YesNoOk

We want YOU to join the community project. (Read 52695 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 02, 2014, 03:42:03 pm
Re: We want YOU to join the community project.
#41  April 14, 2014, 04:41:56 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
@Loona: have you seen any of this? Are you retired now?

I've only just seen this, thanks for remembering me - I have a bit of reading to do about the project before committing to anything.
Also, I'm far more of an SNK guy and this appears to be a mostly SF project, so Dan or guest characters are bound to be more appealing.
I guess I could give a hand with general testing and coding - SFFv2 appears to have a lot of interesting features, but I'm yet to read about how to get them to work, not to mention testing them a bit, so it's trickier to commit to related tasks at this point.
#42  April 14, 2014, 06:46:09 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Hey, I was just wondering who you were planning to have code guile? since every character is going to be based on Ryu it would be a long ways off but I would really enjoy helping with him and/or Bison. (But mostly Guile)

I can also help with sprites, but I can't freehand very well.

At the very least I would like to help Test.
Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:50:36 pm by -Whiplash-
#43  April 15, 2014, 03:12:31 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
@Loona: You don't have to do a whole lot different while making a sff with sffv2

Just that you can now have a palette for the character, a unique pal for each effect, etc They do not have to share the 256 color limitation with each other.

I know you're more into KOF but I remembered you being interested in helping clean SF sprites from CVS2 so I was reaching because I'm desperate for more sff creators XD

If you decide you're not interested that's cool. No obligations. If you know someone that might be interested please send them this way!

Whiplash: I have no idea who'll be coding Guile and/or Bison :P
I don't even know when they'll be on the table! But as soon as they are I'll call you here. And I'll be calling you for sprite work and testing too! Thanks for your interest!
#44  April 15, 2014, 03:45:53 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Whiplash: I have no idea who'll be coding Guile and/or Bison :P
I don't even know when they'll be on the table! But as soon as they are I'll call you here. And I'll be calling you for sprite work and testing too! Thanks for your interest!

Sure thing. My only beef is the SFF, I hate those things, while I'm more then willing to do the AIR file, CNS, CMD and whatever else, the SFF is like torture to me.

When you get the template character done and work out all the kinks I guess would be the best time to contact me about Guile, (or before, IDK, I'm just glad I finally bothered learning how to code so I can make my own stuff, there are quite a few characters I want to make, but that's going to happen over the summer.) anyway, yeah, though I am a halfway decent frankenspriter and I can do some basic work, I'm no where near as talented as Felo, so please don't be expecting something like that. I can do minor things though. I really hope this project goes somewhere. One day, if all goes well and we put Cody, Necro, Guile, Makoto, Akuma, Gouken, Bison, Urien, Alex, Vega, Karin and Ken I'll never have reason to play any other street fighter with my friends ever again. :p That's years off though.
#45  April 15, 2014, 03:49:20 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I hope it gets that far too. I'd love it if no one ever had to make a Street Fighter sff again by making a bunch of solid characters with universal sff organization. Just building onto the already existing sff and air files.
#46  April 15, 2014, 06:44:58 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
@Loona: You don't have to do a whole lot different while making a sff with sffv2

Just that you can now have a palette for the character, a unique pal for each effect, etc They do not have to share the 256 color limitation with each other.

There process of making that distiction when compiling an SFF is what I'd have to learn first.

It used to be just a matter of feeding sprmaker.exe a text file assigning each PCX image coordinates and group numbers - now there's something else.

I guess that's where Fighter Factory can help, but I never used it.
I read this project is using FF3, but last I checked the program's site it mentioned Fighter Factory Ultimate - is there any significant dufference I should be aware of?

I know you're more into KOF but I remembered you being interested in helping clean SF sprites from CVS2 so I was reaching because I'm desperate for more sff creators XD

If you decide you're not interested that's cool. No obligations. If you know someone that might be interested please send them this way!

I recall helpingto clean Ryuhyaku Todoh sprites ages ago on a version of Windows thar ran PSP3, which no longer applies a I wonder what's free and simple to get to grips with for the task nowadays.

I'm preparing to change countries, so in the immediate future I don't think dabbling in Mugen is a likely option, but I'll keep an eye on this for now.
#47  April 15, 2014, 07:00:16 pm
#48  April 16, 2014, 10:33:26 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Is it too late to join? I can code and beta test/also design. I can come up with an idea for the SP if you must.
#49  April 16, 2014, 11:24:20 am
#50  April 17, 2014, 11:47:04 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Folks, you'll need mesomeone to create stages for this project. And I do them in the old school way, not using FF :)

You give me sprites, I give you stages. Deal?

I can also provide some ideas and eventual testing
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#51  April 17, 2014, 12:43:41 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I started revamping Classic Dhalsim's from SF2 :P

Look at the stages topic in this subforum  ;)
I swear there was something cool here!!
#52  April 17, 2014, 08:04:33 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
Dhalsim stage... now there's a character I could get interested in, especially if the "far" normals are the default, and considering the Marvel Vs stuff that's not in the actual SF games, yet could still be used...

If you don't have FF3 download it here (when you can): http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/fighter-factory-3-0-final-release-preview-v2-137126.0.html

I find it odd that they didn't upload this new and better version of FF in their site.

Nice, thanks - seems pretty complete, with image editing included in the package.
I'm just not finding any reference to SFFv2 specifics though - I've noticed a window to mess around with palettes, so perhaps that is the key, but this may require further reading to fully grasp.

I do wish there was a way to signal if a sprite in the SFF is already used by the .AIR file - I have this SFF that I compiled ages ago and could be a nice way to practice using the tool, but this one handy feature isn't automated, and the code for animations can only be seen for individual animations, not for the whole file, where searching for an SFF sprite ID would be useful.
#53  April 17, 2014, 08:12:59 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You can view the entire air file in text by going to Animation at the top and clicking "text mode". And yeah, it's really just the palette making you have to learn for sffv2. The rest is used in coding.

XG: That's great to hear! I've always been scared to death of trying to rip stage animations though :P Guess I'll have to overcome that fear pretty soon!
#54  April 20, 2014, 01:59:57 am
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
Throwing my name in the hat for general graphic miscellany. An animation here or there, random sprite touch up, screenpack-y bits. Basically, backseat for now until something screams out to me. My plate is almost too full at the moment for any major involvement, but I can't stay away from SF stuff.

This pretty much sums up how I feel I suppose. Wouldn't mind lending a hand with art stuff whenever time and interest allows.
#55  April 20, 2014, 04:40:58 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I see that the project has going in a great way. :D

I want to help as a beta tester. :pleased:

And also i could help with the music and remixies. I had some good stuff in my hands.  :hippy:
#56  April 20, 2014, 07:37:00 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
If Karin is involved, I can help. If you guys make a variables list, common hitdef/common hitvels, etc. Once you get a solid base, the rest is easy

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#57  April 20, 2014, 07:40:35 am
I'm interested in knowing if there's anything that's needed for the immediate future that I could possibly aid in.

I would like to be more active but idk where things are at this point.
#58  April 20, 2014, 11:28:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
All attention is on Ryu. I'm caught in my work weekend working 12 hours so I won't be doing much except in evenings. Anyone that wants to help code Ryu's basics can download him and assist me. Just upload what you do. When the basics are finished I'll post the cns in the forum asking for feedback to make sure no one screwed anything up and to help with documentation.

Remember I'm not an avid coder so I'll be slower right now till I learn all the triggers and nuances.
#59  April 22, 2014, 04:19:06 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#60  April 24, 2014, 07:54:23 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You're awesome! Welcome aboard!

Are there any data miners out there? Anyone else know how to gather data using artmoney and/or other ways? I'd like to start assigning some tasks here for over the weekend.