YesNoOk

Trying to mimic cornerpush against a fake corner (Read 1724 times)

Started by ESFAndy011, January 26, 2021, 03:09:32 am
Share this topic:
Trying to mimic cornerpush against a fake corner
#1  January 26, 2021, 03:09:32 am
    • Peru
I know it's puzzling, so I'll leave this so you can see what I mean or why I'd possibly want to do this (go ahead and skip to 0:23):

https://streamable.com/dxe18d

The point is, those columns will be breakable with certain supers. Some day. And yes, it's for a full game, so the sky is the limit.

Right now I got this in Statedef -2, but I know that's not it:

Code:
[State 0, VelAdd]
type = VelAdd
triggerall = statetype != A && movehit = 1 && stateno < 1799
trigger1 = helper(15000),p2bodydist x < 10 && helper(15000), backedgedist > 0
trigger2 = helper(15001),p2bodydist x < 10 && helper(15001), backedgedist > 0
x = -abs(target,gethitvar(xvel))

15000 and 15001 are the column helpers, and stateno 1799 onward is a failsafe for some of the weirder statedefs I gave characters for supers (yes, this excludes supers)

So yeah, is there any real way to call upon the ground.cornerpush.veloff value via gethitvar or anything of the sort? I'd hate to have to grab the values in every move and every character in float variables and then putting it in, but if I know that's what it'll take, so be it I guess.

Thanks in advance!
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 08:12:35 pm by ESFAndy011
Re: Trying to mimic cornerpush against a fake corner
#2  January 26, 2021, 06:17:12 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Double redirects would make this easier... although if we position the helper based on a variable in the root and ignore simul its not awful awful. You could place the helper anywhere and use the variable as their position. The players can then use a bit of math based on pos x = enemynear(0),var(1) to detect a pillars position. More to it thatn that but having a common variable and helper id will make things a little simpler.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  January 26, 2021, 08:01:03 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  January 26, 2021, 06:33:25 pm
    • Peru
Double redirects would make this easier... although if we position the helper based on a variable in the root and ignore simul its not awful awful. You could place the helper anywhere and use the variable as their position. The players can then use a bit of math based on pos x = enemynear(0),var(1) to detect a pillars position. More to it thatn that but having a common variable and helper id will make things a little simpler.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to be a bit more practical with variables. But simul is not gonna be a thing in our game, maybe tag. Especially if we finally get to port over to Ikemen GO. So no worries there.

I think this would be the other half of it.
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/target-friction-cancel-and-cornerpush--189411.0.html

You could just use that, and trigger it when the helper's distance is in the correct spot. Right?

That still involves cancelling out the default cornerpush values and setting them to 0. Okay, so there is no direct way to call upon the value from the hitdef. A shame, but I can get on it. Most important thing is now I know.

Thank you both!
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#5  January 27, 2021, 03:53:08 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Why can't you use this for the regular corner push and the pillar corner push?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv