-Boy, February 09, 2022, 03:33:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE
#61  March 05, 2022, 08:51:07 pm
    • USA
Great job man! I like the changes you made for Cammy's animations.
#62  March 05, 2022, 11:15:00 pm
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
There's still a lot to be done, however, the work on the sprites is getting really good, and I think all this polishing is getting done pretty fast, keep it up!

Thanks!
And there sure is a lot to do! That is why I am taking my time. Working on one animation group each day, and even going back to some sprites if I am not pleased with them.
If anything, she would be a more complete Cammy experience than the versions released before.

I like the fact you go deep on details for animation.

I always felt this char had potential, which is why I spend time on her.
I continue to compare her frames with the ones of POTS and Ethan Lives, just to make sure I have all the necessary frames.

Great job man! I like the changes you made for Cammy's animations.

Thank you!
I am quite pleased with the way she is coming around. Once I finish the Win and Intro animations, it should get easier.
Maybe she will be released during this month or so (?).

Until Next Time!  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 11:45:39 pm by Tiger-Boy
#63  March 06, 2022, 10:31:47 pm
    • Portugal
Hello again;

Here is a very pleasant update.

I managed to finish working on both of her stand animations:
-I fixed the issue with the right arm (it kept following the forearm). Now it stays in place while the rest moves over it.
-I edited her face, to make her look less like SFA, and more like CVS (Not perfect, but I really like it).

Before and After animations:

I also worked on editing and improving the sprites (Turn and crouch-turn).

That is all for now.

Until next time!  :bjugoi:

First position stand based SSF2T is the best version. second position is bad!
#64  March 06, 2022, 11:46:46 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Progress on Cammy is looking preeeeetty clean.

Both stances look pretty good imo I don't think the second idle looks bad in any way. You just prefer the first one, rather lol
#65  March 07, 2022, 12:09:43 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Try to be constructive ;)

To me, both are ok. Even if I prefer the classic one from SSF2 too
#66  March 07, 2022, 01:21:52 am
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
Hello again;

-I edited her face, to make her look less like SFA, and more like CVS (Not perfect, but I really like it).

You can keept both animations and make the player choose which one to use with a variable (taunt pose, config file, fight style, palette color)

-Remember that CPS(1,2,3) sprites are originally stretched when you edit them and adquire their real thin aspect in game via Xscale cns.
 -if you edit the face take that into account.
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
#67  March 07, 2022, 06:49:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Hello again;

You can keept both animations and make the player choose which one to use with a variable (taunt pose, config file, fight style, palette color)

-Remember that CPS(1,2,3) sprites are originally stretched when you edit them and adquire their real thin aspect in game via Xscale cns.
 -if you edit the face take that into account.

I felt the same about the face, but i'm a bit tired to explain stuff in english and be almost igored sometimes.
I think whatever we say, he will make his version vision of Cammy.

To me even the mouth should not be edited. The source one was already perfect. More like the classic Cammy expression back in SSF2 times.
I really feel like we a losing some original details from Capcom's source sprites...

But anyway he do what he want now. We cannot really interfere I think. It is his project. ^^

To me, the only things needed is
1-restoring the source missing sprites into the character.
2-Fixing anatomic errors (from the FAN edited parts, not from Capcom's "perfect" sprite work)
3-adding the freaking classic boots.

I think I'm shortly losing my patience. I'm not anymore considering to work on the boots myself.
I don't have time anymore, even if I actually have the method in mind. (with some tests too)
I'll be pleased to watch someone doing it instead. Even if I usually prefer to do things by myself.
#68  March 07, 2022, 09:52:24 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
The thing is HE is doing everything, he is using his time to edit the sprites, the character and sprites were sitting there for ages and no one cared to clean them...
I'm no spriter but IMO it's not losing detail, I don't think the face edit looks bad, but I also don't think it looks better than the original, I would not change it but if he wants to, I'm in no position to stop him, in the end it's his work. It's also up to him if he wants to listen to us or not.
#69  March 07, 2022, 10:11:22 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
The thing is HE is doing everything, he is using his time to edit the sprites, the character and sprites were sitting there for ages and no one cared to clean them...
I'm no spriter but IMO it's not losing detail, I don't think the face edit looks bad, but I also don't think it looks better than the original, I would not change it but if he wants to, I'm in no position to stop him, in the end it's his work. It's also up to him if he wants to listen to us or not.

Same.
I prefer to let him decide how is his own vision of Cammy.
And have no specific hopes.
Actually, this is what I do with my wip characters too :)
#70  March 08, 2022, 01:35:08 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

If you want to be mean and edgy, at least do some research. The position you say "SF2" is in fact Street Fighter Alpha/Zero. Arms position are different in SF2.
- SF2:

- SFZ:

So if you're not going to be constructive, just read  what people says about what could be fixed.

----------------------------

Overall, the work is very good. It fits both CvS and SFZ. There are some frames whose arms could use a bit of muscle definition(SF2 is the best reference, IMHO, at least in the shoulders, and for biceps, Maki is your pose girl ;) !). I'd say about the boots, but that's something you've already mentioned, so nothing to add here. Good luck!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#71  March 08, 2022, 03:58:49 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
I will say this regarding the stance. I do plan to make a Cammy of my own, and I will include both Delta Red and Killer Bee in her at once. For Delta Red, she will use the SF4 stance to be a little different compared to Killer Bee, who will use the SF2/SFA one.

So Tiger-Boy, do what satisfies you the most. I am terrible for criticism, so I am going to leave that field to the others. But one thing is for sure. Once Delta Red is done, I will be your first customer.

You still have my full permission to use the Delta Red stance I commissioned by the way.
#72  March 08, 2022, 04:37:14 pm
  • Wandering....
\

At this moment, this animation does Not share the paletts colors (yet). I may need to learn how to do so.

That is all for now. Let me know what you think, and share any advice.

Best regards.

You might have seen this online

You might be interested with this one, her design in one of the SF2 ending

#73  March 08, 2022, 08:37:01 pm
Overall, the work is very good. It fits both CvS and SFZ. There are some frames whose arms could use a bit of muscle definition(SF2 is the best reference, IMHO, at least in the shoulders, and for biceps, Maki is your pose girl ;) !). I'd say about the boots, but that's something you've already mentioned, so nothing to add here. Good luck!

That's a good point! Thank you! I will take this in consideration when I am revising the sprites. Using the SSF2 sprites as reference is a great idea.
It will be tricky, since this Cammy is SFA based, and the one of SSF2 is another type of art. But still, a good guide.
Thanks again!

You might be interested with this one, her design in one of the SF2 ending

I haven't seen these before. The one from her ending, I believe I saw a sprite of this in the most recent work with this char (the one with the color separation SFF), but it's incomplete. It's missing the one where she is being grabbed by her neck. Do you know where I can find them?

Now, regarding the discussion that was happening before these last replies, I do have something to say about it:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

With this being said, I am going to take a break. It's been almost a month since I started to work on this Cammy's sprites in my Free-Time, and I need to rest my mind, and my eyes.

Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 09:13:14 pm by Tiger-Boy
#74  March 08, 2022, 09:09:51 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

YES! You definitely improved This Delta red Cammy sprites ! particularly the missing sprites, or work on arms, face etc.

Particualrly on the previous fan edits made on Capcom work, like face or socks, lack of abs details etc. You added your own custom details on top of it, fixing many of the previous editor work. :)

Yes, for all of us it's a hobby. For me, it's even like 5-10% of my hobby. I'm mostly using my free time for illustration and comics projects. ^^;

This is why I'm somtimes affraid you go too far on editing, like a research of perfection (I can understand it... I'm kind of obsessed with details, when I sprite or draw...)

I know your personnal version of Cammy will be good in the end.

I did that for fun. but it was just a try. Not fast enough to take on more.
Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 09:27:55 pm by Momotaro
#75  March 25, 2022, 04:09:22 am

Beautiful.

Just an update;
I have returned working on Cammy for a while.
On the last update, before taking a break, I had worked up to her intros. What was left was her attacks, hits and fall-downs.

However, I chose to revisit the previous worked sprites to do some additional touches, before I get to work on the remaining sprites, which I believe are basically the other half of the char.

Here are some images:
THESE ARE NOT THE FINAL WORK!
(I Keep visiting the sprites back and forth to do my best and make them look better)

I went back to the stands, and edited her head, making it go forward one pixel, and up one pixel (I didn't realize she didn't had a neck).
Also worked on her beret and front hair.

That is all for now.

Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 04:21:23 am by Tiger-Boy
#76  March 25, 2022, 09:44:09 am
  • A.K.A. NED

Thanks

About your edits. (3 pics) There is some very good and some obvious flaws (for me)

1st pic
I love it! This is WAY better!
But her right arm (the one going down) : the outline is a bit strange. like stair effect
perhaps adding a bit of slightly lighter color inside of some of these outline pixels would fix it.

2nd pic
Your fixing is almost perfect.
-But the abs area is a bit strange (definition of muscles) also, symetry make it sot natural from my point of view.
-side of "croch" area you removed some muscle details definition and make it symectric with other side. (It looks ok, but I always feel a bit sad when the editing means removing Capcom's initial pixels. when their work was already perfect.)
Unless it's a leftover of added pixels by Chucho ? But I doubt about it.

3rd pic
Is your edit on right ?
If so, the berret shape is messed up (I think). one extra red pixel on top make it like a square shaped stuff.
I understand that initially, her berrey went too much on front/right of sprite, but the tweaking is too hard this time.
The lower line of berrey completely split ther head.
IMO, the "initial" version based on "Psycho Weapon" character was already good, and only needed a small tweak on front/right area of berret.
Hair edit is very good on right.
Lack of any kind of detail in neck area catch my eye so much. I would not leave it like that.
#77  March 25, 2022, 09:45:45 pm
Thanks @Momotaro. I will keep this in mind when revising the char.
As mentioned before, these images are not the final work. So, there is room for improvement.

#78  March 26, 2022, 03:11:25 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I'd like to suggest something, if it's not a bother. Cammy is amuscled, powerful girl. and the shading you're puttig in her arms are, well, not nearly it. I'd say, look at CvS Maki as reference(she's more muscled than any other CvS2 girl). I tried to make something that may guide you:

Again, this is a suggestion and not something to critiquise or bother you.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#79  March 26, 2022, 03:45:14 am
I'd like to suggest something, if it's not a bother. Cammy is amuscled, powerful girl. and the shading you're puttig in her arms are, well, not nearly it. I'd say, look at CvS Maki as reference(she's more muscled than any other CvS2 girl). I tried to make something that may guide you:

Thank you so much!  :D

As mentioned before, these images are not the final work, since I started with re-shaping the arms from the original form. So, most of the initial images I am showing here are basically 'Corrected Canvas'. But this Image you have provided is a HUGE help! I will most likely follow this. 

I have A CvS Maki, so I will check her out. At some point, muscle tones are not that hard, but in others, it's not so simple (at least for me).
I even tried to use the SSf2 Cammy as a reference, and it kind-of helps, but not that much, since the arts styles are just too different.

Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 04:10:15 am by Tiger-Boy
#80  March 26, 2022, 08:29:41 am
  • A.K.A. NED

I'm also OK with that, beside the fact that ins SFA style the shading should not be that "strong" that "dark".
If you check legs shading, Cammy have muscular legs, but her shading is soft. The arms should stay soft. (from my point of view)

In SFA, her lgs are not that thick (sadly ;) ) so, her arms shold nof be that big either.

The base sprite is a younger Cammy than in SF5 of course.

ACtually, this project hype me a lot, bit it's one of the really few that makes me anxious. Because I'm affrait too much details are edited from the source character. ^^;

My only wish is the editing to be as "small" as possible, so, we keep enough details from the source character.

THEN, from Tiger-Boy's base, it's possible to create ANY variation of this "preserved base"
-delta red boots edit
OR
-muscular edit to match SFV
OR
-CVS shading edit
OR
-adding extra details from SFV (holster, leg band etc)

But for any of these option, the priority is to have a base that keep as mush details and pixels from the SFA3 source character. (bur with delta red costume)