YesNoOk

CHUN-LI (Read 50292 times)

Started by Balthazar, April 13, 2014, 04:05:06 pm
Re: Chun-Li, our Chinese heroine
#21  April 14, 2014, 09:51:51 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Putting the Tenshou Kyaku as her target combo is uh I dunno, you can't use the Tenshou as an anti-air anymore like that!
I changed Hienshu into Hazanshu, and got rid of the Crane Leg Drop and made it her two-hit df+MK backflip kick from SFA,
leaving the df+SK cross-up drop kick in place.
Hmmmm leaving Kikoken on the charge command for now :P
Re: CHUN-LI
#22  April 14, 2014, 10:57:41 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
Charge motion for the projectile, please - for those of us who use the keyboard it's the preferable version.
#23  April 14, 2014, 11:17:19 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Charge motion for the projectile, please - for those of us who use the keyboard it's the preferable version.

a Charge move is hard on a keyboard? I use a keyboard and it's the easiest to do on a keyboard compared to anything else. In fact, the only motion I find hard to use on a keyboard is full circle motions.
#24  April 14, 2014, 11:20:50 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
That's what I said :P
#25  April 15, 2014, 12:11:39 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#26  April 15, 2014, 12:22:24 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
So does she have the required sprites for her Senen Shuu?
#27  April 15, 2014, 12:23:36 am
will she have too many moves compared to people like birdie that weren't on that many games
#28  April 15, 2014, 12:52:32 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It's possible she will. All characters will be subject to rebalancing. Once we get to start testing characters they will probably lose and/or gain more moves.
#29  April 15, 2014, 01:03:37 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
You could also opt for another poll to determine which moves of her would be retained or scrapped.
#30  April 15, 2014, 01:10:17 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
what you guys think of this as an EX move?
Chun li moveing fwd with the special
#31  April 15, 2014, 01:11:59 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I personally would like it if she had Tenshokyaku, Spining bird kick, kikoken, HyakuretsuKyaku  and whatever the flipping leg slam is called, always erks me when she doesn't have them all.
#32  April 15, 2014, 01:13:16 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Would it be a poll that allows all options to be chosen? That may work. Still could end up with too many or even too few come testing.

Memo: A lightning leg that slides across the ground? That's pretty much what her offensive comeback mechanic is.

Whiplash- Me too but there are reasons she doesn't always have them all =p
#33  April 15, 2014, 01:17:15 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

Whiplash- Me too but there are reasons she doesn't always have them all =p

honestly the only two debatable moves are the slam and tenshokyaku. Both have valid reasons for being in the game. But having everything could end up giving her more options then the rest of the characters. I don't see why we can't code them all and just remove whichever one  turns out unnecessary.
#34  April 15, 2014, 01:29:18 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
My plan is to put the sprites for everything in the sff/air. I'll focus the coding on what we're going to use but create boot camps for the moves that are not coded. So the coding will be available when needed. The idea is to also help users create their own Street Fighter games. The hope is to have plenty of options that are just for fun outside of a balanced game.
#35  April 15, 2014, 03:58:34 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
OK, first of all, boooooooo charge motion Kikoken. It's dumb and half-circles totally work on keyboards you guys, I use a keyboard! And you can I dunno include an easy .cmd or something with only quarter circle motions for Kikoken and Hazanshu!

I would say to get rid of Tenshokyaku in the final release (and then give Spinning Bird Kick the D, U + k command it stole) because Chun-Li's general gameplay style has evolved to basically be: great speed, amazing normals, bad anti-air. So I'd advocate the same here. And that still leaves the possibility of adding Tenshokyaku as a target combo and stuff!

These are the things that are missing in CvS2 Chun Li:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
There's quite a few other SFIII normals that aren't in CvS, but they're not really gonna have a huge impact on gameplay. Of the two here, the c.MK is not really worth converting IMO. The angled jumping HK, however, has this as its equivalent in CvS2:

the two separate hit nature of this is pretty significantly different gameplay-wise.

So does she have the required sprites for her Senen Shuu?
Yup.

what you guys think of this as an EX move?
Chun li moveing fwd with the special
http://i.imgur.com/N19dutP.gif
I don't think it's really necessary; as of SFIV her EX Hyakuretsukyaku has launched the opponent upwards for juggling. Either adding or exchanging that with the ability to move forward does not seem particularly useful.

I personally would like it if she had Tenshokyaku, Spining bird kick, kikoken, HyakuretsuKyaku  and whatever the flipping leg slam is called, always erks me when she doesn't have them all.
I can only remember two games off the top of my head where she had all of them at once. And they're both by SNK. :-\
#36  April 15, 2014, 04:06:30 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Besides, EX Hyakuretsukyaku in SFIV also included a slight jump forward for easier comboing. It already kinda moves forward, so hah.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#37  April 15, 2014, 04:07:23 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It barely counts! >:[
#38  April 15, 2014, 04:09:03 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
OK, first of all, boooooooo charge motion Kikoken. It's dumb and half-circles totally work on keyboards you guys, I use a keyboard! And you can I dunno include an easy .cmd or something with only quarter circle motions for Kikoken and Hazanshu!

I never said it was hard to do, I just like it more, but that's probably my bias as a guile main :P honestly using the half circle motion doesn't bother me.

I can only remember two games off the top of my head where she had all of them at once. And they're both by SNK. :-\
True enough, that's what erks me, it's like for some reason Capcom doesn't want to give her all her moves, I can understand for balance issues but then I don't even understand why they bother to make the leg slam. But I digress, yeah, going the sf4 route is a good option.

SNT

#39  December 22, 2014, 12:40:52 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
So, SFV footage. Chun Li's got a whole lot of new looking normals and animations. At the risk of necro would it be worth considering some of these for her in this?

Of note:
- new punch normal chain (short three hit combo, special cancelable)
- new low double sweep that leads into Tenshokyaku
- new air special
- new Revenge move (no new sprites per se, but a new concept for a super)
- new charge/activation animation
- that noodle bowl
#40  December 22, 2014, 12:47:26 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
with 60fps YT footage, it should be easier to get the key frames of all those moves as well. :yes: