YesNoOk

Goku Z2 by Balthazar & Cybaster (AI patch by 亞) (Read 140477 times)

Started by Cybaster, April 25, 2011, 04:35:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Goku Z2 by Balthazar & Cybaster
#21  April 25, 2011, 07:14:31 pm
Great! The time as come.. Btw, I see a broly?  :ninja:
#22  April 25, 2011, 07:16:17 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
have been ancitipating this release for some time! :D
#23  April 25, 2011, 07:27:13 pm
    • USA
OMG YES!!!!!! I've been waiting for this for so long! Cybaster I couldn't get the palettes i made finished in time so i'll just create my palettes for Goku and release them separately. CongratZ on this!  :sugoi:

This Goku is amazing! I'll test and try to give some feedback although I'm not so great at it. ^^
#24  April 25, 2011, 07:28:32 pm
  • Swan dive into the world
hell yes
#25  April 25, 2011, 07:33:01 pm
    • youtube.com/user/SeiferFirehart
#26  April 25, 2011, 07:33:20 pm
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
Ki Blast is unsafe on hit. He jumps too high on the follow-up after the c.HP launcher. Just what I noticed testing before I have to get ready for work.

I'm loving everything else, will play/test more later.
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#27  April 25, 2011, 07:43:25 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
#28  April 25, 2011, 07:44:38 pm
Yes. Kamehameha!!!
Good release.
#29  April 25, 2011, 07:53:30 pm
  • Puff!
    • Poland
Sexy character :D

At first I was quite surprised when saw damage of his Genki Dama, but it gives stun to the opponent, so I guess it's ok as it is right now.
#30  April 25, 2011, 08:31:03 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Great character. One thing I noticed though. If your back is to the wall when you use Meteor Attack then the second kick will miss
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

which leads to Goku dropping to the ground right away and leaving the aura behind for a second

not a big deal but thought I'd mention it.
#31  April 25, 2011, 08:46:28 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Ki Blast is unsafe on hit.
- He jumps too high on the follow-up after the c.HP launcher.
- Yeah, kinda. Has to be used from far, or in a combo, and can be done 3 times, so that compensates. And it can be cancelled to Kmh if you have 1 powerbar.
- It's fine to me, and nobody else (beta-testers) complained.

Great character. One thing I noticed though. If your back is to the wall when you use Meteor Attack then the second kick will miss
which leads to Goku dropping to the ground right away and leaving the aura behind for a second
not a big deal but thought I'd mention it.
Nice catch. Noted in the things to fix.
I see someone changed the small portrait on-the-fly. ;P

#32  April 25, 2011, 08:48:32 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
This goku is good but.......two things
-The hitsounds do not blend with the sparks very well...could be just me
- The dampener....well, the DAMAGE on supers outside of combos is pitiful, I'm positive you could code a dampener that works around this but it's up to you.

All in all, fairly good but I can't use it worth a shit : (

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#33  April 25, 2011, 09:02:00 pm
    • France
#34  April 25, 2011, 09:28:23 pm
  • Small characters can kick big ass.
    • USA
This character is VERY good. A true testament to Cybaster's skill as a coder and Balthazar's skill as a spriter.

Now for the feedback:

- As stated before, using his "Dragon Punch" on certain opponents at close range causes Goku to move right through them. But it also sometimes causes Goku to immediately turn around after going through the opponent, resulting in what appears to be an unintentional cross-up of sorts.

- Left Snap Kick (EX) effects don't seem to properly bind to Goku when he hits the opponent.

- A small suggestion: Left Snap Kick (EX) would probably make a good ender to Goku's Cartwheel Kick. :)

- Kamehameha (Straight, Diagonal, and Aerial) appear to have similar hit.vels (Vel Y). Shouldn't the standing Diagonal Kamehameha knock the opponent higher into the air (Vel -Y), while the Aerial Kamehameha knocks the opponent to the ground with more force (Vel +Y)?

- Effect styles clash. Most noticeably on the dust effects, which seem to come from at least 3 different sources, though other effects clash as well. I'm seeing KoF dust with Waku Waku 7 dust, a KoF projectile (Ki Shot) with a MotW "hit" effect, along with SFIII projectiles and RotD hitsparks. While this has no impact on the actual gameplay itself, the lack of consistency in this area is somewhat disappointing.

As far as the dust effects, SFIII and MvC has a fairly decent range of dust effects that can be used for just about any action a character can do, be it dashing, jumping, projectiles, etc. It's just my opinion, but for the sake of keeping some level of "uniformity", that's what I'd go with.

That's really all I've found. The character is fantastic. You two make a hell of a team! :)
#35  April 25, 2011, 09:30:28 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Downloading Now:

Will give feedback later ;)
#36  April 25, 2011, 09:36:26 pm
    • France
Thanks for the nice feedback. :)
1- As stated before, using his "Dragon Punch" on certain opponents at close range causes Goku to move right through them. But it also sometimes causes Goku to immediately turn around after going through the opponent, resulting in what appears to be an unintentional cross-up of sorts.

2- Left Snap Kick (EX) effects don't seem to properly bind to Goku when he hits the opponent.

3- A small suggestion: Left Snap Kick (EX) would probably make a good ender to Goku's Cartwheel Kick. :)

4- Kamehameha (Straight, Diagonal, and Aerial) appear to have similar hit.vels (Vel Y). Shouldn't the standing Diagonal Kamehameha knock the opponent higher into the air (Vel -Y), while the Aerial Kamehameha knocks the opponent to the ground with more force (Vel +Y)?

5- Effect styles clash. Most noticeably on the dust effects, which seem to come from at least 3 different sources, though other effects clash as well. I'm seeing KoF dust with Waku Waku 7 dust, a KoF projectile (Ki Shot) with a MotW "hit" effect, along with SFIII projectiles and RotD hitsparks. While this has no impact on the actual gameplay itself, the lack of consistency in this area is somewhat disappointing.

As far as the dust effects, SFIII and MvC has a fairly decent range of dust effects that can be used for just about any action a character can do, be it dashing, jumping, projectiles, etc. It's just my opinion, but for the sake of keeping some level of "uniformity", that's what I'd go with.

6- That's really all I've found. The character is fantastic. You two make a hell of a team! :)
1- Will fix.
2- Got this feedback for EX Hurricane Kick FX too. I'll have to code it as a helper I think, will be better.
3- That's a very nice idea. :) Balthazar ? (DAMMIT, WHERE ARE YOU !!!)
4- Yeah, that makes sense. Will get to that (I think Hero told me something similar, but I guess I didn't understand at the time :S).
5- Yeah, I sometimes feel the dust clashes some how. Not so much with some other, such as Ki Blast + its explod sprite, which feel fine to me. I think we'll do some more testing with Batlhazar for the next update, in order to have more consistency with the effects.
6- Thanks a bunch ! :sugoi: That means a lot coming from you. I love your extra-chibi stuff. :)
#37  April 25, 2011, 09:38:49 pm
  • SNK is life

MARVELOUS PENIS AURA
#38  April 25, 2011, 10:06:18 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Glad everyone seems to like him :)
Btw Cy, if you go snowboarding in NZ you might see my younger cousin, I just heard he'd be going there to work there, as a snowboard teacher i assume (since that's what he's been doing now) :D

I think i'll be finishing up Goku before i start on Vegeta again, i don't want Vegeta to become larger as i sprite his new moves :P
As what happened with Goku ;)
Broly was just a single sprite, and a huge one at that, I don't think i'll be able to sprite a full sheet of him, only if it were my fulltime job XD (Capcom, buy dat damn DBZ licence from Atari and hire me!)

Oh i just saw i replied after i read page 1, not having read page 2 XD Yeah i assume Cy, you're noting all the feedback :)
I'm keeping my eyes open too. Not sure if EX Snap Kick after Cartwheel Kick will look good, since the first part of EX Snap Kick is basicly the Cartwheel kick animation reversed XD But i'll still have to re-sprite that, ill keep my options open for that.

BTW everyone, how you like the Kaiyoken fullscreen finisher  8) ?
Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 10:15:04 pm by Balthazar
#39  April 25, 2011, 10:32:14 pm
  • hecc
yay, another goku i get to make an english .snd for
anyway this is quite nice, definitely one of the better DBZ characters for mugen
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
#40  April 25, 2011, 10:34:04 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Better as you mean the best I hope Donutman.

It's way better than those 1 button winning DBZ characters.

BTW everyone, how you like the Kaiyoken fullscreen finisher  8) ?
You sprited that too? because you got him really accurate to his Anime appearence :)