YesNoOk

Stage Creation Help (Read 21171 times)

Started by copticprincess, July 21, 2022, 02:56:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Stage Creation Help
#41  July 24, 2022, 05:10:22 pm
You won't be able to tell in FF3. As I said, Studio  has a stage viewer with a red box (window) where you sprites must go.  If it falls outside that box, then zoom is going to effect it like with your one depending on how far out you are. Once you open your project and click the stage viewer button, you will see where your current sprites are relative to where they should be. All you have to do is shift you sprites up to within the box and you're set to go. This all can be done in the same window and you'll see it (the static sprites) visually without having to run mugen.exe.  The only thing you'll neeed to change in the .def file are the parameters not pertaining to the sprites like camera, stage info and such. 
Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 05:14:38 pm by SteelHammers
#42  July 24, 2022, 05:17:11 pm
    • USA
Thanks Steel (and others posting here) for taking the time out to help me with this. I'm going to get FF Studio and see what's going on.
#43  July 24, 2022, 05:59:24 pm
    • USA
Ok I already had Studio installed, I found the stage viewer under backgrounds and hit play. I only saw black with a few sprites. The interface is difficult to navigate for me and I can't find any tutorials on how to use it for stages like I could with FF3. I'm just stuck here, if I can't use FF3 to fix this.
Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 06:07:25 pm by copticprincess
#44  July 24, 2022, 06:24:29 pm
You don't need too press play or anything atm. You just need to see if your sprites are within the camera window of the stage viewer. If your stage is not displaying correctly, open kfm' stage or one by someone else and see how it looks. Btw, should post pics to to see whats going on in the stage viewer.
#45  July 24, 2022, 06:30:48 pm
    • USA
I feel lost in FFS..... I'm not even sure that was stage viewer.

Here's a screenshot:

#46  July 24, 2022, 06:35:07 pm
Stage viewer is that tv like button next to the animation button. 2nd one to the left of the settings button
Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 06:39:18 pm by SteelHammers
#47  July 24, 2022, 06:38:28 pm
    • USA
Oh great, my stage is huge and the red square, representing the stage I presume, is in the center of it....  How can I fit my stage in that small square? Wait do I edit my size in .def?
#48  July 24, 2022, 06:46:16 pm
You dont want to fit your whole stage in. That area is either 640x480, 1280x720 or whatever your localcoord is. It represents the actual screen you can view. So in game, you want your stage to be alot bigger than that area so you can scroll the camera left/right or up. Meaning if you have a huge stage, its a good thing
#49  July 24, 2022, 06:50:43 pm
    • USA
That means it's correct since it's larger than the screen in FFS. Then what could be wrong in mugen? I'm confused.
#50  July 24, 2022, 06:52:56 pm
Post a pic and ill see if there's anything wrong with yours.
#51  July 24, 2022, 06:58:07 pm
    • USA
Here's it in FFS:

#52  July 24, 2022, 07:34:14 pm
Placement Looks fine to me except that your z-offset must also be within the screen area. They're the position of where your fighters will start and are marked with a crosshair like: "+"  if you zoom out, youll see it.
The top edge of the box (top line) should be your boundlow and starts at y=0. 

There's coordinates near the bottom left corner of the fighter factory window and will change as you move our mouse over the work area. These are important as they tell you the positions on the screen.

I need to hop off now but i suggest you open up kfm's default stage 0-720 (im assuming you're using 1280,720 and another few just to compare.

Remember to make a back uo copy of your work first before starting anything.  FFStudio may seem hard at first but once you play with it fir a while, its easier than ff3, though do use what you're more comfortable with. Hope you'll figure it out in the meantime. Do ask anyone for help and ill check by the next time im here

#53  July 24, 2022, 08:33:28 pm
    • USA
Placement Looks fine to me except that your z-offset must also be within the screen area. They're the position of where your fighters will start and are marked with a crosshair like: "+"  if you zoom out, youll see it.
The top edge of the box (top line) should be your boundlow and starts at y=0. 

There's coordinates near the bottom left corner of the fighter factory window and will change as you move our mouse over the work area. These are important as they tell you the positions on the screen.

I need to hop off now but i suggest you open up kfm's default stage 0-720 (im assuming you're using 1280,720 and another few just to compare.

Remember to make a back uo copy of your work first before starting anything.  FFStudio may seem hard at first but once you play with it fir a while, its easier than ff3, though do use what you're more comfortable with. Hope you'll figure it out in the meantime. Do ask anyone for help and ill check by the next time im here

I'm going to keep at it and when I fix it, i'll post screenshots. Ty again and take care
New #54  July 25, 2022, 01:09:03 pm
    • USA
I fixed the stage issue. Steel you were right, my zoffset was one of the problems. The other problem was my localcoord, which was wrong. Also my issue with tint/hue solved. I got the tint working, thanks to Vogel.
Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 12:56:38 am by copticprincess