YesNoOk

Does this site has any rule against Youtube and social media links. (Read 87471 times)

Started by orochi_kyo, January 18, 2021, 02:03:27 am
Share this topic:
Does this site has any rule against Youtube and social media links.
#1  January 18, 2021, 02:03:27 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
I'm being developing small things for Ikemen Go for a year and a half, two Mugen to Ikemen Go ports and some small coding for TAG, stage intros, and Arcade coop(before it was made official).

I always shared all my stuff with others with no problem, the only thing I would like is to post those links to my work on social media and my youtube channel.

Still, for some reason, I'm being stalked by this guy who insists on putting the direct link on the posts I made in this forum because he has the personal opinion that this practice is "fishy" and it is forcing those poor people who are interested in my work to "forcing view" my video. He is not admin, mod, etc.

I just checked the rules and I can't see anything about links in other sites, social media or Youtube(any other video service provider), so I want to see if any mod or admin can answer if there is any specific policy against Mugen/Ikemen creators who use Youtube to promote and distribute their content.

If not, well I already made a report, if yes, well, then MugenGuild is not suitable for me and I have to move.

This is Youtube I'm talking about, not adfly or any other source of links to get revenue, my channel is very small and followed by just 120 persons, so not Youtube partner program and if there are any ads on my videos is part of the new Youtube policy of monetizing the platform all they want.

For the record, I have zero problems on Ikemen Discord and other forums, people there respect how creators want to distribute their content.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Does this site has any rule against Youtube and social media links.
#2  January 18, 2021, 02:07:13 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I just wanna say I really don't appreciate you saying I'm stalking you.

I literally have only messaged you once -- I bumped into your thread, saw no link, and kindly posted it in a reply for you.

I don't even know who you are and I think you're blowing this way out of proportion.
#3  January 18, 2021, 02:12:46 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Are you asking if it's okay for you to only post the download on your social media/youtube or are you saying that someone shouldn't be allowed to post the download in your same thread?

If you're just wanting to sharing a video, maybe use the video thread.
Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 02:31:23 am by inktrebuchet
#4  January 18, 2021, 02:14:34 am
I just wanna say I really don't appreciate you saying I'm stalking you.

I literally have only messaged you once -- I bumped into your thread, saw no link, and kindly posted it in a reply for you.

I don't even know who you are and I think you're blowing this way out of proportion.

I agree to disagree, I posted twice, you reposted the direct link twice. Now I would like to have an opinion from an admin or a mod to proceed according to the policies of the forum.
#5  January 18, 2021, 02:38:21 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nope, and we also don't have any rule about someone posting the link of their own accord

Congratulations for garnering my attention,  next time it might be me

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#6  January 18, 2021, 03:52:35 am
Nope, and we also don't have any rule about someone posting the link of their own accord

Congratulations for garnering my attention,  next time it might be me

Is threatening me of doing the same thing that this guy did part of your mod powers?

Just wonder what if this was about one of the known guys. They use their websites but someday maybe they could post a Twitter, Facebook or even Youtube.

It won't be next time, I promise.

#7  January 18, 2021, 03:55:57 am
    • USA
Is threatening me of doing the same thing that this guy did part of your mod powers?

Just wonder what if this was about one of the known guys. They use their websites but someday maybe they could post a Twitter, Facebook or even Youtube

Nope, it's part of my me powers
This time
This time
#8  January 18, 2021, 03:56:13 am
Are you asking if it's okay for you to only post the download on your social media/youtube or are you saying that someone shouldn't be allowed to post the download in your same thread?

It is simple I don't have a website and I use my YT channel to distribute my content, I kill two birds with one rock, people can see what I'm offering before download and further instructions are added to the description so I don't have to copy-paste instructions all over the forums and sites.
#9  January 18, 2021, 03:58:43 am

Just wonder what if this was about one of the known guys. They use their websites but someday maybe they could post a Twitter, Facebook or even Youtube

So you are just threatening me of stalking my posts, linking directly to my work, just because the site allows you to be a mean and leecher.

Good, way to go.
#10  January 18, 2021, 04:00:07 am
    • USA
Part of my mod powers is requesting that you edit instead of multiposting though
This time
This time
#11  January 18, 2021, 04:05:08 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines

So you are just threatening me of stalking my posts, linking directly to my work, just because the site allows you to be a mean and leecher.

Good, way to go.

i never liked getting involved with this mess but.. what are you even talking about? when did he become a mean, leeching moderator? when did he start threatening you? he was only trying to Warn you to stop being a dumbass.
#12  January 18, 2021, 04:11:31 am
    • USA
Now now, I was mean and a leech long before my name was blue and I'll be mean and a leech long after
This time
This time
#13  January 18, 2021, 04:30:37 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet

It is simple I don't have a website and I use my YT channel to distribute my content, I kill two birds with one rock, people can see what I'm offering before download and further instructions are added to the description so I don't have to copy-paste instructions all over the forums and sites.

I don't understand what you are complaining about then. Your posts haven't changed, people will still follow your link if they are interested.

What do you want the mods to do, delete someones post if they have a direct link to what you are linking to? That doesn't seem fair.

It seems like everyone wins with how it is now, I'm not sure what you are complaining about.

Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 04:34:01 am by inktrebuchet
#14  January 18, 2021, 06:06:09 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I'Still, for some reason, I'm being stalked by this guy who insists on putting the direct link on the posts I made in this forum because he has the personal opinion that this practice is "fishy" and it is forcing those poor people who are interested in my work to "forcing view" my video. He is not admin, mod, etc.

Maybe if you took a single look around this forum you'd realize that maybe making people watch your video/go to the video to download your stuff, which is forcing views, is frowned upon here? I know I'm late but you're not very observant otherwise.
#15  January 18, 2021, 06:11:47 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Maybe if you took a single look around this forum you'd realize that maybe making people watch your video/go to the video to download your stuff, which is forcing views, is frowned upon here? I know I'm late but you're not very observant otherwise.

I do want to point out, he even DM'd me saying he did it cause he wanted his channel to get more attention. I know this is over and done with but I wanted it to be made known anyhow that that was his intention.

Additionally I wanna say I wasn't stalking him... the first time I messaged, I left him a link in a reply. And the second time, I did it again cause he deleted the post and reposted.

I hope I don't get reported by him again for such things lol glad this could all be resolved.
#16  January 21, 2021, 03:12:05 am
    • USA
I dont see why he CANT do that, what if the author didnt want to share the direct link? Its not some wierd ass site he's linking to anyways, 
I was promoting BATTLEBORN on here and was met with straight up carnage like comments on here,  and thats an official game  , besides I want to  show Mugenguild more variety and get updated on various things too, so they keep going, i dont want to see the MugenGuild lost either, so what am i saying?

Look here to find out..
Yeah here
You should link your social media back to Mugenguild and your post, also drop a MugenGuild info as well
Genius eh?
#17  January 21, 2021, 03:54:00 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
What did any of that actually say because it doesn't really say anything

Even in this day and age some people have shitty connections and can't load Youtube just to get to a link, and you're also artificially inflating your viewcount on your video by forcing people to go to your video for the link. The TC isn't the first person to have the link edited into their post/posted in the thread by someone else, mod or not. I don't get what's so hard to understand.

Also this has nothing to do with Battleborn really.
#18  January 21, 2021, 03:54:59 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
what if the author didnt want to share the direct link?

What is the point of sharing something if you don't link direct to it? Think about those ads that people put in front of their links that pay them the more clicks they get, it's the same thing with youtube. You're clickbaiting people to dowload something. If you post your download link AND the youtube video link, people who are interested will watch it, you don't need to bait people into clicking your video.
#19  January 21, 2021, 04:13:47 am
    • USA
Well Deathscythe, linking to Youtube is not bad , the link can be in his "more Info" area and not only that , he can  put mugenguild.com in his socialmedia as well as he shares his creation, (while getting views) people will also see our forum, and what Mugen does,
 So he posts his link to youtube, and in description he can show directlink, and put Mugenguild.com and his post as well in it as an example. It shouldnt hurt us really

OrochiGill , yeah i was showing whats going on .
#20  January 21, 2021, 04:43:38 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Unless the owner of the char (and for instance, the video) doesn't post his release in the forum, anyone else will do it, that's an unwritten rule of any content foum like this one. I find funnier that the owner of those chars and videos makes an account here to report why their releases have direct links instead of use the forum to public his releases

I don't know who's the OP and why such attitude, but he could make his own releases threads about his stuff instead of blaming other do it for him with the direct links. And who knows what kind of links he put in his videos, I assume probably they are ad.fly links (which are forbidden here) and th posters use the direct link instead the shortened one

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X