YesNoOk

Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE (Read 610268 times)

Started by Tiger-Boy, February 09, 2022, 03:33:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cammy Delta Red 2022 UPDATE
#21  February 13, 2022, 11:18:58 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

As I told you before, I really like this upgrade project.
Perhaps this animation need a bit of muscle definition in junction of biceps and forearm (in the circle area)
I would use a not too dark tone for it.

I can't wait you actually start the boots update!
#22  February 13, 2022, 11:29:37 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
One thing I forgot to mention, and many people commented about it in the original release, is her shoulders being too big. That's because in her SFA Doll outfit, Cammy uses shoulder pads, which should be removed when translating to her Delta Red outfit.
#23  February 14, 2022, 12:06:02 am
  • A.K.A. NED
One thing I forgot to mention, and many people commented about it in the original release, is her shoulders being too big. That's because in her SFA Doll outfit, Cammy uses shoulder pads, which should be removed when translating to her Delta Red outfit.

That's true! I had that in mind as well...
This kind of edit would be less than one pixel ^^;
I was first worried such edit would change to much the actual anatomy of Cammy. (If you check SFA1 Chun li, she have big shoulders too...

But Also, I feel like Cammy with slightly smaller shoulders would look better. Perhaps only few animations need this edit.

Also, this 1 pixel detail can be don by using slightly darker outline instead.
I'm not sure.
#24  February 14, 2022, 12:29:33 am
  • "I'm Bal... I'm Veg...*Sigh* Just call me 'Claw'."

For sprites sharing color, is not that hard, this might help you:
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/easy-quick-color-separation-tutorial-149123.0.html
But instead of applying a new color, you'll do the opposite, you'll apply the colors that are already in the palette (her skin, clothes, etc.).

Thank you so much! And thank you for what you and IsRageNeko did on the Cammy char. It's quite amazing. I am just sorry I could not finish her years ago, before you all worked on her.

As I told you before, I really like this upgrade project.
Perhaps this animation need a bit of muscle definition in junction of biceps and forearm (in the circle area)
I would use a not too dark tone for it.

The muscles details are no issue. Still, we are talking about a SFA-based char. But, it can be altered a bit to look close to a CVS char. I'll give it a try.

Also, while working on the sprites, I do find some of her shoulder muscles just... WAY too big, or just a blob of a circle. This can be fixed with some small editing, but it will take time to do so. I'll keep this in mind while working on the sprites.

Before I continue, I have a confession:
I have made many attempts to make the Military Boots work, and all have failed, or look inappropriate.
Technically, the equivalent of a 'Writer's block'.
So, I am leaving the boots for last until I find a way to make them work, since I want to make it look good. And there is so much to do with this character. So, until I find a way to make the boots work, this char has a lot of work to keep me busy. And any help will always be appreciated.

One more thing:
I am considering editing the sprites of her Midnight Bliss. She is basically 'hanging' from 'Demetri's' arm, holding on to 'something', but all that is covered by Demetri's arm.
So I am considering lowering her arms, as if they were hanging loose, just like most MB characters of the SNKvsCapcom game.

Until next time!  :bjugoi:
"Remember kids; Curiosity created MUGEN!"

Check Out Cammy-Delta-Red-Development HERE
#25  February 14, 2022, 03:15:25 am
Quick Update:

@DєαthScythє

Yes, the issue with the shoulders is one that can be solved.
Some are not needed to change, since they are (at least) reasonably 'ok'.
But others are Too big, and they can be corrected.

I'll see what else I can do.

Until next time.  :bjugoi:

#26  February 14, 2022, 04:48:47 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Wooah, this looks so much better!! Thank you for even consider changing her shoulders!

About the boots, not gonna lie, I also tried it many times in the past to make it myself, I'm not a great spriter like many here, but I do draw a few sprites for fun sometimes. And yeah, those boots are harder to draw than it looks, I don't blame you. lol
#27  February 14, 2022, 09:21:28 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Shoulder looks better
But the biceps detail is a bit wrong. I recommand you to remove it.
I can fix it later in SFF when you're done with most work. :)

About boots.
I think I can do the SHAPE of boots. Not that hard for me.
But I'm very very slow, and if I have to do the DETAILS of boots, you can count several months/years.

ALSO. Not only boots have to be edited.
The main problem I encounteres when trying to edit her boots in the past, is the lenght/height of boots.
Some part of her higher calves have to be redrawn...
I'm not sure I can handle that alone.

Also, Please, don't go too far into editing her sprites. I think they are already perfect, beside of the shoulder stuff ;)
The risk would be to lose some body definition when editing too many stuffs. (particularly shading)
IMO, NOT all the sprites actually need shoulder tweak.
#28  February 14, 2022, 11:57:50 am
Shoulder looks better
But the biceps detail is a bit wrong. I recommand you to remove it.
I can fix it later in SFF when you're done with most work. :)

About boots.
I think I can do the SHAPE of boots. Not that hard for me.
But I'm very very slow, and if I have to do the DETAILS of boots, you can count several months/years.

Don't worry about that particular sprite. I guarantee you that you won't even notice it during gameplay.  ;D

The boots ARE an issue, and not a simple one. Which is why I have chosen to leave it for last. As mentioned before, not all shoulders look bad or exaggerated, and this is a SFA based char. So editing it has its limits, unless facing having different kinds of sprites on it. And this is Not what I want to do.

I'll continue with the editing with what I have for now, keeping an eye on shoulders, since even I have to admit that some are not done properly.

#29  February 14, 2022, 01:53:00 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Awesome!
I'm just pointing out how the biceps shape could be (simplified)

And about boot.
I feel like I'll have to do it... ^^;

Some test I did long time ago... (please ignore the CVS style test, it would be too long-I might try it when everything is completed.)
Here only the simple boots edit is interesting.
Again, here the calves part is the main problem for me.
#30  February 14, 2022, 04:34:04 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
#31  February 14, 2022, 05:54:47 pm

Also the straight line on her outstretched arm looks off. Could have a few pixels showing the triceps or bicep bulge cuz that's how it would look in real life.

It's not about 'making a line', more like 'making an imaginary line using light and shadow'.
Adding or removing pixels would make the arm look weird and/or incomplete.

Some test I did long time ago... (please ignore the CVS style test, it would be too long-I might try it when everything is completed.)
Here only the simple boots edit is interesting.
Again, here the calves part is the main problem for me.

Wow! You guys are very good at this. Even more than me. Maybe I should just stop and leave it to you guys. You even seem to have the 'Boots' issue solved.  :o

All I am doing is just adding some small details here and there. And yes, it takes time, but if you guys have it figured out, I am most likely wasting time. I strongly advice you to get on it. She'll end up looking amazing.  ;)

So, I'll take a break for now.

Until Next time!  :bjugoi:

Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 06:18:38 pm by Tiger-Boy
#32  February 14, 2022, 06:25:17 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
Insane levels of attetion to detail in this WIP, this is so hype!
#33  February 14, 2022, 06:42:09 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I think she don't need more arm details. She have not much legs muscle details.

About boots, again, if you guys want me to try something

-1st I have to be sure no one is updating the sprites at the same time. (I need the last up to date SFF)
-2nd It will be long, very long (if I do it myself)
-3rd I would appreciate someone to work with me on details(shoelaces, calves, socks etc), when I define shape of boots.
The process would be faster this way.
#34  February 15, 2022, 12:05:00 am
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
I've been lurking this thread for a while and oh my god thank you for the new sprite edits, big love to the new sprites

I'm gonna be honest, I was planning on revamping my old Cammy CS for some time, although I haven't been around the MUGEN scene for a very, VERY long time, maybe I'll do something with the new sprites once it gets released, who knows, but best of luck with the update!!! :8): :goi:
#35  February 15, 2022, 12:19:13 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Quick Update:

@DєαthScythє

Yes, the issue with the shoulders is one that can be solved.
Some are not needed to change, since they are (at least) reasonably 'ok'.
But others are Too big, and they can be corrected.

I'll see what else I can do.

Until next time.  :bjugoi:

Second versions are better. I'd emphasize on the muscle definition via shading,
I swear there was something cool here!!
#36  February 15, 2022, 04:00:21 am
@DєαthScythє

Regarding the debate of whether it's shoulder-pads or muscles, the answer is...

It's shoulder-pads.

I did some test with one of the stand animations, and I find the results to be quite pleasant.
This means that I will also check on the shoulders, since they can be fixed.

she looks nice now, i cant want to see Gyro Drive and Her boots =D

also here's my alt default and woodland camo for the next update since she has only a few palettes

edit bonus
SF2Victory

About 7 tears ago, Loud Howard was working on some palettes. I managed to get the palettes from these images he provided back then, but they need some work. I'm not THAT good at making palettes, but if some of you palette-editing talented people would like to give it a try, I will greatly appreciate it. A fresh new look won't hurt at all.

Anyway, that is all for now,

Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 04:06:23 am by Tiger-Boy
#37  February 15, 2022, 01:42:05 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Good progress!
#38  February 15, 2022, 03:19:13 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I've been lurking this thread for a while and oh my god thank you for the new sprite edits, big love to the new sprites

I'm gonna be honest, I was planning on revamping my old Cammy CS for some time, although I haven't been around the MUGEN scene for a very, VERY long time, maybe I'll do something with the new sprites once it gets released, who knows, but best of luck with the update!!! :8): :goi:

Oh... you're still here.
I'm not sure this Cammy need more CS. but yes, why not if you're really back to business. ^^;

@DєαthScythє

Regarding the debate of whether it's shoulder-pads or muscles, the answer is...

It's shoulder-pads.

I did some test with one of the stand animations, and I find the results to be quite pleasant.
This means that I will also check on the shoulders, since they can be fixed.

she looks nice now, i cant want to see Gyro Drive and Her boots =D

also here's my alt default and woodland camo for the next update since she has only a few palettes

edit bonus
SF2Victory

About 7 tears ago, Loud Howard was working on some palettes. I managed to get the palettes from these images he provided back then, but they need some work. I'm not THAT good at making palettes, but if some of you palette-editing talented people would like to give it a try, I will greatly appreciate it. A fresh new look won't hurt at all.

Anyway, that is all for now,

Yes, definitely shoulder pads.
So, what will be the next step?
#39  February 16, 2022, 03:37:32 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Ah yes, those ancient MB sprites lol. I kinda wish I was able to make it look better, and knew how to change the grabbed pose myself. Hopefully someone can update that to look even better!
#40  February 16, 2022, 04:01:21 am
Hello again;

Today's update:

(THIS IS NOT THE FINAL WORK)
I gave her a face-lift, and managed to work on her SF4 stand animation's shoulders. I do believe that she NOW looks even better.

Here is a before and after animations:

So, this is the way to go.

Thank you! And please, contact me before you start.
This way, you'll be sure to work on the latest update, instead of a previous one.

Ah yes, those ancient MB sprites lol. I kinda wish I was able to make it look better, and knew how to change the grabbed pose myself. Hopefully someone can update that to look even better!

I'm doing my part. Hopefully the final result will be of everyone's (or most) enjoyment.

Yes, definitely shoulder pads.
So, what will be the next step?

The shoulder edit is a big Game-changer. Although a challenge, it's one I am motivated to work on.
The only option here is to go back, and start on her sprites from the beginning, and focus on shoulders, details, fixing errors, and even adding previously removed sprites for complete and/or new animations. It's not a problem for me, since I am enjoying it.

The military boots however, I have chosen not to go for it. I tried 7 years ago, and recently. And both times I could not make it work. So, it's like trying to go through a big brick wall for me keep at it. Specially when there are a few who can make it, and are very good at it. The best option would be to work on what I can do. Once she is finished, if someone want to make her boots, then by all means.

That is all for now.