YesNoOk

EX Melee All-Stars - a Platform Fighter Fullgame (Read 7905 times)

Started by NDSilva, April 05, 2021, 02:31:16 pm
Share this topic:
EX Melee All-Stars - a Platform Fighter Fullgame
#1  April 05, 2021, 02:31:16 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh

Average guy tries to make a Smash clone brand new and original platform fighter, by (respectfully) putting together works from several other authors...! :pwn:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Will he ever manage to make something functional out of it? Only time may tell... :mblivious:

Check out the progress

Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 11:08:09 am by NDSilva
Re: Big challenge approaching: Project B.R.A.S.H.
#2  June 05, 2021, 06:50:26 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
It took me a while, but I think I got this one relatively well:

A interactive Vs. screen, with adjustable rules at the bottom bar! It sucks that MUGEN always set those to their default values whenever you go back to the character select screen, so to compensate that I also coded the default match settings in a .txt file, inside the chars folder, so it can be changed a little more easily. But still, this shall be pretty cool for some quick matches. ;)

Graphicswise, it's kind of a mix between Smash 4 3DS and Ultimate - although it doesn't actually use assets from neither of them.

And now, let's implement those features to the actual gameplay! :ninja::goi: (with a few other graphical updates here and there too, perhaps)
Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 06:55:42 am by NDSilva
#3  June 05, 2021, 02:05:50 pm
  • I got tired of waiting for someone to do it for me
    • Argentina
Very interesting! It must have taken a lot of work.

Good luck with this project!
#4  June 05, 2021, 07:53:09 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Can't believe this went over my head. It's a fascinating design! Always thought it could be an interesting way of making Mugen and Smash similar as some sort of gaming mode. Good luck, looks good thus far.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#5  June 06, 2021, 09:20:26 am
  • Why,
Good lucky ... pro/lif
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
Re: EX Melee All-Stars - a Platform Fighter Fullgame
#6  July 31, 2021, 10:55:31 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
At last; it's time to do a little update. :ninja::goi:

• Character Select screen is almost finished... and it already hints the fighters that can potentially show up for the base roster!

Wanna know who they all are? ;) Here, take a look:

• Started to code the UI elements, like the announcer and the base for the health bars:

• The project's name, and title screen were renamed to Exquisite Melee All-Stars.

And that's all for now. Maybe I will post a few more concepts before or alongside the next update. :)

Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 11:07:55 am by NDSilva
#7  September 16, 2021, 02:24:31 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Oh this is pretty cool! Have you tried to take a look at Ikemen? They are going to implement actual platforms.
#8  September 17, 2021, 06:22:34 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
@O ilusionista: Thanks! :]

I've been pondering about the possibility of using Ikemen quite a few times, as it has some really cool features that would suit the style of this project.

Do you know where I can find more info about the platform implementation planned for it? Knowing about it would be the decisive point for me to fully migrate to Ikemen, honestly. That could potentially make things so much easier...! :ninja:

I've been holding up the news for a bit, so that I could show more actual progress - currently doing some tweaks and fixes to the platform system, as well as coding a couple of new stages;

But here's something potentially interesting, and that I can already show before the actual updates:

• the base roster got changed;

The screenpack also got slightly updated to accomodate this change. ;)