YesNoOk

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Romhacking thread (sfiii3n) (Read 74283 times)

Started by Yoshin222, October 30, 2020, 06:16:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Romhacking thread (sfiii3n)
#21  December 26, 2020, 06:19:40 pm
Here's my struct file, I barely translated anything so it's not of much use for now: http://www.filedropper.com/struct
I think it will get deleted after some time so you might want to reupload it to mediafire like you did with the other programs.

Anyways here's a quick rundown on how to replace Alex's neutral/forward throw with his Stun Gun Headbutt.

1) First you should follow all the steps from my previous post to get stirling setup and ready to edit.

2) Once you pick Alex from the drop down menu you have to expand the line that says "NormalTechniqueDetails". I assume these are all Alex's normal attacks (LP, MP, HP, etc) and such, including his throws.

3) Expand the line that says "NThrow(BeforeThrowAction)", which is his neutral/forward throw. I think the "BeforeThrowAction" part means that this is his throw attempt.

4) Expand the line that says "Jump_ThrowTechnique". I don't know why there are 2 lines with the same name, but you have to expand the first one. I also don't know why it's called "Jump_" since it's a grounded throw.

5) Go to "ListTechniqueNumber" and replace "0x0017" with "0x000E". "17" would be the ID for his neutral/forward throw if it connects, while "0E" would be the ID for his Stun Gun Headbutt if it connects.

Before:

After:

6) Save changes, encrypt with XCOPY and replace the file in your rom. Your emulator will probably give you a warning message, just skip it and test the change.

Here's the final result:

Like I said before it's a matter of translating and documenting these things to get better results. Cool stuff could come from this with proper research.

Also, Merry Christmas you too!
#22  March 13, 2021, 08:35:17 am
    • USA
    • melongod@gmail.com
The thread of my dreams. This is great info, been searching for 3S info like this for years.
DREAMS... DON'T DIE
#23  October 29, 2021, 04:14:27 pm
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Been a while since stuff was posted! Kind of an offshoot of Romhacking but ABSOLUTELY something interesting
Was making a conversion Lua Script for Red Earth and decided to try and edit it to work with 3S with some bells and whistles, and came to make this

More stuff to be added down the line, but even getting converted Velocities that work, at least as far as i can tell, 1-1 with Mugen makes data collection MUCH easier. First thing to go is probably the position stuff for CPS3 since it's not really useful, and the addresses can be found by just adding UID data to the Player ya want anyway. Lemme know what kinda things would be useful and i'll keep it in mind!
Link
https://pastebin.com/NDPKB2hQ
#24  February 24, 2022, 11:28:19 pm
    • UK
We live!!!
As a fun test, ported over False Wings from Red Earth in to 3S

Here are the Sample IDs i've been able to find for both games
3S Sample IDs
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Red Earth Sample IDs
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 12:58:50 am by Yoshin222
#25  February 28, 2022, 06:58:08 pm
  • Wandering....
Is It possible to just simply update the level stock for low tier Super Arts.

Like increasing max stock and also shortening some of the gauge

Kinda like simple rebalance yet everything else plays the same
#26  March 01, 2022, 12:58:17 am
    • UK
Sure, should be in the struct in the first post if ya do some digging
#27  March 01, 2022, 08:46:32 am
  • Wandering....
thanks man