YesNoOk

Mugen Content on Nexusmods (Read 1336 times)

Started by Lichtbringer, February 02, 2020, 01:01:09 am
Share this topic:
Mugen Content on Nexusmods
#1  February 02, 2020, 01:01:09 am
    • Germany
So I just stumbled over the Mugen section on Nexusmods https://www.nexusmods.com/mugen it is there since 2018 apparently but no one seems to use it except for one Mortal Kombat upload that can be found there.

So my Question is, did you know that this section of Nexusmods exists, and if yes why is nobody using it?

It could be the solution to save classic content, and authors can proprably use other advantages of the site if they would decite to upload their content there.

So do you think using www.nexusmods.com to upload mugen content is a good Idea? and If not why?
Re: Mugen Content on Nexusmods
#2  February 02, 2020, 02:17:44 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
What is the advantage to using it as opposed to saving it anywhere else? What advantages and functionality makes it a better choice for archival than what exists right now?
#3  February 02, 2020, 05:29:04 pm
    • Germany
What is the advantage to using it as opposed to saving it anywhere else? What advantages and functionality makes it a better choice for archival than what exists right now?

Right now we have just Mugen Free for all that is a big collection of Dead links depending of the age of the creation, then we have the Archive, that is a no go area for many people here, then we have the MFG Public Library that tries to be Mugen Free For all 2.0 as far as I can see.

The thing is that on Nexus mods Uploads would be save without people had to fear that they vanish because "Free Upload Service XYZ" goes down for some reason like it happens many times in the past, and I just guess that Nexus Mods will stay for a quite while.

Uploads can be easily categorized and updated as far as I know, the thing is I don't see a disadvantage for using the site, and maybe the community could get a new audience from the Nexus Community.

If you see a disadvantage, just say it.

And don't get me wrong I don't demant that we all cheerfully migrate to Nexusmods, I just see a opportunity since they already have an Mugen section in place but nobody is using it right now.
#4  February 02, 2020, 11:53:07 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I don’t see any disadvantage because I’ve literally never used the website before. That’s why I asked what you thought were the advantages in the first place.

The only issue I see with using a third party service for archival is that apparently the sheer volume of what was archived on Archive warranted thousands of dollars of server fees. I dont think we’ll be able to turn to another service that hosts a variety of content for it, but by all means, if you think it’s worth a shot you should go for it
#5  February 04, 2020, 08:00:28 pm
    • Germany
I don’t see any disadvantage because I’ve literally never used the website before. That’s why I asked what you thought were the advantages in the first place.

The only issue I see with using a third party service for archival is that apparently the sheer volume of what was archived on Archive warranted thousands of dollars of server fees. I dont think we’ll be able to turn to another service that hosts a variety of content for it, but by all means, if you think it’s worth a shot you should go for it

So the "fun" part comes now...

I found the biggist disadvantage myself after checking the Rules of Nexusmods again, and talking with some people there, they apparently created the mugen section there without even realy knowing what mugen realy is how and what kind of content is created with it, right now most mugen characters and stages would automatically break their strict content rules until we can provide a list of every fighting game company who is ok with fangames etc.

Gahhh I feel so bad now. =/