YesNoOk

Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins, CvTW Version) (Read 194168 times)

Started by Sean Altly, November 07, 2012, 08:46:28 am
Share this topic:
Re: Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins, CvTW Version)
#21  November 08, 2012, 06:26:49 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Step back, dagger, dagger, wait for him to get close, launcher, air combo guaranteed (armor always breaks on third hit) mixup with grabs and double lance, rinse, repeat, game won.  :)

Do i get a cookie?
#22  November 08, 2012, 06:29:31 pm
  • He can break those cuffs!
#23  November 08, 2012, 07:59:21 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#24  November 08, 2012, 08:16:34 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
^I guess we may just have to wait for a release to see how he plays, personally I still think he may end up at a larger disadvantage than the other characters against Mr. X with the simple fact that he's not very mobile, and is not good at close range.

@Sean
For his second level 1, why not make it something like Chris' Super from MVC3, where he pummels his opponent with an onslaught of attacks from his extensive arsenal.
#25  November 08, 2012, 09:11:39 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
The second Level 1 will probably be the Armor Upgrade, though that's not a bad idea and would be easy to implement.

Also, you guys may be forgetting that the UT bar only drains with the FIRST dagger, so spamming three daggers won't use three UT stocks, just one. So, that means he'll have EIGHT opportunities right off the bat to break his armor, not to mention it refills with time. Also, Lance Toss will be good for eating the first two hits of super armor and it won't use bar (though it has more start-up and recovery than the dagger toss). He'll also have the scythe, which will hit once on the way out and once on the way in, and Arthur recovers early like in MVC3 so he'll have plenty of time to combo off the second hit.

Download Last Bout now!
#26  November 09, 2012, 12:37:36 am
    • USA
In other words Sean says i win.  :wiseguy:

HA! HA! HA!  :P
#27  November 09, 2012, 01:22:10 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Hmm, you could have the armor activate as part of a special too I guess, let's say along with his level 3, and maybe make it accessible only once per round, or have some sort of time limit until it vanishes.

As far as the dragons themselves, if you plan on making them appear briefly, maybe you can touch up and use sprites from Golden Sun, those are available on Spriters Resource and seem decent quality . I wasn't sure if you were just going to do the coloured explosions, or have them appear on screen but the link below is an example from the game itself, the animations are brief but I thought I'd at least give you an idea.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#28  November 17, 2012, 10:41:13 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Preview Video of Arthur! He's pretty much done, just needs AI and some outside beta testing!

Download Last Bout now!
#29  November 17, 2012, 10:43:52 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
he looks SOOOOOO good i can't wait.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#30  November 17, 2012, 01:30:44 pm
I know it's really late, but I have to ask. Why was he made so small ? Because he is in MvC3 ? To balance out his lack of mobility by making him harder to hit ? He's not particularly supposed to be small in GnG.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#31  November 17, 2012, 01:48:35 pm
He's really not that small in this game really, and yeah him being small still makes sense anyway because imagine if he was normal height throwing all those projectiles. He looks really good, I can't see any huge flaws right off the bat, though I can say that his lances and scythe don't create enough hitstun.
#32  November 17, 2012, 05:36:49 pm
    • USA
I like how Arthur is shaping up. That lvl. 3 blew my fucking mind.
#33  November 17, 2012, 07:08:15 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I know it's really late, but I have to ask. Why was he made so small ? Because he is in MvC3 ? To balance out his lack of mobility by making him harder to hit ? He's not particularly supposed to be small in GnG.

No idea, remember, these sprites are derived from official Capcom sprites, the ones they made for him as an assist in the first MVC.

Download Last Bout now!
#34  November 17, 2012, 07:51:43 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Nice one
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#35  November 17, 2012, 09:48:22 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
Damn he looks good :P
dat smexy lvl 3 doe  :shocked2:
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#36  November 17, 2012, 10:02:57 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
That Level 3 is all thanks to Jafar, he ripped the dragon effects straight from the game.

Download Last Bout now!

DW

#37  November 17, 2012, 10:10:54 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yup, great job. His anims are a bit stiff, but you work with what you got. It's not that big of a deal. You seem to have nailed his gameplay spot on. Shame though that you only used that "Super" Arthur transformation for a winpose... Would have made an awesome custom super. That works too though. One question, how long does that Golden Armor super last? It seemed to last the entirety of the round. You did use it towards the end of said rounds though... So IDK, tis why I'm asking. Also, what happens if/when it runs out?
#38  November 17, 2012, 10:28:57 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
MVC3 Vanilla guide I have says it lasts 1200 frames, which comes out to 20 seconds or so. When it ends his armor just changes back, there's no Underwear state because I'd have to make an entire sprite set for it. The moves aren't quite as buffed as in MVC3 when in that mode, and since the main use was to buff his assists (which doesn't apply here obviously), I figure it's fine without the whole armor breaking thing from the game.

Download Last Bout now!
#39  November 17, 2012, 10:49:58 pm
    • Mexico
I think the fire bottle should hit the ground earlier, it would make his keepaway more effective. Right now it looks like it does the same stuff the axe does except it eventually hits the ground and creates the fire.
#40  November 17, 2012, 11:09:44 pm
Maybe you know already but just in case you missed it, at 1:24 he throws a fire bottle, Lynn hits it with a fireball, and the anim that plays out is the lance being knocked away. Also, at 0:42, the axe is missing an ownpal and takes on the palfx from Lynn's fireball when Arthur gets hit.
Is it me or the number of consecutive daggers allowed for one UT bar was raised to 5 ? (at 2:34, two are used in the air then immediately 3 on the ground, using only one bar)