YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 2241584 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2401  November 10, 2020, 11:35:19 pm
    • Poland
Oh hi man. What happened to your Mel Masters WIP ?
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#2402  November 11, 2020, 12:08:50 am
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Oh hi man. What happened to your Mel Masters WIP ?

Its there. Nothing is lost. Just now that I have everything stabled I can start to finish it up. I don't think Rajaa is around anymore but Ill contact him when its time for real coding. Right now I am working on a few NES games so I need to make a schedule to work on things. Just everyone got to remember. Mel/Rock was my practice project. Back then I was just learning how to do pixel art and I was very stubborn. Nothing against frankenspriting but that wasn't my thing and I refused to do it lol but any way, ill try my best to be more active here to give back to the community. if it wasn't for this forum as I said, I wouldnt be a pixel artist.,
#2403  January 18, 2021, 08:29:55 pm
    • USA
Hi, I like drawing, video games, and ducks. I also do flips in my mind
sup
#2404  February 06, 2021, 03:36:39 am
  • (^|;|)>[the j]<(|;|^)
  • Are you having cake
    • USA
    • rowser64.neocities.org/mugen.html
Hey all MFG lads, Rowser64 Here, back in 2008 or 09 if i remember, my first exposure to the engine was a old 240p video of a fight between Godzilla and Barney if i remember, and i was obsessed with watching mugen fights videos and it was until 2012 or 13 if i remember.
I finally downloaded it on my mom's old laptop that I've punched the screen in fall of 2014 and got a windows 8.1 Asus laptop on Christmas of 2014 and gave up mugen in 2015 or 16 if i remember.
that wasn't until 2018, that I return to mugen with my love and passion of dumb fights as the one Mr. Braven that can summon Spade X Dail Fan Art (no joke, mugen is a game about Miracles) vs Overexaggeration Man.
March 2019 is where I started to made my own content for the engine besides my awful spriteswap crap that stayed on my mom's dead screen laptop, with my first ever stage i made was Canada THPS3, My Edit being a dumb as hell experiment with Sad Claps using the sadclaps code from taken his Saltypedia page.
and then july of 2020, My windows 8.1 Asus laptop on christmas of 2014 just died.
But wait you thought i was done, that Christmas of 2020, I've finally got a new Lenovo Laptop and I'm still making mugen content as well as making my first non-edited char. and I've finally came here with the MFG Lads where I could share my content to everyone here.
#2405  February 11, 2021, 03:57:30 pm
    • Mexico
Hola Gran Comunidad de Mugen!!!

Mi nombre de cuenta es Nalid_CH y el real es Lilly.... (Es una larga historia)
mi historia comienza en el año 2016 en un subforo de La Fundacion SCP, tanto amigos como usuarios empezaron a hablar de un juego donde literalmente puedes poner a Homero Simp-son y a Seya a madrearse entre ellos hasta la muerte. en fin, me interesó bastante que pensé que se trataba de un juego "oficial" al estilo smash pero con variedad.
asi que me lo descargue y por un momento creí que todos los personajes estaban ya puestos en el juego y me dije: de seguro es una tremenda paja para descargar y poner a los personajes, aunque despues me retracte de lo que dije al ver que era lo mas facil que he hecho en un juego que hasta incluso me sentí todo un programador jajaja.
en fin, desde ese momento me adentré al mundo del mugen, pero por un tiempo no quise relacionarme con la comunidad como hacerme una cuenta en algun forum dedicado a mugen o algo por el estilo. aunque despues de un buen ratito me entraron las ganas de crear mi propio char y me puse a investigar, hubo un momento en donde me dije: de seguro debe ser TAN facil crear un char y que no tendría algun problema por crearlo....
Pobre de mi al saber que para crear un char necesitarias: saber algun tipo de lenguaje de programador, tecnica al crear los sprites, etc.
me desanime y deje mi proyecto para siempre... Hasta ahora. ya  que pase mi tiempo libre estudiando todo lo que un char necesita, hasta incluso practique mi pixel art (aunque no es muy bueno :I) y si alguien me pudiera dar algunos consejos, le daria muchas gracias por tomarse la molestia de esceñarle a un tonto como yo.
#2406  February 17, 2021, 11:08:15 am
    • Malaysia
Hello Im new here , I once played Mugen , wanted to play mugen again
#2407  March 14, 2021, 04:14:11 pm
  • Sporadic Content Creator, Meme Lord
  • Drops hot every once in a while.
A WILD JSTUDIOS2K HAS APPEARED--WAIT WRONG COMMAND--

MUGEN's quite an interesting lot, really. As a guy who watches too much fighting game tournaments, I finally took the chance to join the Guild for sporadic bursts of content. Used to watch it on Youtube back then (ah, the memories), baffled as to how the heck cartoon characters and some other randoms fight each other to the death. Oh well.

Expect POTS edits (yes, I'm quite a lazy programmer).

I've "crash landed" here. I've an Instagram account (that I barely post on) and a relatively new Youtube channel. If there is anything of interest, I'll be there looking out for it. Peace out.
JStudios2k. Always has been.
#2408  April 09, 2021, 11:39:51 pm
  • True Believer
    • USA
Hi there! I'm Klio! (they/them)

Over the past couple of years, I've gotten way into fighting games in general, which in turn led to a growing obsession with MUGEN. The sheer variety of stuff that had been made and continues to be made for it is astounding, especially given that original dev support has been absent for years. In fact, I fell so in love with what MUGEN could do that I kinda became frustrated with what it couldn't. And while I always had ideas to develop content for it, the learning curve for actually being able to do that always daunted me - never mind the prospect of trying to push boundaries or debug any creations with a closed-source engine. However, the advent of IKEMEN changed all that, and looking at all the improvements and new features it brings to the table, I finally decided that "late" was better than "never".

So here I am! This is the first time I've ever jumped into a MUGEN-centric community, so I probably won't be too present for a while as I try to get a feel for things. But eventually I want to help y'all make and enjoy more awesome stuff!
http://pronoun.is/they/.../themself ✯ i don't have any binery ✯ strawberries are poggers ✯ pixel miscreant in training
#2409  April 10, 2021, 02:08:38 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Welcome everyone. Hope you all have a great time here!
#2410  April 25, 2021, 10:40:03 pm
    • France
Hello everyone,
I'm zobdos, my interest for fighting games appeared in 2014-15 when a friend an me got a abandonware version of SSF2X, and played 1v1 on a laptop keyboard between classes.
I bought USF4, started grinding, went into an arcade, got utterly SMASHED, never went back again. As a developper, I started a browser based combat game during unemployment, but it didn't last long and today I tell myself I could have made the Tough Love Arena of 2016 lol.

Now I do not want to code out of work hours, and with the arrival of IKEMEN, I saw an occasion of creating something simple I could play with friends while we are separated.
I designed 4 characters picturing me and 3 friends, I hope i will finish it...! Fantasy strike and tough love arena inspired me to make a simple gameplay for these characters with 2 attack buttons + 1 throw  + 1 super, no crouching but jumping attacks (+ 1 bonus of a sort, maybe)
I made a shoto, a grappler, a rushdown and a big risk/big reward character. For now I'm training with a low res Ken to grasp how creating MUGEN char works.
I'm trying to create it with the less sprites possible because I will have to draw all 4 characters myself.

Nowadays I play mainly Fantasy Strike, Street Fighter V and Dragon ball Fighter Z. I enjoy soul calibur and blaze blue, some dbz hyperfighting and Tough Love Arena, but it remains very occasional.

Amy

#2411  April 25, 2021, 10:55:27 pm
  • Ignorin'U
    • Switzerland
    • network.mugenguild.com/amysden/index.html
Hello everyone,
I'm zobdos, my interest for fighting games appeared in 2014-15 when a friend an me got a abandonware version of SSF2X, and played 1v1 on a laptop keyboard between classes.
I bought USF4, started grinding, went into an arcade, got utterly SMASHED, never went back again. As a developper, I started a browser based combat game during unemployment, but it didn't last long and today I tell myself I could have made the Tough Love Arena of 2016 lol.

Now I do not want to code out of work hours, and with the arrival of IKEMEN, I saw an occasion of creating something simple I could play with friends while we are separated.
I designed 4 characters picturing me and 3 friends, I hope i will finish it...! Fantasy strike and tough love arena inspired me to make a simple gameplay for these characters with 2 attack buttons + 1 throw  + 1 super, no crouching but jumping attacks (+ 1 bonus of a sort, maybe)
I made a shoto, a grappler, a rushdown and a big risk/big reward character. For now I'm training with a low res Ken to grasp how creating MUGEN char works.
I'm trying to create it with the less sprites possible because I will have to draw all 4 characters myself.

Nowadays I play mainly Fantasy Strike, Street Fighter V and Dragon ball Fighter Z. I enjoy soul calibur and blaze blue, some dbz hyperfighting and Tough Love Arena, but it remains very occasional.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!
#2412  April 29, 2021, 11:23:32 pm
    • USA
yo
#2413  May 23, 2021, 12:14:23 am
  • $-$**Dreaming**$-$
    • South Korea
    • https://blog.naver.com/PostList.naver?blogId=blood72&from=postList&categoryNo=159
Hi guys ^^
Zaza here. Wasnt playing much mugen (and most mmo gaming too) due to study and work but I'm back now with extra time on my schedule and looking forward to catching up on mugen.
Ive seen some amazing creations on youtube from some of you guys that i used to follow so i look forward to getting my mugen build going again!
Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 11:15:23 pm by Zazamyon2
#2414  July 31, 2021, 07:08:18 am
  • Freelance Artist
    • USA
Hello there~ Not sure how overly Active i'd like to be here but I was looking for an active place to Just Ramble and Talk about things i'll work on over time.

Soren Kisamora here~ While i've watched Mugen betting sites for a handful of years now [ Salty Bets, then Sprite Club once I found out about them and them just being a better experience] I started making Mugen content only about a Year or so ago during a Character Jam SC was holding. Especially as i'm an Artist and am really getting into this whole Spriting thing for my projects. Hopefully I make something that interests Folks to look at over time~ [currently 3 Characters- an AI patch and 2 Edits, but I am almost done with my 4th right now].
#2415  August 13, 2021, 04:50:20 am
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
I'M AUTISTIC, THAT'LL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING. I SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT EARLIER.
#2416  October 12, 2021, 04:15:58 am
    • Brazil
Hi. I am Enzo from brazil. I have some experience on pixel art and I'm pretty new to the Mugen community.

I am here in hopes of making a POTSish edit of Miranda, the main boss from Variable Geo. However, I have no idea where to start.
#2417  November 25, 2021, 02:50:34 pm
    • Indonesia
Is it okay to post here, I'm not gonna get banned for Necropost right?
btw, my name's KTeknis, I had toyed with MUGEN before, each using different versions, and now I'm trying IKEMEN GO.
I once used "that controversial website" before to download some stuff, but now apparently I can't access here, error 1020 they said. I think they IP Ban me for inactivity or they found out that I had a second account? I now have to find another way to get some of the character I usually downloaded there, but I think that's for another topic in another section.
I just like to toy around with MUGEN, trying out other chars and typically don't have any vision to my "release". Now I'm trying to my IKEMEN works, for some reason it's kinda unstable and prone to "not responding".
PS: That's a lot of Verification question to register and make a post that it feels like I'm doing an exam. I heard that there was some spam attack before so I guess this is to try to avoid it?
#2418  November 26, 2021, 06:44:42 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

It's fine to necro here. Plus you won't be banned if it's your first time doing something wrong, you'd get a warning. The verification thing is probably to avoid bots.

Anyway, welcome and have fun!

#2419  January 05, 2022, 04:24:23 am
    • Malaysia
Lol. Been on a long hiatus with Mugen until urge came back a month ago. Nice verifications btw. I am just one of those ppl who enjoys fighting games in general and mugen always been my so called fantasy fighting game come to life scenario. Love the verifications XD

Mog

#2420  March 01, 2022, 02:16:49 pm
Greetings community, my name is Mog