YesNoOk

Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign (Read 63986 times)

Started by Aiduzzi, May 02, 2016, 01:51:58 pm
Share this topic:
Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign
#1  May 02, 2016, 01:51:58 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Hi guys! I'm Aiduzzi.
I don't know if you already know this, but today I'm starting a crowdfunding campaign with my team: Team Aiduzzi! (not really original, isn't it?  ;D). That's for a game called "Rotten Core".

Now I get to the point. I'm here to talk about this project. As you maybe know, this game will be implemented with a sort of hybrid version of Mugen (we'll use part of the code of a modified Mugen engine combined with other professional engine such as Unity). I was contacted by a producer who contacted Elecbyte and bought a licensed version of Mugen from them. Actually, this game is a collaboration with Elecbyte. :)

The idea is to use my old chars and complete the roster with 4 other chars (8 if we reach streatch goals). Plus, we want to add new mechanics of gameplay to make this game more interesting. Background and all explosions will be HD, and totally original. The game is for PC (Steam) and if the campaign goes well, even for consoles (PS4/Xbox One).

We would like to make this topic as a place to talk about this project. I came from Mugen, and Mugen community is very important for me and for dev team.

If all goes well, We'll give you a funny and mad game with funny and mad characters.   ;)

If you like this project please support us, or maybe share this project with your friends.
Thank you very much my friends! :)

We're going to launch a little contest very soon, so stay tuned!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rotten-core-a-bizarre-old-school-fighting-game/x/12844359#/
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:57:54 pm by Aiduzzi
Re: Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign
#2  May 02, 2016, 02:12:32 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Aiduzzi?
OH MAN How are you!! :) I wanted to say thank you for your chars!
I'll check your new project, dude! It's good to see you back! You've awaken great memories in me. :p
#3  May 02, 2016, 02:30:38 pm
I was going to ask you if Ubu could get a sprite update, but you've already answered me:
3. All characters, voices, stages and visual effects (explosions) will be original?

Yes. We want to draw these ones from scratch. All characters are original (we want to fix Ubu and make him original), all voices are original, all stages too. We want to draw new original explosions and replace them or some other, new ones.

The new characters are so twisted it's amazing! And Embargo is too funny, especially his curse.
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:38:25 pm by Sin-
#4  May 02, 2016, 02:35:52 pm
  • Spriter-in-Training
  • Learning new ways to sprite
    • USA
    • Skype - altherprimus
Seeing this stuff is awesomeness considering as how I never have a MUGEN without your chars.  Expect a donation or two from me in the upcoming months.
Xan (on Skype) said:
Because fuck logic it's mugen

The reason I don't post more is because 1: I rarely have anything to say, and 2: I stink at saying it XP
#5  May 02, 2016, 02:47:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yes! This is great news. I hope it goes splendid, if you eve rneed any help I can give , hit me up Aiduzzi, Ive been a fan of your originality for years and its amazing seeing you put your talent out like this.

HQ

#6  May 02, 2016, 03:20:33 pm
Huge fan of your previous work! Great to see you back!

Will the game also work on mac? via wineskin at least?

Constructive Feedback:
Art wise - I think the indiegogo campaign feels a bit rushed to me (starting from the logo to the artwork that seems to be filtered with the cutout filter by Photoshop - it is a shame as your artwork has so much potential and filters make the artwork look worse in 99 out of 100 cases)

This artwork here is what you should go for:

With the theme you have going for the game, the screenpack is way too joyful (especially the lifebars). So far the game concept looks more like mugen pack than a fully fledged concept of a game to me. To be honest, usually games have trailers and concepts that are en par with Borghi's BlackHeart game
http://www.theblackheart.com.ar/
I'd also recommend using low res- effects and pixelated backgrounds instead of these hi-res ones. The clash of resolutions is something that makes the fighters look totally out of place + it would literally save you 12.000$ based on your information- HD Projectiles, Explosions and Backgrounds ($12,000)

Anyways good luck! if you need help, I'm also here!

EDIT because I really think this has so much potential!
Go take your time, create all the artwork with love to detail! No simple blend background like the placeholder cover, no simple fonts that everybody is tired of (like used in "CORE" or the lifebars etc) Let me make a mock up for you to show what's possible- I'll post it later ;)
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:25:16 pm by HQ
#7  May 02, 2016, 06:20:11 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Thank you guys for your appreciations!  ;D

HQ your feedbacks are very interesting. I think you're right on many points.
About artworks: Maybe you're right, but it took me a long time to draw those artworks you posted. And in a campaign for a videogame you have to draw so many artworks! Sometime you have to do something that is more easy and fast to draw! ;) But I promised that in the final game you'll get the best artworks that I'm able to draw, especially for the story mode.

About the screenpack and lifebars. Well, consider that they are still a very WIP. So they are not on their final version. Any suggestion is well accepted ;)

About low res stages. You point of view is interesting, and maybe you're right. But we talked with some important persons who works on videogame's industry and they said that his res stages make the game more... oh well, "saleable". We want to work so much on stages. Make them very spectacular to see. But if we'll see that our efforts on hd stages is useless or maybe harmful for the game, we'll take your good suggestion.

P.S. As always, I'm very sorry for my pitiful english.  =(
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:23:20 pm by Aiduzzi
#8  May 02, 2016, 06:23:15 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#9  May 02, 2016, 06:35:24 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I didn't want to be a party pooper so I avoided the thread for a while but I would seriously check things out there and see if everything's truly alright. I remember when I was contacted by a guy who supposedly had the rights to a Breakers remake a while ago. I got the fuck out of the deal as soon as I found out how little idea the guy had about... Well, pretty much anything. It was a legal disaster waiting to happen.

I assume you already contacted the Elecbyte staff by yourself though, and possibly got some replies to know that everything's 100% alright because this could be quite serious otherwise, as it involves money.
#10  May 02, 2016, 06:43:50 pm
  • Fight for your life! I need a new challenger ;)
    • Italy
    • luca.darkmaster@gmail.com
    • Skype - eventorizon
    • www.mushashugyorpg.com
Hi Aiduzzi, I'm a supporter :)
And I'd like to contact you but I don't know how. Can you drop me a personal message maybe? Dunno why, but I can't. I've got an interesting proposal for you.
Musha Shugyo, the Fighting game in a Box! Support it on Ulule and learn more on http://www.acchiappasogni.org/msrpg/?page_id=59
#11  May 02, 2016, 06:47:11 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You can send pms now, your account was unverified.
#12  May 02, 2016, 06:49:15 pm
    • Italy
    • Skype - eventorizon
    • www.mushashugyorpg.com
Musha Shugyo, the Fighting game in a Box! Support it on Ulule and learn more on http://www.acchiappasogni.org/msrpg/?page_id=59
#13  May 02, 2016, 06:58:25 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Yeah, I didn't want to be a party pooper so I avoided the thread for a while but I would seriously check things out there and see if everything's truly alright. I remember when I was contacted by a guy who supposedly had the rights to a Breakers remake a while ago. I got the fuck out of the deal as soon as I found out how little idea the guy had about... Well, pretty much anything. It was a legal disaster waiting to happen.

I assume you already contacted the Elecbyte staff by yourself though, and possibly got some replies to know that everything's 100% alright because this could be quite serious otherwise, as it involves money.
You're doing the right thing Red. I have to confess that I was skeptical as you when I was contacted for the first time.
Just one thing, I was not the one who contacted Elecbyte. As I said there is a producer who spent his money to buy an licensed version Mugen for commercial use. ;)

Thedarkmaster try to send me a PM. If not, I'll be glad to answer here ;)
#14  May 02, 2016, 07:00:58 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Before I toss money on this, because I want to, I would really like to see documented proof that this is in fact possible. It sounds sketchy if there was a middleman involved and you never got into contact with Elecbyte themselves, who have been MIA for the better part of a year now, iirc. I didn't even know they sold licensed versions of the engine. If that were the case why was this not a publicly available option to the rest of us :(
#15  May 02, 2016, 07:08:13 pm
    • USA
Just one thing, I was not the one who contacted Elecbyte. As I said there is a producer who spent his money to buy an licensed version Mugen for commercial use. ;)

That's precisely the problem though. You should make sure that everything is right on your own, don't just rely on your producer. You're the public figure of the team, if something goes wrong all the heat will only land on you.

Not even Borghi was able to contact them and his game is one of the most known mugen games outside of the community.
#16  May 02, 2016, 07:09:03 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Before I toss money on this, because I want to, I would really like to see documented proof that this is in fact possible. ut sounds sketchy if there was a middleman involved and you never got into contact with elecbyte themselves, who have been MIA for the better part of a year. I didn't even know they sold licensed versions of the engine. If that were the case why was this not a publicly available option to the rest of us :(

Agreed. Get this proof for your own sake as well.

Additionally, I've noticed in the video that you're using a lot of assets from commercial games (including frankenspriting), which could cause some legal issues. I would recommend re-tracing your own sprite-sheets so that you don't have to start completely from scratch. That'll hopefully help you keep a unified art-style as well. Your own style is honesly way more interesting than the one shown in the video (which is good looking in its own right)

I hope this doesn't come off as rude. I wish you a lot of luck.
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:08:26 am by Graphicus
#17  May 02, 2016, 07:09:31 pm
    • Italy
    • Skype - eventorizon
    • www.mushashugyorpg.com
Before I toss money on this, because I want to, I would really like to see documented proof that this is in fact possible. It sounds sketchy if there was a middleman involved and you never got into contact with Elecbyte themselves, who have been MIA for the better part of a year now, iirc. I didn't even know they sold licensed versions of the engine. If that were the case why was this not a publicly available option to the rest of us :(

I wouldn't be that concerned Umezono! After all, it's a crowdfunding campaign with months as a life span. If a copyright issue or something like this should arise, it'd happen for sure before the end of the campaign. The indiegogo project would be closed and you'd have your money back :)
I already run a pair of crowdfunding campaigns myself, it's relatively safe.
#18  May 02, 2016, 07:11:33 pm
    • Italy
    • Skype - eventorizon
    • www.mushashugyorpg.com
Aiduzzi I sent you a PM :)
please let me know!
#19  May 02, 2016, 07:13:37 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I don't know, that would raise false hopes and ruin my confidence in the project. I think a issue like this that could slap the whole thing with a C&D right when it picks up steam, should be resolved before they start accepting people's money. I'm confident my money would get refunded but I wanted to give it away in the first place and I can't do that if this is illegal.

Also, @thedarkmaster: don't double post. Use the "edit" button.
#20  May 02, 2016, 08:37:30 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Looking at the game you could take some inspiration from guilty gear for the stage and lifebars
The Psx version
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:44:06 pm by City_Hunter