YesNoOk

RYU (Read 182932 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 04, 2014, 04:16:29 pm
Re: Ryu, our template, our GOD
#21  April 06, 2014, 11:00:38 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
Personally, the first post of this thread already included most of everything I expect from the face of Street Fighter.

Perhaps he can also have a Feint Hadouken? (QCF + Taunt/Start)
Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:04:27 am by T. Vinceson
#22  April 06, 2014, 11:26:30 am
Not with start but maybe QCF+light kick (because Start was intended to be used for the movelist).
#23  April 06, 2014, 11:31:09 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
#24  April 06, 2014, 10:09:39 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
I didn't make a Ryu. I'm making one for my full game, but that's a completely different type of game and probably wouldn't help much.
#25  April 07, 2014, 01:15:25 pm
Any of you sound guys good enough to tweak a voice to sound more like another voice?
@Omega:
@QuickFist:
@WizzyWhipitWonderful:

* Just No Point goes to download Buckus's Ryu

That's indeed possible man. There are a few tricks to change the voice to another voice.

JMorphMan says that the SF4 voice actor has said everything we need except "Denjin". It makes sense to use the voice that says the most phrases that we would need. That means you would have to tweak another Ryu voice saying "Denjin" to sound more like the SF4 Ryu voice.

I'll go look for the voice packs and try to isolate the "Denjin" voices for you in the event you think you may be able to pull it off.

EDIT: Also I cannot seem to find Buckus's Ryu. http://buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
Not on his site and I didn't see a link in Street Fighter Duo

Edit 2: SF4 AE voices https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yhmqn4vrhaxt39r/DwhoD55BJ7/SSFIVAE/Japanese/Characters/Ryu_J.zip
UMVC3 voices http://www.mediafire.com/?ssju7g4fddgta

These are the voices you'll try to emulate. Going to find Denjin now.

Making new words out of excisting words is a little bit tricky if I got it right. I once tried to make new words by trying to cut their letters and merged it all together. The emulation can work as there are many plugins and tools for this kind of sounds.
#26  April 08, 2014, 05:25:59 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/

fix ryu belt animation ----> this armentis version he wanted to fix a while ago
#27  April 08, 2014, 05:27:31 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Now, that's a perfect version of Ryu's stand!!

Armentis did an awesome work with that sheet(too bad he didn't got selected T_T)
I swear there was something cool here!!
#28  April 09, 2014, 05:23:16 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Well, gentlemen...

When are we going to start with Ryu's coding? I can start what Balthazar did for Ryu(with cvs graphics), so if that's what you're waiting for...coder, talk to me :D!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#29  April 09, 2014, 05:40:05 pm
Here's a quick frank-edit I did with Ryu's stance:

I used Abstract's belt and chuchoryu did the stance. The belt is a lil jumpy, hair needs movement, upper body could be less baggy and has some shading issues, but I think it's a nice middle ground. One of the sprite guys could fix this up no problem. It has the same feet placement and frame count as the cvs stance, so it'll fit right in.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 07:29:09 pm by A$AP Buckus
#30  April 09, 2014, 05:43:49 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Since the guard break is gonna be the same as his F+MP, you can differentiate them very easily:

left is (unmodified) PotS, right is slightly modified Waru

Maybe the Comeback Technique's use should be excluded after some moves (like PileDrivers and such)?
Sounds like the best way to handle that; it's similar to something like KOF where certain moves can be recovered and others always cause hard knockdown.
#31  April 09, 2014, 05:47:07 pm
When are we going to start with Ryu's coding? I can start what Balthazar did for Ryu(with cvs graphics), so if that's what you're waiting for...coder, talk to me :D!
@Renzo F: are you the one who codes Ryu? Keep us updated here.
#32  April 09, 2014, 06:11:52 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Renzo's roll was to code a mock up Ryu with just the mechanics. It wasn't going to be the Ryu we would use. I'm working on the sff as we speak. I'll try to get something up today. That stance is cool bucks I love it and that differentiation for f+mp is perfect!
#33  April 09, 2014, 10:46:48 pm
    • Peru
I just returned from vacation, but I'll be out again till Monday. We have some FGC related event in Lima and I'll be hosting Chris G. at my place so I'll be a bit busy.

Anyways, have we yet defined the list of mechanics we are going to implement? At least with that I can start playing around in my head with some coding ideas. Sorry if this has been already posted :(

Edit: Sorry, it was on the first page. Gotcha
#34  April 10, 2014, 09:12:48 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

Ken or Sean's... Buckus converted him from SF3 to cvs standar too.
By the way I forgot to mention this: yes the first 4 frames are converted from SF3 Sean, but the rest are done from an image from the mighty Scott Adkins ;)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#35  April 10, 2014, 04:54:00 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I thought I would go ahead and share this, even though its not finished. Still a bit to go but its a good start. If people like the end result I wouldn't mind revamping more stances for other characters.

updated
Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:27:04 am by ink
#36  April 10, 2014, 05:18:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Still need to move the hands around to be more like SF3 stance? It's looking really good. Will the billowing from the pants stay that extreme though? I think it's a bit much for CVS style. The other one Buckus posted is still too wide. If he doesn't get around to tweaking it this could be the ideal stance.

Link to MFG Ryu folder in dropbox Do I need to invite people to this so they can upload to it? I don't see anything that allows me to have it open to anyone. I'm not a Drop Box expert if you cannot tell :P

I'm using Lost Avenger's Ryu for our sff and air base because he's put the most effort in making things accurate. I added in the new stance to group 1. You can see a noticeable size change going from default stance so this stance in it's current form won't be used.

I added the jumping HP. I made some edits to the hair to improve it a bit.

All projectiles and other effects were removed from the sff as most of this will probably be in the commonfx sff

Rearranged some sprite groups for our template purposes.
Attacks work as such
Group 200 is for standing attacks
xx0 for basic
xx5 for near attacks
xx6 for direction + attack

Group 400 for crouching
xx5 for direction + crouch but not needed on Ryu

Group 600 for jumping attacks
xx0 for straight up
xx5 for angled
xx6 for direction + attack (not needed on Ryu)

Feedback on the sff and groups is encouraged.
This would have been released yesterday but Fighter Factory decided it needed to crash on me D:
#37  April 10, 2014, 05:25:41 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
I will most likely reduce the pants movement but I am keeping his hand positioned the same as his cvs stance. That way it will still work with all of his animations.
#38  April 10, 2014, 05:26:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That makes sense.
#39  April 10, 2014, 06:12:46 pm

This is as good at it'll get from me. I'm passing the torch. Can't touch the hair as I'm not good at it.
#40  April 10, 2014, 06:28:24 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'll add it into the next update and see how it looks/transitions. Will be working on the AIR file next.

Also for future reference. When adding sprites for the project that someone else created. Please link to their profile as well. That way if/when they are used it'll be easier to update the credits sticky. I'll add this info to the first post as well.