YesNoOk

Fennel (Released 07/11/2018, Updated 01/03/2019) (Read 2841 times)

Started by MoloMowChow, July 11, 2018, 08:08:18 am
Share this topic:
Fennel (Released 07/11/2018, Updated 01/03/2019)
New #1  July 11, 2018, 08:08:18 am
    • molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen
Original Showcase video
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Character Ver 1.11 Showcase video
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

For M.U.G.E.N v1.1

This is my 4th M.U.G.E.N fan character. It was originally made for the purpose of Ai vs AI spectacle fights on the MUGEN streaming website called Spriteclub.

After having fun going overboard and experimenting heavily on Flower Drunk Girls, I got back to making something "normal" again, practicing making characters and getting used to MUGEN more. So nothing too out of the ordinary this time. I tried a few new things and learned a few more things as a result.
She is a simple character with one-button attacks, and isn't meant to be a sophisticated fighting character. I simply wanted to add her in a M.U.G.E.N format.

Since she was originally made for AI spectacle fights, her AI is likely quite unfair, and wasn't initially made for human challenge in mind.

Download Link (Updated 01/23/2018 - v1.11):
http://tstorage.info/vp7uzkd02tfv

Thanks for reading!
A website I use for keeping track of Mugen Content I uploaded:
https://molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen
Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 01:01:03 pm by MoloMowChow
Re: Fennel (Released 07/11/2018, Updated 01/03/2019)
New #2  January 03, 2019, 03:25:48 pm
    • molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen
Hmm, I wasn't sure whether it's okay to revive an old thread for a new update to an old character. Especially since this is technically a double post...
If this was a bad idea on my part, then I apologize and will make a new thread in the future.

Fennel has been given a substantial update, with some new content, bug fixes, improved AI and all around better polish. The new ver1.1 showcase video edited into the original post shows some of the highlights. More details below:

v1.1 (Jan 3, 2019)
- Added forward velocity to basic attacks
- Added the ability to charge Power meter (Hold x while standing)
- Added a brand new Hyper Move that requires a full power bar to use
- "Onbracchio, Knock Up!" is now also a reversaldef
- "Air Lunge" has been given more conditional options to determine which direction to throw enemies
- "Air Lunge" now has a horizontal version that can be used while in the air.
- "Onbracchio, Land!" can now be used out of "Air Lunge" at anytime above a certain height
- "Onbracchio, Land!" has had hitboxes and hitdef stats modified (bigger hitbox, more stun)
- Changed the key inputs of these moves:
    - SP Flurry
    - Air Lunge
    - Onbracchio, Land!
- Fixed error with "Air Lunge" sometimes tossing enemy at the same direction as Fennel's landing
- Small adjustments to the behavior of "Let's go, Onbracchio!!!", and increased power cost to 1500
- Added several new voice/sound clips
- Properly "disabled" crouch (will no longer freeze Stand animation)
- Fixed freezing/stuttering run animation when controlled by AI
- Changed the way Cut-Ins appear and added new visuals to cut-ins for special attacks
- Implemented fixes for Cut-ins to display correctly on higher resolution screenpacks
- AI behavior updated and adjusted accordingly to new moves and changes
- Several other minor bug fixes

v1.11 (Jan 23, 2019)
- Fixed and modified AI so that she doesn't stop using her lesser special attacks outside of Round 1
- Modified BGM that plays during "Tritonia's Number 1 Lieutenant!!!" attack to be louder and not stop on hitpause
- Readme showed incorrect button for Air Throw move (was x in-air, now correctly reads c in-air)
- Reformatted readme's description
- Fixed AI being unable to use the horizontal air version of Air Lunge
- Modified behavior of character and AI on palettes 5p to 12p - Minor modifications to AI defensive behavior
A website I use for keeping track of Mugen Content I uploaded:
https://molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen
Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 01:02:32 pm by MoloMowChow