YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Classic (Read 116395 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, November 14, 2010, 12:41:04 am
Share this topic:
Fighter Factory Classic
#1  November 14, 2010, 12:41:04 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Hello,

Day of multiple releases  ;D

5 years ago, began the Fighter Factory's history. In its first version, with updates following, has become a reference in the Mugen community, because it caused a revolution in the editing method, bringing a simple, efficient and powerful tool.
In 2008, the Fighter Factory Ultimate was developed in order to improve what was already good and propose big improvements. However, the large amount of bugs, change in the interface, among others, makes the users dislike this version, and the FF UP3 was even more acclaimed.
Today, I released the version 2.6 of the program, leaving the program as it should be in 2008, soon after its launch.
The major bugs were fixed, despite some isolated PCs have problems (still under investigation to link the error to open the FFU with some systems in specific).
Then, considering the requests and commemoration of 5 years of Fighter Factory, here is the official version - Fighter Factory Classic.
This new version has some fixes, as the problem with CLSNs (1px accuracy), does not limit the instances and some small adjustments were made.
For all tastes, let available for download today the Fighter Factory Ultimate 2.6  and Fighter Factory Classic 1.2 (Special Edition - 5 years).

Thanks to the community through the Mugen Fighters Guild.
2011 will be an awesome year  :twisted:

Download
 http://www.virtualltek.com/downloads/show/6

Screen shots

[]s
Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 12:45:50 am by Cyan Paul
Re: Fighter Factory Classic
#2  November 14, 2010, 12:52:59 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
So you had decided to release it today? :)

Now, people can use which version they prefer and stop bothering :)
#3  November 14, 2010, 01:34:11 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Ah, very nice. Just checked it out and the minor graphical update is welcome. Rest seems to be about the same which is mostly what we were looking for.

I shall exchange the mediafire link in the dev forum FAQ for the official one here.

Have to use IE to download as well, Firefox doesn't seem to pick the button up.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#4  November 14, 2010, 01:35:12 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Ah finally. No more searching for sendspace links for the older FF.
#5  November 14, 2010, 01:43:08 am
This can open Mugen 1.0 Characters right?  :???:
#6  November 14, 2010, 01:48:09 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
No.
#7  November 14, 2010, 01:51:08 am
    • USA
the download link is 1 pixel tall or what? it's quite hard to click on the download link.
#8  November 14, 2010, 03:52:19 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I couldn't click at all; had to view page source. If it doesn't work on Firefox, it needs to be FIXED.
#9  November 14, 2010, 04:28:50 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:14:52 am by VirtuallTek
#10  November 14, 2010, 07:16:23 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
#11  November 14, 2010, 01:57:05 pm
  • show me a sane man and i will cure him =)
    • Mexico
    • davidlinkanimestages.webs.com/index.htm
well then lest check it out hope the read me has some info. a bit

anime stage maker since 2009
I want no blood from that girl doctor--not until we're both sweaty and naked and shes  screaming my name. >_<
#12  November 15, 2010, 02:05:59 pm
download keeps stopping. It's not my connection as I've tried it on atleast 5 computers with different internet connection. I don't get this problem when downloading FFU or from other sites.
#13  November 15, 2010, 02:09:40 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Yeah, the same. It's even worst when you have slow connection, as you're sure you'l never be able to finish the DL.
Finally got it at my work, where the connection is very fast.

V--- I use Opera.
Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:55:38 pm by ξ Bastard
#14  November 15, 2010, 02:49:22 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Probably Firefox is the problem AGAIN. I don't know if somebody found the same problem as me, but I didn't have problem downloading via IE. The download via Firefox kept stopping (I use Firefox but in emergencies like this I use IE)
Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:55:17 pm by Zzyzzyxx
#15  November 15, 2010, 03:15:57 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
I'm using firefox and it worked fine.
#16  November 15, 2010, 05:54:35 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I have no problems on Firefox or IE, with FFU or FFC. This can be a problem with my Host or your ISP.

[]s
#17  November 16, 2010, 02:17:14 pm
    • sites.google.com/site/mugensbestspritersintheworld/
Fighter Factory Classic!!  I never liked FFU. So before downloading it, I want to ask, is it very different from the old FF? because if that's the case I'm not downloading it.
#18  November 16, 2010, 03:57:02 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
How about you read the description in the first post ?

BTW, after installing it (same goes for FFU), I always need Administrator privileges to launch the software (in Windows 7), because it attempts to change something in my computer. Is it normal ? Can you do something so that I don't have to click on "Yes" each time I launch the software. I don't want to turn down security just for that.
Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:02:23 pm by ξ Bastard
#19  November 16, 2010, 04:05:02 pm
  • Burn to Fight
nice update the classic FF  virtualtek works perfectly in my windows 7 32bits

Now day i use the classic FF for work in the pallete editor,  i think the pallete editor in the classic is very useful and easy to use for making the pcxs and using the ultimate for mouth the sff and coding,  becuse the pallete editor in the ultimate was very complicated for me

thanks for your work

#20  November 16, 2010, 10:12:31 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
How about you read the description in the first post ?

BTW, after installing it (same goes for FFU), I always need Administrator privileges to launch the software (in Windows 7), because it attempts to change something in my computer. Is it normal ? Can you do something so that I don't have to click on "Yes" each time I launch the software. I don't want to turn down security just for that.
Yes, FFU and FFC on Windows Vista or 7 request admin privileges to UAC. This is made because the program need full access to the program files folder, for the update work. And in FFC, all configuration and temporary files is stored on program files folder. Probably, in a next update I will remove the update function on FFU, making only a check if exists a new version online, and the user must download and install, as CCleanner. In FFC, I will release a Portable version, that runs in any folder without admin access.

nice update the classic FF  virtualtek works perfectly in my windows 7 32bits

Now day i use the classic FF for work in the pallete editor,  i think the pallete editor in the classic is very useful and easy to use for making the pcxs and using the ultimate for mouth the sff and coding,  becuse the pallete editor in the ultimate was very complicated for me

thanks for your work

I will release the palette editor of FFC as a plugin for FFU.

[]s
#21  November 19, 2010, 11:59:34 pm
  • I move beyond the speed of soul
    • desmondolds.webs.com/
I like the old fighter factory..seems easier to work with than the ultimate version...so if the clsn boxes are cracked up and broken..if you know simple and taking time that's not a problem

Anyways...thanks for bring that back and i dont have to go to e-snip virus area or 4scarred to retrieve it..
#22  November 25, 2010, 09:36:26 pm
  • I've finally got a yellow star!
    • UK
    • txpotstuff.wordpress.com/
There are some problems with this:

1. When adding new state controllers to the cns, "VictoryQuote" state controller is wrong; it has its type set to "VelSet". This also goes for "RemapPal"; it has its type set to "Remove Explod".

2. There is still glitches with "Auto Clsn Mapper" Tool:

i. It doesn't get rid of default collisions, even if you select "Delete Existing".
ii. When selecting the areforementioned "Delete Existing" option on a frame with blue clsns, it adds red clsns in that frame as well as delete blue clsns. Use this with the "All Frames" option to affect all frames within an animation.

3. Can I please have the option to change that annoying yellow highlighter colour into another colour? (e.g In "Colour Palette", also pictured in the screenshots.)

4. Saving a .def file with fighter factory will delete "Palette Keymap", "localcoord", and whatever things you have written down in it. It also bunches everything together, making it look ugly.

5. What about a changelog to show what things have been fixed?

Overall, It's pretty alright. Still some glitches (unless it's meant to be like that, for the sake of "Classic").

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
#23  November 26, 2010, 12:11:53 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
There are some problems with this:

1. When adding new state controllers to the cns, "VictoryQuote" state controller is wrong; it has its type set to "VelSet". This also goes for "RemapPal"; it has its type set to "Remove Explod".

2. There is still glitches with "Auto Clsn Mapper" Tool:

i. It doesn't get rid of default collisions, even if you select "Delete Existing".
ii. When selecting the areforementioned "Delete Existing" option on a frame with blue clsns, it adds red clsns in that frame as well as delete blue clsns. Use this with the "All Frames" option to affect all frames within an animation.

3. Can I please have the option to change that annoying yellow highlighter colour into another colour? (e.g In "Colour Palette", also pictured in the screenshots.)

4. Saving a .def file with fighter factory will delete "Palette Keymap", "localcoord", and whatever things you have written down in it. It also bunches everything together, making it look ugly.

5. What about a changelog to show what things have been fixed?

Overall, It's pretty alright. Still some glitches (unless it's meant to be like that, for the sake of "Classic").

Hello,

1) Yes, my fault. But these SCtrls really should not be present because the program does not support Mugen 1.0
2) Was not changed anything in this tool, and it should not longer be part of the program. But the intention was to put this version online again. I can fix it later, but FF3 and FFU are priorities
3) No
4) FFC doesn't support Mugen 1.0, right?
5) Yes, it's meant to be like that, as you see in the first post, the only two changes are:
This new version has some fixes, as the problem with CLSNs (1px accuracy), does not limit the instances and some small adjustments were made.
Some small adjustments are "some small adjustments", not bug fixes.

Thanks for the bug report.

[]s
#24  November 27, 2010, 11:34:21 am
  • I've finally got a yellow star!
    • UK
    • txpotstuff.wordpress.com/
Another problem:

1. Ctrl+U is set to Undo, instead of the universal Ctrl+Z. Why not set it back to Ctrl+Z for undo? Also, Ctrl+Z is now for Redo, which looks wrong. Why not replace Ctrl+Z with Ctrl+Y for Redo?

2. No option to uninstall the program?

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:40:21 pm by Txpot
#25  January 24, 2011, 02:20:33 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
No matter what I do and how many times I've tried, the download keeps stopping and never completes.  And for no good reason, I'm not allowed to resume the download.

Do the words "download mirror" mean anything to you?
#26  February 22, 2011, 10:28:43 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
sorry again for the late bump but there's a serious error here. if you save a sff file with zcc you can't open it in fighter factory...
#27  February 22, 2011, 10:45:20 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
sorry again for the late bump but there's a serious error here. if you save a sff file with zcc you can't open it in fighter factory...
Of course, ZCC coverts the SFF to SSF V2 and FF Classic dosn't support SSF V2
#28  February 23, 2011, 01:17:18 am
  • ¡Good!
Well, im a problem:
                             if open SND file of Shizumaru Hisame by Capuchino, I receive a error message: access violation to address 0050A52D in module ff32.exe. read of adress 00003949
and cannot create file (rute of aplication) \Temp\sample.wav. The process have no access to the file because is in use by other process.