YesNoOk

The spriters bounty thread. (more details in thread)  (Read 1083475 times)

Started by Kamekaze, August 22, 2014, 01:16:12 am
Re: The spriters bounty thread. (more details in thread)
#261  July 10, 2022, 11:12:11 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
alright, before I set up a bounty, how much would a full MvC-styled sprite sheet cost if the only sprite reference I can give is one singular MvC-styled sprite as well as a NES sprite sheet?

the answer to that question would help me decide if it's worth setting up a bounty or not
the character in question would be Wind Man from Mega Man 6, but in the same style as the Mega Man in MvC
still never got an exact answer to that question
and as long as I don't get an exact answer to that question, I can't decide if it's worth setting up a bounty or not
after all, knowing the price for something as ultra specific as this is of upmost importance, since...ya know...money doesn't grow on trees...
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 11:22:25 am by TrinitroRoy
#262  July 10, 2022, 02:06:37 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Walt already gave you a reply. It was "around" the price because obviously, not every spriter has the same quality and thus, price :/
I swear there was something cool here!!
#263  July 10, 2022, 03:50:41 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
if you're talking about this reply:
Starting at $500, but to achieve Capcom Styled Proportions you'd need a very talented illustrator, which might be pricier.

What character do you have in mind?
then he also asked me what character I had in mind, so...I thought that maybe that would somehow change the price range...ya know, due to how overly specific it is...
===My discord servers===

#264  July 10, 2022, 05:48:09 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Well he asked you in that way in order to likely help you relate to people what it is that you even wanted.

After looking at your posts:

It seems that you want Windman from Megaman 6 - fair enough
In MVC style - fair enough
there is no bounty to claim set up to negotiate though and that is what this thread is about

If no one has contacted you in that time, it means that there is no one in this thread that is ether interested in the project or wants to work with you.
Happens all the time.

I have been on both sides of commissioning and being commissioned, so far though with the posts you have made about it gives me the feeling that you will likely be cheap about payment.
I could be entirely wrong but that is the feeling I get from the posts and I am giving you insight to help you.
Spriter's have to deal with unrealistic demands all the time and don't want to waste time on people that will try to be cheap, annoying, demanding or try to find faults and micro manage others... basically the stresses of being beholden to someone else.

You are the one that "wants the thing" the responsibility of being as accommodating as possible is on you and unless you are offering a ton of money, no one is going to jump on a full project.
Sometimes full sprite sheets can take years at a time, sometimes a few months, both require a commitment and you have to incentivize that commitment or people will feel trapped and disappear, especially if you are not lucky enough to find someone driven because they like your character on top of being paid.

Be realistic, make an offer, if someone is interested they will take the job or counter offer... otherwise the shit is not going to get done.
#265  July 12, 2022, 06:55:12 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
...well, that's true, you definitely have a point there...

...sadly, the reality of the situation is that I already have trouble rounding up the minimum $500, so if I come of as cheap, it's because I...just can't seem to earn enough money to actually afford anything above $500, and sadly, there's nothing I can do about that, especially considering I can't allow myself to be picky with the real life jobs I can work for...
===My discord servers===

#266  July 13, 2022, 01:15:54 am
Man, please, don't blame yourself. RL is hard as Hell, life is expensive and salaries are not that high everywhere. I know how hard is to round money. BUt please, don't be hard with you.
#267  September 24, 2022, 06:06:54 am
    • USA
Commissioner DrewDos
Character: SF3 Sheng Long
Commissioning: Assistance with Sprite Set

Posting another commission for my dream character. Per my prior post, I'm working on modifying the CPS3 version of 3rd Strike for a hack and I want to try to place a character or two in the game. Sagat is already commissioned but I'm looking for more assistance to get Sheng Long. Please PM if interested [ *EDIT* you can PM me contact details to respond back to as I cant respond to PMs : (  ] . Most of the sprites will be a sprite edit of an existing Shotokan character in the game, so the price point is lower than my prior commission but negotiable to get the character done.

Reference material is from the EGM Spoof:

Here is what YoshinPixels has created so far. Would be great to be able to extend this sprite:

Style: Street Fighter 3 Style
Price Range: 15$ to $20 per sprite edit. It can be more, or less. Not sure exactly what the price is going for but I am willing to work through whoever is interested to get the character done.
Time Frame: 6 months
Bounty Status: CLAIMED
Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 07:23:26 am by drewdos
#268  September 24, 2022, 05:41:20 pm
  • DETECTIVE ARRIVING ON THE SCENE
    • USA
Commissioner DrewDos
Character: SF3 Sheng Long
Commissioning: Assistance with Sprite Set

Posting another commission for my dream character. Per my prior post, I'm working on modifying the CPS3 version of 3rd Strike for a hack and I want to try to place a character or two in the game. Sagat is already commissioned but I'm looking for more assistance to get Sheng Long. Please PM if interested. Most of the sprites will be a sprite edit of an existing Shotokan character in the game, so the price point is lower than my prior commission but negotiable to get the character done.

Reference material is from the EGM Spoof:

Here is what YoshinPixels has created so far. Would be great to be able to extend this sprite:

Style: Street Fighter 3 Style
Price Range: 15$ to $20 per sprite edit. It can be more, or less. Not sure exactly what the price is going for but I am willing to work through whoever is interested to get the character done.
Time Frame: 6 months
Bounty Status: Pending

Having trouble DMing (I think its cuz im new to this forum : ( ) But I would love to help make this a reality! HMU @wensmahvel on twitter and lets figure something out! I love what I've seen of your work and would love to collaborate with you!
#269  November 06, 2022, 03:27:05 am
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
Character: Mignon Beart
Commissioning: Full sheet (with edit of stand animation from previous commission and existing Chuchoryu animations if possible)

I'm looking to expand my Mignon Beart stand animation commission into a full spritesheet to funnel into a CvS styled character.

Style: CvS

References: Stand animation in MI2

Edited Troy99 commissioned stand animation

Price Range: No preference, I'm open to hearing any number. Per animation pricing is preferred though!

Time Frame: n/a, but regular updates would be appreciated.

BOUNTY STATUS: Unclaimed
Spriter: n/a
Status: On Hold (troy99 pulled out of this and we worked out a different comm, need another artist)

Bumping this bounty, since people have done similar before. Do let me know if I shouldn't though!

I reeeaaaally wanna get the ball rolling on this project...
#270  November 07, 2022, 11:00:06 pm
  • The Honorable Artist
  • Honor's my Code and Pixel Art is my Heart
    • USA
    • https://discord.com/invite/squaregaming
Honestly doesnt seem like there are alot of artist out here anymore if you look at the thread most of these bounties have gone unclaimed.
Or that we, spriters, have our own agenda. Or that we, spriters, have a real life to attend to. Or that we, spriters, consider certain words insulting or that our talent is not valued because someone wants a sheet in hd with 3000 frames for 30€/$ the whole thing. Have u considered this? Thanks.

i feel you took that real personal, but to answer your question yes i have considered that since i have had requests here and there and never lowballed anyone infact any artist i have dealt with i let them tell me what their services cost. I get there are dickheads who want cheap prices and super fast turn around. but there are artists who are dicks and take shortcuts for big money, basically assholes on both sides So no need to be pissy. i stand by my earlier statement it "Seemed" like there was a lack of artist

Hey for some reason it is not allowing me to respond back to your DM, could you add me on Discord Honor#0001 I found your recent post to quote it and repsond
#271  November 09, 2022, 11:08:08 pm
Hey for some reason it is not allowing me to respond back to your DM,

You can't because you don't have enough posts (10 posts needed); it's to fight spam and to stop people who register here to derail/harass people. There have been cases of this happening.
#272  November 14, 2022, 05:46:42 am
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
Character: Fiolina Germi
Commissioning: Edit of Chuchoryu's Fio Germi spriteset to fit NicotineFist's Fio design (and potentially some additional animations/anim frames)

I'm looking for an artist to edit Chuchoryu's Fio Germi sprites to fit the palette and design of NicotineFist's Fio sprite.
I have attempted to convert a few sprites to the new design myself, and have notes of the differences:
Spoiler: "Notes on converting chuchoryu Fio sprites to NicotineFist's design, copied from Discord" (click to see content)

I may also ask for additional animation frames or new animations. This isn't required immediately, but if you are  open to including this, I'd be happy to discuss it, as well as payment increases to compensate.

References: Standing animation (sprite by NicotineFist, animated by Troy99 and myself)

Gun fire animation with the same desired design (by Troy99)

Original chuchoryu stand animation, tor reference of original spritesheet

Price: Somewhere in the neighborhood of $100-300 if we're going one-shot pricing, but I'm open to per-anim prices.

Spriter: majority n/a, walk anim claimed by DrPotem
Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:36:01 pm by Dawn de Era
#273  January 13, 2023, 02:03:14 am
    • USA
Character: Hibiki Takane
Commissioning: Intro and Wins (Normal Version)

References:

Description: CvS2 consisted of "Psychotic Hibiki," but I wanted to add Hibiki's normal and sane gestures to the sff as well.

Price Range: Negotiable
Time Range: No time limit

Bounty Status: Unclaimed
Spriter: Unknown
#274  January 13, 2023, 02:40:57 am
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

These sure look impressive.  :o
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#275  January 14, 2023, 04:56:38 am
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
Character: Patricia Wagon
Commissioning: Most normals, most gethits, and guarding sprites

I was originally gonna go for posting in the Spritesheet Expansion Thread, but looking at just how much I actually need, I figured it would be really dickish to try to get this much for free. I have just about everything else required for a character, including almost every required, every special, and every hyper. All I need to really get the project going is most of the normals, most gethits, and guarding sprites. I can use an existing animation from standing hard kick, and might be able to stretch the current spritesheet for standing low gethits and possibly the first frames of standing high gethits and falling.

Style: Mighty Switch Force!

References: Standing animation

Price: I would love to go for $20 per animation, but I am absolutely prepared to pay more.

Spriter: n/a
#276  March 03, 2023, 12:40:39 am
    • USA
Character: Dan Hibiki

Commissioning: Taunts (SvC MOTM, SvC Chaos, SF5), SF5 Idle and Danretsuken in the style of his CvS/CvS2 sprites

I would like to get some if not all of these converted to the style, to make a more complete Dan, as I feel his cvs2 set is very limited, especially in terms of his taunts.

References:

(the 3 unique animations from SvC Chaos's Super Taunt)

(the end part to the punch where he kneels on the ground, since the punch itself is already converted)

Taunts - (1:05 to 1:07) (1:10 to 1:12) (1:15 to 1:16) (1:18 to 1:20) (1:22 to 1:24)
Danretsuken - (3:24 and the HK and EX after punches since MP version is just a normal punch)
Additive Kick in EX Dankukyaku (3:55 to 3:57)

Price: Negotiable but reasonable, though I know the SF5 conversions are going to be pricier

Time Frame: Take your time, I prefer quality

Status: SvC MOTM and SvC Chaos Taunts, and the SvC Chaos Punch have been claimed, the rest still need to be done
Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 04:20:31 am by Nate
#277  July 24, 2023, 07:02:56 pm
    • USA
Character: Chun-Li

Commissioning: SF3 Hoyokusen

I wanted to commission her Hoyokusen from SF3 to SFA Style (A-ISM & X-ISM)
Mostly need the lighting kicks

References:

Price: Negotiable

Time Frame: Infinite

#278  July 25, 2023, 12:44:33 am
I remember I did those long ago. Different stuff, sorry!
Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 02:46:15 am by FeLo_Llop
#279  July 25, 2023, 02:45:47 am
    • USA
#280  July 25, 2023, 02:58:56 am
I remember I did those long ago.

Really??? Do you still have them?

My mistake, Scramble. I did a very messy and terrible(my beginings!) version of SBK for athletic outfit. And those frames were awesomely done later by someone(I don't know if it were you or who). But I know I've seen Hoyokusen. I used to have a folder with stuff and I'd swear those were in. I'll investigate.