YesNoOk

Angel updated (06/06/2021) (Read 17958 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, June 04, 2021, 03:56:00 pm
Share this topic:
Angel updated (06/06/2021)
#1  June 04, 2021, 03:56:00 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

Q: Why Angel?
A: It was a commission made by Everyone's Kouhai. Thanks, Kouhai :)

Q: How do I play Angel?
A: Angel is... Complicated. She's a blockstring monster that has very deceiving mixups. A good Angel player might be impossible to predict. Angel has a lot of meterless damage but she has to work for it because of the tight execution. On the flip-side, her meter damage is a bit lackluster. She doesn't have buttons suited for footsies, so she relies on excellent usage of Red Sky to get in without eating a combo.

Q: What's next?
A: I'm not sure, but Ash and Rugal are still on the works.

Angel updated!

Spoiler: Changelog (click to see content)
Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 01:08:51 pm by KarmaCharmeleon
Re: Angel released
#2  June 04, 2021, 04:15:33 pm
    • Netherlands
Grats on her release!

I will give her a go this weekend :)
I reckon she is POTS style?
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#3  June 04, 2021, 04:29:18 pm
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica
Okay, time to switch to kooldshool for this char.
#4  June 04, 2021, 04:39:35 pm
  • - Mugen & Ikemen Designer -
    • Argentina
Finally a great Angel, thanks Karma! Congrats for the release!
#5  June 04, 2021, 05:15:58 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
My god, you did it!
Time to try this gem of yours!
I never imagined Angel would have her turn so "early" I mean in 2021.

Thanks for the release.
#6  June 04, 2021, 05:29:24 pm
    • USA
Oh wow awesome. Gonna test right away.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#7  June 04, 2021, 05:30:18 pm
]cant wait to get off work and test her.

Thank you both of you for the awesome release.

Edit not sure if this has something to do with how the grab works but when she does that df df any kick grab sorry im bad with names there is a single frame of her that goes under the floor a tad bit.

UPDATE ON THIS, i just tested it with other chars and Angel does not go under the floor a tad bit, I am guessing this is hitbox dependent ?

Second update on this it only happenes to smaller chars.
I think I already know whats going on here, its based on char size cause you're moving the sprite for the grab to look better.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

==============================================================
Are there supposed to be two hit sparks here ?

still love this move so much

I'll update this post as I go.
Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 06:23:51 pm by PeXXeR
#8  June 04, 2021, 09:45:02 pm
    • Netherlands
]

still love this move so much

I can seem to pull of her Lvl 3 Survivor's banquet (aka the People's Elbow).
I know it works as an otg, but do I need to hitconfirm it from another move?

Overall my first impression of her is good!

"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#9  June 04, 2021, 09:49:18 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Survivor's Banquet is listed as 2p instead of 2k. I also feel like it's missing the Slam impact sound.
Still a nice rendition of her, compared to the weird edit Kold did back then.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#10  June 04, 2021, 10:10:46 pm
    • Netherlands
Survivor's Banquet is listed as 2p instead of 2k. I also feel like it's missing the Slam impact sound.
Still a nice rendition of her, compared to the weird edit Kold did back then.

Ah that's why XD
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#11  June 04, 2021, 10:17:16 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
That was fast!
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#12  June 04, 2021, 10:53:19 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
#13  June 04, 2021, 11:02:45 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Can we just stop comparing authors? It's totally unnecessary...

Exactly. Not only unnecessary but it's a bit disrespectful with Koldskool.

Anyway, back on topic. Congrats for the release KC, you did well on Angel that's for sure.
#14  June 05, 2021, 12:25:21 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
Barely played any of Angel back in KOF, or KOF in general so she's slightly new to me :P
Overall she looks gorgeous and legit, and thanks for using some of the palettes that I made for her.
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#15  June 05, 2021, 03:16:28 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Time to try out.
#16  June 05, 2021, 03:57:53 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Angel is fun to use once you wrap your mind and fingers around what she's able to get done. Still trying to figure a lot of things about her out,  but she feels mechanically solid. As far as feedback goes:

- I think she gains a bit too much meter too quickly.
- Changing it might've been intentional but the shared motion of Starlit Field and MAX Loyalty Test for Liberalists should have a slashing effect, as Angel is scratching your face during the moves rather than breaking your neck.
- There should be a pause before the LTfL autocombo after it connects, it shouldn't immediately go into the combo, I don't think.
- Angel is facing the wrong way during her power charge and the start-up of Survivor's Banquet.

And it's time for me to sound like a scrub again, but Angel shares a common issue I have with the majority of your characters in that while they're incredibly fun to use, they're a nightmare to fight for all of the wrong reasons. You always talk about how they have a glaring weakness, but those weaknesses only seem to exist for the player because the AI always manages to abuse so many things to the point where it rarely feels like it's my fault for losing, especially with the amount of what feels like input-reading. I should be losing to your characters because I messed up a Command and got punished for it, not because of Angel going into CC the moment I press a button to get i-frames, and then using Formalist's Blue twelve times in a row before starting her chains into a super, or Yang parrying everything I do flawlessly. It'd be different if they had a pattern that was simple enough or even possible to deal with, but not when that pattern starts with an input-read counter. She's still incredibly solid and fun to use, but I honestly feel that all of your characters save for Genjuro, Rasetsumaru and EX Iori have this unnecessarily annoying problem.
#17  June 05, 2021, 04:18:37 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Holy Shit! That was quick. Looking forward to see Ash & Rugal. Congratulation!
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#18  June 05, 2021, 04:37:12 am
perfect! well done, this hitsparks are awesome.
#19  June 05, 2021, 06:44:10 am
i'm having difficulty performing her people's elbow. is it like in kof2k2um where you can just use it on downed opponents?
#20  June 05, 2021, 08:54:11 am
    • USA
- I think she gains a bit too much meter too quickly.

Yeah, but her life value is lower, so this is normal for female characters in Capcom inspired systems. High damage output, great meter build, but low HP.

And it's time for me to sound like a scrub again, but Angel shares a common issue I have with the majority of your characters in that while they're incredibly fun to use, they're a nightmare to fight for all of the wrong reasons. You always talk about how they have a glaring weakness, but those weaknesses only seem to exist for the player because the AI always manages to abuse so many things to the point where it rarely feels like it's my fault for losing, especially with the amount of what feels like input-reading. I should be losing to your characters because I messed up a Command and got punished for it, not because of Angel going into CC the moment I press a button to get i-frames, and then using Formalist's Blue twelve times in a row before starting her chains into a super, or Yang parrying everything I do flawlessly. It'd be different if they had a pattern that was simple enough or even possible to deal with, but not when that pattern starts with an input-read counter. She's still incredibly solid and fun to use, but I honestly feel that all of your characters save for Genjuro, Rasetsumaru and EX Iori have this unnecessarily annoying problem.

I'm going to be honest, I think the issue here is not the character, there's nothing wrong with a difficult AI, and they're really not that difficult to beat. Human players who are really skilled are way more formidable. Anyways, not bashing your skill or anything. Just fight harder and you'll get better.

With a lil more patience and diligence you'll get better and realize the same set of issues you had before will become easier.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place