YesNoOk

David (BFDI) Released! (2.3 UPDATED 3/19/22) (Read 37953 times)

Started by Dawn de Era, October 04, 2019, 03:51:18 am
Share this topic:
David (BFDI) Released! (2.3 UPDATED 3/19/22)
#1  October 04, 2019, 03:51:18 am
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
David is ready to go! Watch him "Aw, seriously?" right in!

Special thanks to SuperScratchKat for being a major help with spritework and the general heading of the project!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/uenmf2ub5gq2odb/David_v2.3.zip/file
Older versions (if you care): http://www.mediafire.com/folder/f8khdkxfp0y8c/David

If any bugs or problems crop up, let me know, and I'll attempt to fix them to my abilities. Thank you!

CURRENT VERSION: 2.3

Versions:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 07:35:06 am by Dawn de Era
Re: David (BFDI) Released! (1.0)
#2  October 04, 2019, 05:10:40 am
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
    • superscratchkat.neocities.org
HOORAY HOORAY!!! EVERYONE PLEASE TRY OUR BOY OUT!!!
#3  October 04, 2019, 05:24:35 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Me, before watching preview video: Uhhhhh that's some... MS Paint levels of spritework... if you guys are getting this excited about this low quality of a character... oh boy I need to find a nice way to say this sucks...

Me, after watching video: I-I WAS WRONG, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. <3 <3 <3

XDD Great job you guys!!!
#4  October 09, 2019, 09:04:13 pm
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
Me, before watching preview video: Uhhhhh that's some... MS Paint levels of spritework... if you guys are getting this excited about this low quality of a character... oh boy I need to find a nice way to say this sucks...

LOL thanks so much!! i have massive respect for your projects and im glad you like our goofy little character <3
#5  October 09, 2019, 10:09:24 pm
    • USA

LOL thanks so much!! i have massive respect for your projects and im glad you like our goofy little character <3

O_O You do?! Wow I feel honored thank you!!

I always love creative MUGEN chars as long as they’re done well and yours is certainly brilliant! I wanna convert him for Legacy now. XD
#6  October 11, 2019, 05:09:28 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
#7  October 11, 2019, 05:21:14 pm
    • USA
#8  November 26, 2019, 01:40:05 am
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
Re: David (BFDI) Released! (1.1)
#9  November 28, 2019, 05:46:07 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Finally got around to trying this character out. Actually a surprisingly solid go at the stick figure type character and, unlike other cartoonish/comedy type characters of this class, actually has a clear gameplay style. His assists are surprisingly more fluid than David himself weirdly enough. Anyway, a few pieces of criticism that can help make this character even better.

- Seems there are truncated values in state 1010 (which is the special involving Rocky Summon).
- Hitboxes are very stubby and narrow, which basically makes any sort of poking unfeasible and can mess up certain combos, although it probably can't be helped much due to the character's inherit anatomy.
- Aerial raving feels a little too tight in the sense that the timing is strict in getting the chains down, probably could increase the hitstun of aerials by a few frames.
- Knockdown from finishing aerial raves could use a hard knockdown with extended liedown time so P2 isn't recovering before David reaches the ground and also would give his otherwise niche OTG supers more use such as a combo ender after finishing aerial raves.
#10  December 06, 2019, 06:11:28 am
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
Finally got around to trying this character out. Actually a surprisingly solid go at the stick figure type character and, unlike other cartoonish/comedy type characters of this class, actually has a clear gameplay style. His assists are surprisingly more fluid than David himself weirdly enough. Anyway, a few pieces of criticism that can help make this character even better.

- Seems there are truncated values in state 1010 (which is the special involving Rocky Summon).
- Hitboxes are very stubby and narrow, which basically makes any sort of poking unfeasible and can mess up certain combos, although it probably can't be helped much due to the character's inherit anatomy.
- Aerial raving feels a little too tight in the sense that the timing is strict in getting the chains down, probably could increase the hitstun of aerials by a few frames.
- Knockdown from finishing aerial raves could use a hard knockdown with extended liedown time so P2 isn't recovering before David reaches the ground and also would give his otherwise niche OTG supers more use such as a combo ender after finishing aerial raves.

thanks a bunch for the feedback, your stuff is super cool!
as the artist: the reason david's assists are animated so much more than david himself is to accentuate how much he sticks out compared to them.
in the webseries david is from, what makes him special is that he's drastically lower-quality compared to the rest of the cast, and kind of just exists to stand there and spout his catchphrase. even our version of him moves around a bit more than he does in canon, though we get away with that because in canon it's implied that he's motionless by choice.
i kind of forgot that stick figure characters were already an established genre of low-quality creations in the MUGEN community, it must be pretty confusing to see me tout david so excitedly when he is so reminiscent of that whole thing!
#11  December 06, 2019, 08:05:51 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash

Crud, thought I took care of all the truncated stuff. I'll take care of that immediately.

I don't think I have enough knowledge on hitbox standards and what liberties can be taken to really do anything about that.

I'll see what I can do.

Again, I'll see what I can do. Appreciate the feedback immensely!
#12  December 07, 2019, 10:11:33 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
Re: David (BFDI) Released! (1.2 UPDATED 12/7/19)
#13  December 10, 2019, 09:48:55 pm
Wow, a stickman that's worth downloading.
Re: David (BFDI) Released! (1.2 UPDATED 12/7/19)
#14  December 14, 2019, 01:14:33 am
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
Updated to 1.4!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vwgflyl0dshppiz/David_v1.4.zip/file
Changelog: Made improvements to A.I. performance
Made Lenient Mode less boring

NOTE: The AI mode will be determined by MUGEN's AI level in this version, if you wish to revert back to Brutal AI settings, either set your MUGEN AI level above 5 or edit the AIconfig.ini file to force enable Brutal Mode.
Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 01:19:08 am by Dawn de Era
Re: David (BFDI) Released! (1.4 UPDATED 12/13/19)
#15  December 22, 2019, 07:39:32 am
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
#16  December 22, 2019, 04:31:20 pm
  • Tesla
  • Buy a Tesla
    • UK
Its so good to see stickman characters revitalized. You did a fantastic job!
♪ This is Major Tom to Ground Control ♪
#17  January 18, 2020, 04:58:44 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
Re: David (BFDI) Released! (1.4 UPDATED 1/18/20)
#18  March 23, 2020, 09:44:59 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
Re: David (BFDI) Released! (1.4 UPDATED 3/23//20)
#19  April 26, 2020, 05:20:09 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
Re: David (BFDI) Released! (1.6 UPDATED 3/23//20)
#20  October 08, 2020, 10:39:13 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash