YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1323764 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#4441  July 06, 2019, 11:54:59 am
  • Was it something I said?
In this week's edition of "Hollywood bullshit nobody wants:"  60's Hanna Barbera children's variety show The Banana Splits is being rebooted into a Five Nights at Freddy's ripoff slasher flick.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R1-ZZTcTBY[/youtube]

#4442  August 02, 2019, 04:40:21 pm
Archer season 10 :
Wait, that was the season finale (and series finale) ? Again ? Are they really trying to leave it with an open end like that and say nothing ?
(It still is the series finale this time, right ? They didn't renew it again, yes ?)

Edit - well there really is a season 11 coming apparently. Okay, this is so confusing. I've no idea what they're doing.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 05:49:59 pm by Byakko
#4443  November 12, 2019, 12:44:38 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Fair's fair, this does look loads better than the previous trailer.  Not sure if the movie itself looks any better, but at least now Sonic's design doesn't immediately spark revulsion.
#4444  November 12, 2019, 05:54:49 pm
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szby7ZHLnkA[/youtube]

Fair's fair, this does look loads better than the previous trailer.  Not sure if the movie itself looks any better, but at least now Sonic's design doesn't immediately spark revulsion.

Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#4445  November 12, 2019, 07:48:09 pm
Yeah, that's a lot better, but I'm still horrified at what Jim Carrey is doing and I don't know why he's doing it.
edit - I thought this deserved some extra emphasize : this is actual real nice CG work, both Sonic himself and the lightning ball stuff he does (and the personality from the voice acting is spot on too). It's really surprising how they turned that around.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:57:36 pm by Byakko
#4446  November 12, 2019, 11:01:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yep,it looks like something that won't hurt to watch.

I even managed to notice that it is reverse isekai.
#4447  November 12, 2019, 11:53:49 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

By the gods, you look at the two designs side by side and it's night and day.  Really makes you wonder why in the hell they signed off on the first one when they were perfectly capable of doing it right.
#4448  November 13, 2019, 12:00:27 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So wait, I don't recall if this was a thing established in the previous trailer, but if they're doing the whole "He's from Mobius and he's reality hopping to our world, video game comes to life" plotline, then why is Dr. Robotnik in it as a real person, unfamiliar with Sonic?  Eggman's kinda what set off the whole freedom fighter thing with Sonic and friends, so it would be weird that him going to the real world for some R&R from fighting Robotnik is also where he first meets sorta-him?

It's going to be its own thing, I know, and I plan to take it as such, just....confusing.
#4449  November 13, 2019, 12:10:28 am
Yeah, apparently Robotnik is from this Earth. Sonic does mention that there are people on his world trying to take his powers or whatever, but that's probably some other villains that will never be mentioned again. That's just how they're going with it, whatever. The first trailer ended with Jim Carrey getting a case of explosion baldness and apparently finding his way to Sonic's world, so it looks like Sonic brought the menace to his world this time.
By the gods, you look at the two designs side by side and it's night and day.
That shot is where you see the most relevant differences (every single facial feature, the hands...) but the comparison between the two versions' close-ups of his face is the stuff of nightmares. V1 was the reason people always immediately assume that video game movies are garbage - because the people making them aren't actually making a thing that remotely looks like the game, they're trying to appeal to the people who played the game, but then they also say "it's not realistic enough, we need to also appeal to people who never heard of the video game" and they end up appealing to neither target. V2 actually looks like a very watchable video game movie.
Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 12:14:29 am by Byakko
#4450  November 13, 2019, 12:30:53 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I still don't have anything more than a "lazy sunday afternoon with nothing else on" interest in the movie, but at least Sonic is toyetic
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4451  November 13, 2019, 06:12:08 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
That whole trailer is just...boring.Do you want to see a movie that exists solely to be damage control for one of its own trailers? because that's the vibe I get from it.

I might have seen a movie with that God-forsaken, uncanny valley Soynic if only because of morbid curiosity. Without that abomination on screen at all times this is doomed to be another mediocre and forgettable videogame adaptation.
#4452  November 13, 2019, 04:53:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#4453  November 13, 2019, 11:12:02 pm
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
It was totally all just a marketing tactic.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#4454  November 14, 2019, 12:21:59 am
Because people love flushing money down the drain
#4455  November 14, 2019, 12:37:40 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I'm as much of a cynic as the next guy but yeah, if you think Paramount blew millions of dollars and a potential shoe licensing deal to reveal that their movie was actually just an inoffensive and generic kids movie I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you're interested
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4456  November 14, 2019, 05:25:04 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i dunno, this doesnt seem like itll be too forgettable as far as video game movies go
#4457  November 14, 2019, 06:56:37 am
i will see it only because jim carrey is in it. i loved him in the truman show, and i think he's very charismatic and funny comedian.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#4458  November 14, 2019, 03:14:05 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
i honestly thought that he was dead.

well, for what i've read he seems to be dead inside now so...
#4459  November 14, 2019, 06:08:13 pm
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#4460  November 14, 2019, 06:34:10 pm
    • Brazil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XOuu1vd_fk

New trailer for the new animated Spongebob movie

I think I'll just watch this movie instead of Sonic. His design may be fixed but the rest of the movie may as well be either boring or just outright crap for all we know.