YesNoOk

Iori Yagami (Read 73246 times)

Started by Knuckles8864, September 29, 2016, 01:07:42 am
Share this topic:
Iori Yagami
#1  September 29, 2016, 01:07:42 am
  • Was it something I said?
It's about time I did this. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, my first character:

Iori Yagami (With Orochi Iori)

I hope you enjoy.
Get him here

Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:11:48 am by Knuckles8864
Re: Iori Yagami
#2  September 29, 2016, 03:32:16 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
#3  September 29, 2016, 03:44:59 am
Congratulations buddy! Any specific gameplay or features?
Thank you! And Iori is based on Jmorphman's style (well, PotS style, anyway), both Iori and Orochi Iori are together in the price of one.

I also have fixed Froz's Vega intro to be compatible with an Intro with Iori (Normal version). Also fixed his intro against Akuma (Shin Gouki here). Might as well put it up here.

Spoiler: Put in Froz's Vega's System (click to see content)

Edit: Made a quick adjustment to his quotes, no biggie.

Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:12:24 am by Knuckles8864
#4  September 29, 2016, 10:52:09 am
Not a bad Iori at all, LP and LK are slow, he has to be able to chain a LP into a LP that helps with chaining hypers.
He cant super cancel, also he misses that 1 hyper after you do the  DF DB punch after that you shold be able to do the DF DF one I forgot the names sorry.
#5  September 29, 2016, 11:28:11 am
Great Iori.Thanks for sharing!!
#6  September 29, 2016, 11:33:31 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
He-he-he!
My congratulations with your first release. Iori is pretty nice. But here is feedback:
-F, DF, D, DB, B, 2k (Yes, EX version) does less damage than HK version.
-Oroshi's Shoryureppa does less damage than Shiki 1201: Ya Otome. Both versions.
-I think you need a sound effect for Orochi's LVL3.
-If you'll block MAX Shiki 108: Ya Sakazuki, you'll have Reversed Handcliffs glitch: you'll freeze in pozition (About screen, of course...) in air guard state.

Tested on Iori.
-And my personal oppinion: I DON'T think we need here two SFFs. It makes Iori ridiculously heavy. Just insert all changable portraits in folder.
For now that's all. Good luck.
Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:38:03 am by Trololo
#7  September 29, 2016, 11:51:31 am
Not a bad Iori at all, LP and LK are slow, he has to be able to chain a LP into a LP that helps with chaining hypers.
He cant super cancel, also he misses that 1 hyper after you do the  DF DB punch after that you shold be able to do the DF DF one I forgot the names sorry.

- Fixed.
- I didn't attend for that at first, but I'll change it to chain together.
- Saika is there. It's 4 DF's and then 2P after doing Lvl. 1 Ya Otome (But only on Normal Mode).

He-he-he!
My congratulations with your first release. Iori is pretty nice. But here is feedback:
-F, DF, D, DB, B, 2k (Yes, EX version) does less damage than HK version.
-Oroshi's Shoryureppa does less damage than Shiki 1201: Ya Otome. Both versions.
-I think you need a sound effect for Orochi's LVL3.
-If you'll block MAX Shiki 108: Ya Sakazuki, you'll have Reversed Handcliffs glitch: you'll freeze in pozition (About screen, of course...) in air guard state.

Tested on Iori.
For now that's all. Good luck.

-That was intended due to the fact you can pick your opponents up from off the ground. It kept chain comboing, however (from 2-3 EX's, mind you.), so I nerfed that damage. (KoF XIII did the same thing here.)
-Was trying to figure out what the damage should be for that. I'll probably make it a bit less that Ya Otome, but more than it is now.
-Which part are you talking about? The beginning, when he misses, or when he grabs him?
-Ah, it was an issue on Orochi's part (The both version, not the separate version). Fixed.

Thanks for the kind words. Will probably upload update tomorrow.

Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:54:46 am by Knuckles8864
#8  September 29, 2016, 11:57:14 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
I'm talking about burning part itself. I think you need to add there some flames effects.
#9  September 29, 2016, 12:19:58 pm
Ah, I see. Thank you. I will add some flame sounds in there.

As for the two SFF's, one is just for Orochi Iori. Due to MUGEN's limitations, some hit states (EX. Iori's Ya Otome, Froz's Vega's Psycho Punisher, Vice's Cannibal Corpse, etc.) only will refer to Normal Iori's sprites inside, so to (lazily) fix it, I added an additional SFF specifically for Orochi's hit sprites. It's fine for characters like Ryu and Ken due to the fact they're very close to the sprites, so they don't need many additional sprites. However, the deal breaker for Normal and Orochi is mainly the face (since both KoF and CvS has made separate sprites for both of them) Unless there's another way around it (and not editing everyone's states for Iori, which would be time consuming for everyone), it's the best solution I could come up with.
Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:30:40 pm by Knuckles8864
#10  September 29, 2016, 01:13:29 pm
Great to see you fixing him up, also when he does the freeze hyper, he can do it again even though the targed is already in place. He should be able to do it again after the freeze is up. As for the two sff its 50mbs not a big deal in my opinion.

Edit there is some debug flood when you hit the op with the freeze hyper something about flame practicles being destroyed 76.

One more why not add a sound effect for the flame
Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:26:59 pm by PeXXeR
#11  September 30, 2016, 01:49:39 am
Great to see you fixing him up, also when he does the freeze hyper, he can do it again even though the targed is already in place. He should be able to do it again after the freeze is up. As for the two sff its 50mbs not a big deal in my opinion.

Edit there is some debug flood when you hit the op with the freeze hyper something about flame practicles being destroyed 76.

One more why not add a sound effect for the flame

-Fixed.
-Can you post a screenshot with the debug flood?
-Fixed now. Funny thing, I had the Sound Effect in the code, but I didn't add it into the .snd. Whoops.

Will post update tonight as soon as I fix the Ya Otome chain.

Edit: I think that Gill might be an old version of GM's? I'm testing it on gm's current version, and it's working fine.

Edit of an edit: The Ya Otome update will take a while, so for now, enjoy everything else updated.

Link updated now.
Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 03:40:57 am by Knuckles8864
#12  September 30, 2016, 03:50:42 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Everything that I caught has been said, but I'd also like to add that the animation for both forms's close heavy punch is wrong. For N. Iori, frame 7/8 should be 225 - 6 instead of 225 - 1, and O. Iori should be 10225 - 6 instead of 10225 - 1 in the same spot. A lot of the CvS Ioris I've had seem to have gotten that wrong for whatever reason.

Edit: Then I see you updated it before I posted. Blast lol
#13  September 30, 2016, 04:00:54 am
Everything that I caught has been said, but I'd also like to add that the animation for both forms's close heavy punch is wrong. For N. Iori, frame 7/8 should be 225 - 6 instead of 225 - 1, and O. Iori should be 10225 - 6 instead of 10225 - 1 in the same spot. A lot of the CvS Ioris I've had seem to have gotten that wrong for whatever reason.

Edit: Then I see you updated it before I posted. Blast lol

Oh, whoops. Allow me to correct that quick. Nice catch.

Edit: Also updated ReadMe for Update History and credit for Vans. Link updated.
Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 04:08:10 am by Knuckles8864
#14  September 30, 2016, 10:26:55 am
got gill from here, it should be the most up to date version.
http://gmsniper.webcrow.jp/

Edit: Standing HP LK are fine now, just the crouching ones they are still slow. Good Job on the update.
This is what I mean this slight tweak improves comboability a lot
https://vid.me/zmiE

Cant wait for the super cancel update.

Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:44:40 am by PeXXeR
#15  September 30, 2016, 11:54:53 pm
got gill from here, it should be the most up to date version.
http://gmsniper.webcrow.jp/

Edit: Standing HP LK are fine now, just the crouching ones they are still slow. Good Job on the update.
This is what I mean this slight tweak improves comboability a lot
https://vid.me/zmiE

Cant wait for the super cancel update.

-Downloaded both WinMugen and Mugen 1.0 versions, tested them on Orochi (both both and separate versions), both were still fine. Strange. Maybe it's the MUGEN 1.1 issue or something.
-Fixed, but a bit more like the video, because crouching LP was ridiculously good.
-Speaking of the crouch moves, I fixed some issues in them (Crouching LP had one frame that was invincible, the kick had a frame like what Project.13 stated.)
-Super Cancel update is coming soon.
#16  October 01, 2016, 01:01:16 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Really good work.

Some very quick feedback...

- readme says "Orochi Iori does not have EX Moves", movelist for Orochi Iori displays EX moves
 - typo in the readme... <Iori.def> To add him to your Mugen, add the following line to your select.def, under [Characters]:
Kyo,  ;D
 - the ability to hold p button to delay Ya Sakazuki (both normal & MAX version for Normal & Orochi Iori) is missing in the readme
 - trying to do Chi No Bousou (only with x+y) with Normal Iori gives debug message "In state 3202: changed to invalid state 3202 (from state 20)"
 - will you add Chi No Bousou and if so, for Normal or Orochi Iori?
 - would like to see the "hitting p2 on the ground, back to the screen, then turning head to the screen" Orochi Iori animation for MAX version of Ya Sakazuki... I guess the CvS sprites for this animation does not exist?
#17  October 01, 2016, 02:10:10 am
Really good work.

Some very quick feedback...

- readme says "Orochi Iori does not have EX Moves", movelist for Orochi Iori displays EX moves
 - typo in the readme... <Iori.def> To add him to your Mugen, add the following line to your select.def, under [Characters]:
Kyo,  ;D
 - the ability to hold p button to delay Ya Sakazuki (both normal & MAX version for Normal & Orochi Iori) is missing in the readme
 - trying to do Chi No Bousou (only with x+y) with Normal Iori gives debug message "In state 3202: changed to invalid state 3202 (from state 20)"
 - will you add Chi No Bousou and if so, for Normal or Orochi Iori?
 - would like to see the "hitting p2 on the ground, back to the screen, then turning head to the screen" Orochi Iori animation for MAX version of Ya Sakazuki... I guess the CvS sprites for this animation does not exist?

-Whoops. Fixed
-Whoops again. Fixed
-Triple Whoops Combo! (Been playing too much Killer Instinct, I think, sorry.) Fixed.
-I didn't add any 3202. Perhaps it was a different move?
-I did add Chi No Bousou for both of them, you need to go to the Command file and get rid of all the ;'s there. I did that so both would have just one Lvl. 3 super. The instructions were in the ReadMe, but I should've added how to do it in the ReadMe to be more specific.
-I wish CvS did that version of the move. The only part that's kinda there was the final slam down, so the next best thing was the Lvl. 3 from the CvS series.
#18  October 01, 2016, 02:30:12 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Here's my video preview. :)

I did with the old version, so sorry. :P
Anyway, really an awesome Iori. Congrats for your first char bruh! :D
#19  October 01, 2016, 03:06:31 am
    • USA
Jmorphman's Kyo's special intro vs. normal Iori sets off against his Orochi mode.
#20  October 01, 2016, 03:19:57 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Most likely because it's hitting Kyo's basic name trigger for that intro
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
No one's getting out of here alive