Started by Magma MK-II, December 06, 2018, 01:30:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KoF XV
#1061  May 15, 2021, 05:19:54 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Ironically, Kyo and Iori are going to wind up missing a KOF before them, as they almost did in KOF 99. People love these characters THAT much. Even if it is unlikely to happen, people would enjoy it, I'm pretty sure about that. It would give them some development after 20+ years of being static.
And where are you coming from?
People love Terry, Ryo, Athena, Mai, etc.

It just means they're going to show up in KOF because people will cry if they don't.

Still doesn't mean they will have any relevance to the overall plot.

Okay, that’s twice that you’ve not understood my point. How much clearer do I have to be? I’m not saying that they are ever going to have story relevance, but rather that people would love it if they actually did, for once. Doesn’t mean SNK is actually going to try it. I don’t know where in both of my posts you confused me for straight up saying that they’re going to have actual roles in the story this time around. The most I said was that it would be cool and people would love it.

Though I understand your point, like what Darkflare said: It ain't going to happen any time soon sadly.

Even though Kyo & Iori are extremely popular, their story arcs have canonically ended in 1997 (with the defeat of Orochi.)
K' ended in 2001 by defeating Igniz and Ash finished his in XIII.
The only factor that is driving them to keep their spots on the roster (except Ash, since he's canonically wiped from history) is their popularity.

Unless Geese comes back for Terry, Mr. Big for Ryo and etc, none of those characters have anything relevant in the current KOF's story line (AKA Shun'ei's).
That's why Team Hero is a thing and every other team's endings are non-canon...
#1062  May 15, 2021, 05:53:03 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Okay, now that Leona is in the game.. when do Ralf and Clark appear?
#1063  May 15, 2021, 07:13:54 pm
Random prediction that's gonna be wrong again :
third Women Team fighter next week, then the first character of another team (prolly K' to finish the characters that are in the trailer), and then Ralf and Clark together the week after.
Even though Kyo & Iori are extremely popular, their story arcs have canonically ended in 1997 (with the defeat of Orochi.)
I disagree. They were Ash's target when he was stealing the Sacred Treasures (but then the story veered hard left with Saiki to give Ash a reason to be an anti-hero and somehow forgot what was the point of involving the Sacred Treasures, but in 03 and XI they were front and center with Ash as the villain), and in XIV they stopped Orochi's return in a cutscene, leading directly into XV with CYS and the Sacred Treasures reforming. Story-wise they're obviously teaming up to watch over team Orochi, so if something happens, they'll be on the front line again.
They're relevant and present in the story as poster boys of the franchise and people are still after them, although now they have become the macguffin themselves. We'll see if they actually do something in XV and if the Orochi team is also given a real point beside satisfying fan demands.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 07:29:16 pm by Byakko
#1064  May 15, 2021, 08:24:13 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#1065  May 15, 2021, 10:18:33 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Ironically, Kyo and Iori are going to wind up missing a KOF before them, as they almost did in KOF 99. People love these characters THAT much. Even if it is unlikely to happen, people would enjoy it, I'm pretty sure about that. It would give them some development after 20+ years of being static.
And where are you coming from?
People love Terry, Ryo, Athena, Mai, etc.

It just means they're going to show up in KOF because people will cry if they don't.

Still doesn't mean they will have any relevance to the overall plot.

Okay, that’s twice that you’ve not understood my point. How much clearer do I have to be? I’m not saying that they are ever going to have story relevance, but rather that people would love it if they actually did, for once. Doesn’t mean SNK is actually going to try it. I don’t know where in both of my posts you confused me for straight up saying that they’re going to have actual roles in the story this time around. The most I said was that it would be cool and people would love it.
And my point was that you should take that dream of any non KOF-OC character having plot relevance in KOF and shoot it.

I disagree. They were Ash's target when he was stealing the Sacred Treasures (but then the story veered hard left with Saiki to give Ash a reason to be an anti-hero and somehow forgot what was the point of involving the Sacred Treasures, but in 03 and XI they were front and center with Ash as the villain),

I was under the impression that Ash stole the treasures to power himself up to take on Saiki when he inevitably betrayed him.
#1066  May 15, 2021, 10:52:38 pm
Yeah, that's how it ended, but there was nothing in that power up that had anything to do with the Sacred Treasures. It could have been anything else. In the 03 and XI endings where he steals Chizuru"s and Iori's powers, and promises to come for Kyo next, it looked like the treasures would be actually relevant to what he was doing (especially after 03 made a point of showing what the mirror could do by creating Kusanagi and Maki, more story relevance that got wasted), and then it turns out he just needed a big power source that could have been anything and the Sacred Treasures happened to be there, and then Kyo's Treasure was ignored (did the sword even play a role in the defeat of Saiki ? I don't remember anything beside beating him up). That's why I said they ended up as a simple macguffin.
They even made flameless Iori which was a cool concept (ugly ass moves though beside the new Ya Otome and Yatagarasu) and in XII it looked like it would actually have a lasting effect, but then literally nothing happened and they even wiped Ash out of existence and rewound it all back. It's like they had two and a half cool ideas but couldn't figure out how to make them work together and then just dropped half of it to wrap it up (and that was when they made XII as half of what they wanted then XIII as the full game and they had to finish up everything before shutting down again).
And I'm not even counting the entire team of "those from the past" that were teased with Mukai but then straight up vanished without doing shit because they came up with them but then never actually used them (I think there's a chick who interferes with Magaki or Shion and that's it ? No ?).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 11:00:41 pm by Byakko
#1067  May 15, 2021, 11:38:31 pm
    • Mexico
And my point was that you should take that dream of any non KOF-OC character having plot relevance in KOF and shoot it.

Oh, you were just being a dick about it then. Kind of unnecessary to even reply to me in the first place then, could've just left me to my wild dreaming or something, but you do you.
#1068  May 16, 2021, 12:41:18 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
And you my friend, are very welcome.

Yeah, that's how it ended, but there was nothing in that power up that had anything to do with the Sacred Treasures. It could have been anything else. In the 03 and XI endings where he steals Chizuru"s and Iori's powers, and promises to come for Kyo next, it looked like the treasures would be actually relevant to what he was doing (especially after 03 made a point of showing what the mirror could do by creating Kusanagi and Maki, more story relevance that got wasted), and then it turns out he just needed a big power source that could have been anything and the Sacred Treasures happened to be there, and then Kyo's Treasure was ignored (did the sword even play a role in the defeat of Saiki ? I don't remember anything beside beating him up). That's why I said they ended up as a simple macguffin.
They even made flameless Iori which was a cool concept (ugly ass moves though beside the new Ya Otome and Yatagarasu) and in XII it looked like it would actually have a lasting effect, but then literally nothing happened and they even wiped Ash out of existence and rewound it all back. It's like they had two and a half cool ideas but couldn't figure out how to make them work together and then just dropped half of it to wrap it up (and that was when they made XII as half of what they wanted then XIII as the full game and they had to finish up everything before shutting down again).
And I'm not even counting the entire team of "those from the past" that were teased with Mukai but then straight up vanished without doing shit because they came up with them but then never actually used them (I think there's a chick who interferes with Magaki or Shion and that's it ? No ?).

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a story to connect it all better in the beginning but changed it in the end due to the time it took them between game releases (Especially the 5 year gap between XI and XIII). The members of TFTP definitely got shafted in representation since half their grouo was basically "they exist" and that was it.
But if we want to talk about missed potential, there's the dragon power with Kensou and Bao and how Ash Saga completely ignored it and they just remembered "oh yea, that's a thing".
Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:47:35 am by Darkflare
#1069  May 19, 2021, 04:05:08 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Raft and Clark?  :juggle:
Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 04:10:54 am by yaret
#1070  May 19, 2021, 04:12:14 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
That or Clark is packing that Sieger arm.
#1071  May 19, 2021, 04:29:08 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
It's a hooded Duck King holding a spray-can.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1072  May 19, 2021, 04:32:21 am
  • Raging Fist
Man you got it all wrong!
This is Geese Howard in Bartender goose mode! (Left side is a drink mixer, right side is a head with a smallish beak)
#1073  May 19, 2021, 03:58:59 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Well given the trajectory, Ikari Soldiers are going to rock another KOF! Although right now I would love to see any recent faces (from XIV) popup!
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1074  May 19, 2021, 04:10:54 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
What are you guys smoking?

It's a buffed up Alice holding her arm.
#1075  May 19, 2021, 04:17:13 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
We all know it can only be Bao...
#1076  May 19, 2021, 04:49:21 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#1077  May 19, 2021, 08:48:35 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Really obvious, it's Sora from King of Them Hearts.
#1078  May 19, 2021, 08:51:39 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

It's clearly Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
#1079  May 20, 2021, 04:13:17 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
 :nuttrox:
#1080  May 20, 2021, 04:28:10 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Alright, this is not a cameo status at this point - Metal Slug just got fully and officially integrated into a mainline KOF. :wth:

That whole stage is just... so beautiful :qq:
Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 04:47:25 am by NDSilva