YesNoOk

Cheat Engine help: Vampire Savior/SFA3 data collector by Jesuszilla not working. (Read 30439 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, February 09, 2021, 06:53:05 am
Share this topic:
Cheat Engine help: Vampire Savior/SFA3 data collector by Jesuszilla not working.
New #1  February 09, 2021, 06:53:05 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
If anyone from Discord sees this, you're already aware of what's going on, but for anyone else, let me explain.

I decided to download CheatEngine to align sprites for my characters pixel perfectly. Originally I wanted to find cheats that allow me to manipulate the timer and cycle through animations at will to save me some trouble, and I even followed a ArtMoney tutorial, which apparently works for CheatEngine as well, to do just that. But then Jmorphman told me that there were cheat tables for Street Fighter Alpha 3, which is one of the games I'm using for this project. KarmaCharmander gave me the table and I downloaded it. I tried to figure out what the cheats are doing, but then I said screw it and closed both CheatEngine and Kawaks.

Jmorphman then told me that it's the data collector, which is a pop-up window that opens once you load the table into CheatEngine, that I'm supposed to worry about, the table is nothing. So when I got both Kawaks and CheatEngine working, I've encountered this problem. Before I initially closed Kawaks and CheatEngine, there was data in the white text box, and when I hit Start Diagnostics, a window with a cross pops up. Now there's no data and the Start Diagnostics button doesn't work anymore.

I've tried every method I could possibly imagine, I even tried using different roms and nothing is popping up. The velocity values are all 0. CheatEngine can read the rom just fine, so it's more than likely the data collector, not CheatEngine itself.

I was originally using Kawaks 1.65 before I switched to 1.62, and I'm using CheatEngine 7.2.
Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 07:45:06 pm by RedDragonCats17
Re: Cheat Engine help: Vampire Savior/SFA3 data collector by Jesuszilla not working.
#2  February 25, 2021, 07:35:08 pm
    • USA
Already helped you with this directly on discord
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place