YesNoOk

CvTW Sonic the Hedgehog Beta (by SeanAltly and HyperSonic) (Updated 3/12/13} (Read 72992 times)

Started by Sean Altly, March 10, 2013, 11:35:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: CvTW Sonic the Hedgehog Beta (by SeanAltly and HyperSonic) (Updated 3/12/13}
#101  April 17, 2013, 06:34:56 pm
  • "A girl is folowing me..."
    • Croatia
Right!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
                      The World Of Strider
Re: CvTW Sonic the Hedgehog Beta (by SeanAltly and HyperSonic) (Updated 3/12/13}
#102  April 17, 2013, 06:39:51 pm
Figured I'd tell those of you interested that my Ryan Drummand voicepack for Sonic is done and uploaded. It's in the add-ons section. Maybe now all the Sonic fans can get along happily without the voice actor argument. Well.... unless your a fan of Junichi Kanemaru, Sonic's Japanese voice actor anyway.... Some Sonic fans are.  And my apologies if this seems like an attempt to advertize in someone else's thread. It wasn't my intention at all. 

Getting back on topic of the character:
I still think you should do Emerald Dive for Sonic Sean but it is your character. Just seems to me that it would work since he used it in Sonic the Fighters as his hyper mode move.
Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:44:04 pm by Glisp
#103  April 17, 2013, 06:54:48 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
From a gameplay perspective, would it serve a function that no other move does? I never did his Dive Kick from SSBB because he already has the LP version of Homing Attack, and Dive Kick would have been redundant/essentially the same move. If so, can you link me to a video of the move? I have Sonic Gems Collection but I haven't hooked up my Wii in months, so a video would be much easier to deal with. To be frank, if it doesn't add to his (already relatively complex) gameplay, I don't see much of a point.

I really think he already has a well-rounded moveset with a lot of stuff going on (i.e., the Item Box system that adds specials and supers). If it would genuinely compliment his gameplay, than I'll consider it.

EDIT: Also, before anyone chimes in, I don't mind if he plugs his voice pack here. Anything to keep people from complaining about the voice I gave him is fine by me. :P

Download Last Bout now!
#104  April 17, 2013, 08:44:23 pm
I'll see if I can find a video of emerald dive. http://youtu.be/BdBoUj2Pv7k here's a video. I've also marked the time it's used so it should start from there.  The Metal Sonic boss in Fighters uses a duplicate of it btw.  Actually, come to think of it, Metal Sonic steals a lot of attacks from other characters in that game.
Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:49:10 pm by Glisp
#105  April 18, 2013, 01:31:30 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
^you forgot to put the starting time for the move correctly, but I found it anyhow - http://youtu.be/BdBoUj2Pv7k?t=5m10s

Personally I think it just doesn't seem necessary after looking at it, mostly because spin dash does essentially the same thing, and something using a similar animation would basically be his level 3 Super Sonic move.
#106  April 18, 2013, 02:05:18 am
Okay, it was just a suggestion anyway.  Also, I thought I linked the time.. my bad.
#107  April 18, 2013, 03:52:20 am
  • I'm Mr. Monstro and I live under your bed.........
    • Spain
    • gamerfreaksanaddicts@yahoo.com
    • mugenmonstro.webs.com/

Surprise! Public release beta of Capcom vs. The World Sonic the Hedgehog!

If you're familiar with the CvTW gameplay style, you'll be right at home. Otherwise, there's an explanation in the ReadMe.

Notes:

-No AI yet, I focus on it last
-Has a few winquotes, just to give him something to say
-CvTW-style (4 buttons, "S" button, grab button, UT, etc.)
-No EX Moves yet, he may not need them
-Item Box system for his UT, should provide some great nostalgia and create unique gameplay options
-Voice used is Jason Griffith, from SSBB and Sonic '06
-Is a BETA, I've given him so many options and moves, I know he's got to have some bugs or an infinite or two that I haven't found
-In his .cmd you'll find a commented out super move labeled "Tails," this is a super move I made and then decided he didn't need, but if you want to see it, just un-comment it and comment out the move labeled "tornado" since they use the same command
Maybe you should talk to Cybaster and Balthazar and have some funny intros with thier dbz character just an idea but this character looks great very original and for once people aren't using the overly mentioned and used "POTS" style going to test this character out now I'll go look for bugs and glitches thoroughly It's my job as a guild member