#1  March 17, 2013, 08:41:55 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
[Preview]

[Download]
http://mugencoder.com/authors/details/185

[Comment]
Hey Guys, I'm happy to finally tell you that Pein is out. He's free to wreak havok on the world. :) Details, details:

- M.U.G.E.N 1.0
- Custom Effects for most moves.
- Unique moveset.
- Chibaku Tensei, Daishinra Tensei, Banshou Tenin and Pein Rikudo!
- Scalable A.I.
- English Soundpack.

That's the bulk of it. Later!

Readme:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Preview Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGgj2XDg17c

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
Re: Pein Released
#2  March 17, 2013, 08:53:18 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
I highly reccomend trying him hes a great char and does not disappoint as you would expect from alexei. I had a ball making his english Love troy bakers voice for him.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#3  March 17, 2013, 09:44:35 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
[Forgot that. xD]

A rapid work, for a first portrait.

Thanks for your epic work, dude! :)
Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:01:17 pm by Hephaistos31
#4  March 17, 2013, 09:46:52 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Thanks man! :) One thing though: This portrait is of the Animal Path, not the Deva Path, which this character is. Just thought you'd want to know :P

#5  March 17, 2013, 09:52:02 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
if she was ever made that would be a good port for her though.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#6  March 17, 2013, 09:53:47 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Hé hé! :D W8 3 minutes, men! :D

Posted: March 17, 2013, 10:00:22 pm

I think it's MUCH better now. I really have a problem with some stuff.
1/ I didn't noticed she was a girl,
2/ The name of the portrait was Pein.

Fixed now, please accept my apologizes for this noob mistake. :p

Convert it in .PSX, or the direct .PSX version is on my folder. ;)
Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:05:26 pm by Hephaistos31
#7  March 17, 2013, 10:03:50 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
I usually detest smallish chars but going by preview alone this is actually pretty damn good lol
nice job ^_^
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#8  March 17, 2013, 10:04:57 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
It's cool lol. Pein has six paths, each named Pein lol. Yes, it's much better :D

Posted: March 17, 2013, 10:06:12 pm
Thank you :) I usually hate them too, but I've grown accustomed to making them. Most I see are either too cheap and/or powerful and I wonder why? Because they're smaller, they need to be made fun of? Heh, it almost sounds like a real-world problem. :P Glad you like him :)

#9  March 17, 2013, 10:09:07 pm
    • Zimbabwe
So the first Pein port I made was Pein too. And this portrait was not a girl. OMG what a chaotic post from me! :D :D

I leave the place for "real" feedback now. See ya! ;)
#10  March 17, 2013, 10:44:00 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
#11  March 17, 2013, 11:26:02 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
In the web says, "updated", means he has the Deva or still the animal path port

#12  March 17, 2013, 11:31:44 pm
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
dat Pain I wish I could test but out of all ur characters I like Deidara, Suigetsu, Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Jiraiya and Itachi oh and sakura too I wish you could make Hidan with NZC Sprites and with Rev 3 Gameplay that'd be a Dream Come True since me and my Friend were playing Co-op Squad Survival Yestarday
#13  March 18, 2013, 12:18:20 am
Tested it a couple of times to make sure wasn't some random occurrence,  but in Simultaneous mode, he often causes one of the opponents to disappear for the entire round and at times freezes the game when trying to pull off that move that you took a screenshot off in the first post. 

P.S.  I wish his AI was a bit tougher, this is Pein after all.
Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:30:16 am by Zingo
#14  March 18, 2013, 01:01:46 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Ok. Feedback:
It's truly and amazing char, we finally have a decent Pain in mugen.
The only things, in the Pein Rikudo, it kinda bothers me the rhino and Naraka summoning sprites they don't match with the quality of the others.
The A.I. should be a lot tougher, like Itachi, cause (indeed Zingo) this is Pein, the guy who destroyed Konoha completely on his own.
Also, I think, (my opinion), that the Daishinra Tensei should deal more damage, even if the oponent isn't close.

Thank you personally, Roschak, Pein is one of my favorite characters in Anime, and every single mugen char of him I found dissapointed me deeply, but with this, I can die happy.

#15  March 18, 2013, 01:15:35 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Ok. Feedback:
It's truly and amazing char, we finally have a decent Pain in mugen.
The only things, in the Pein Rikudo, it kinda bothers me the rhino and Naraka summoning sprites they don't match with the quality of the others.
The A.I. should be a lot tougher, like Itachi, cause (indeed Zingo) this is Pein, the guy who destroyed Konoha completely on his own.
Also, I think, (my opinion), that the Daishinra Tensei should deal more damage, even if the oponent isn't close.

Thank you personally, Roschak, Pein is one of my favorite characters in Anime, and every single mugen char of him I found dissapointed me deeply, but with this, I can die happy.
Yes, I know they don't really match up with the other sprites. I did not sprite them and found no others that were even remotely close to being acceptable. As for the A.I, I really think it's quite tough at level 8. This character is not a boss character. He's a normal character and was designed to be as fair as the others. I've mentioned before to someone else that I hate scripted A.I. Same combos, same everything. Just rinse and repeat the entire moveset. Boring. With my A.I. I've seen new combos that not even I thought were possible lol. I'll increase the damage on Daishinra Tensei. That's a fair call I suppose :P

You're welcome. I honestly had no idea how much people were looking for a Pein. I try my best in everything I do and this is no exception :) I'll admit sometimes I feel that my best is not good enough, but I always doubt myself. This though, is clear proof that my efforts are well worth it. Live on friend. :)  Thanks fro the feedback by the way. It's rare that I ever do. I care about thanks, but care more about feedback. Now, time to make some udpates.

In the web says, "updated", means he has the Deva or still the animal path port

The portrait has not been updated and won't be. This will be something that people will have to do on an individual basis.

Tested it a couple of times to make sure wasn't some random occurrence,  but in Simultaneous mode, he often causes one of the opponents to disappear for the entire round and at times freezes the game when trying to pull off that move that you took a screenshot off in the first post. 

P.S.  I wish his AI was a bit tougher, this is Pein after all.
I think I know the cause of the freeze, but I have not been able to actually cause any opponents to disappear. I'll be releasing an update with the fix for that issue. Also, I think you're talking about the smaller Shinra Tensei. The one in the picture is the larger one.

Ummm... to me he's no pushover in terms of A.I. Are you on level 8 of difficulty?

#16  March 18, 2013, 03:04:13 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
What I meant on the A.I. is that Itachi is tougher than him, I don't know If it's the fighting style, but It's harder to defeat Itachi.
Anyway, I don't if I should be asking this here but, what are the plans now? updating chars, new stages or finish the game?

#17  March 18, 2013, 03:17:21 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Yes, Itachi is tougher than them all. It's because of his moveset as you mentioned. It was never planned that way. I'll continue to look into his A.I. and try to update it when I can. Up next is the Screenpack for the game and stages.

#18  March 18, 2013, 03:34:00 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Ok, great, by the way the Pein Rikudo attack was the only one I guessed would be harder to code than Chibaku Tensei, I guessed right, I was just playing against sasuke and he was going to hit me with chidori and I accidentaly used weak shinra tensei and that not only repelled the attack but it hurt him, that's gold right there man.
Keep it up!

#19  March 18, 2013, 03:36:04 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Yes, it took almost 2 weeks to code lol. Awesome man. It makes it all worthwhile :)
Most certainly :D

#20  March 18, 2013, 05:44:48 am
Yes, it is the smaller Shinra that causes that freeze.  I am playing at normal difficulty ( I know it's an adjustable a.i. based on the level your playing on and all.)  Good luck with the fixes! 

To test out the disappearance issue, put him with a partner against 2 others in Watch mode and let the battle go on and you should see it occur.