YesNoOk

CvTW Sonic the Hedgehog Beta (by SeanAltly and HyperSonic) (Updated 3/12/13} (Read 72899 times)

Started by Sean Altly, March 10, 2013, 11:35:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: CvTW Sonic the Hedgehog Beta (by SeanAltly and HyperSonic)
#21  March 11, 2013, 06:21:20 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
^Sorry, my mistake then, I saw the pictures changing and assumed they would have gone through the whole saga, thanks for correcting me though.

Video below is Sonic 3 and Knuckles sounds though. (not sure if it's supposed to be the one at 0:49 but someone else can double check)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOvDjTGQrZw
Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:25:12 am by C-G-U
#22  March 11, 2013, 07:03:36 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
The lightning shield sound effect is at 0:46/0:47
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#23  March 11, 2013, 07:07:37 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
We were actually talking about the Insta-Shield sound effect, the attack he has in Sonic 3 that gives him a very brief invincible attack.

Download Last Bout now!
#24  March 11, 2013, 07:32:21 am
I want to say it's at 0:48.

EDIT: I looked around on youtube and the few videos of it I can't even hear a sound for it. o_O

Posted: March 11, 2013, 07:43:17 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFxyjLh45iY

It should be audible in this video at 3:53-3:54. I think it is the same sound as the one in the video C-G-U linked at 0:48-0:50.
Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:43:17 am by Snakebyte
#25  March 11, 2013, 08:03:16 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Well, beyond the bubble shield being abusable in corner blockstrings because you can do it over and over again and Sonic will bounce upwards, and multiple air dashes being possible(the former is the confirmed issue I'd think.) But yes, this character is fun to mess around with, and I hope this kind of quality continues to come out. Like you're herding meteors of creativity and smashing them up, taking the best and doing reasonable things with it. Either way, cool stuff!

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#26  March 11, 2013, 08:23:55 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
We were actually talking about the Insta-Shield sound effect, the attack he has in Sonic 3 that gives him a very brief invincible attack.

Oh. Whoops.

Well, I'll listen out for it.
#27  March 11, 2013, 11:22:06 am
  • "One pixel at a time..."
    • USA
    • Skype - omegabros6
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/zaibatsu
Sonic's great, but why did you use Jason Griffith's voice for Sonic? Roger Craig Smith would have been better... I personally don't like Griffith (I know Griffith fans would hate me, but oh well!) Hopefully when Sonic gets updated maybe reconsider about changing Sonic's voice? it's very annoying, but it's all up to you though your the creator of Sonic.  As far as gameplay goes, to my knowledge Sonic seems to fight great for a beta!

Where you can download my old MUGEN stuff
http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/zaibatsu
#28  March 11, 2013, 11:33:27 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
As great as Roger is there isn't really much vocals of him to use for a fighting game engine (Though it could be possible if you wing it)

Same with Ryan Drummond. And Jaleel White I suppose.
#29  March 11, 2013, 01:54:50 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Exactly, the SSBB clips are more suited for a fighting game, and there was a lot more resources available to me that used Griffith's voice.

I was warned that Sonic fans get weird about his voice actor, so I will say this ONE time to be very clear: His voice is staying the way it is. Further comments about whether I'm going to change it or will I please use someone else or whatever will only be replied to with a quote of the above statement, if at all.

People can make sound patches if they want to change it bad enough.

Download Last Bout now!
#30  March 11, 2013, 02:37:55 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
DL'd, gonna try him out later.

DW

#31  March 11, 2013, 05:39:58 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
-When I do his SS super full screen, he moves off screen during startup...

looks odd imo.
-In regards to his SS startup, I thought I saw HyperSonic make an anim where the Chaos Emeralds appear around him like in SSBB. It hits during startup in SSBB, setting up juggles if up close. Something you may consider adding.
-Still addressing his SS super. You may also want to consider putting p2 in a simple custom state when hit. To set the size of their clsns when hit, since of course, clsns vary from char to char. I saw once that the super did a maximum of 415 damage, but I only got that value like twice. Every other time, it did around 350-370 damage.
-His super cancels feel very limited, that may be due to him still being in beta state, so disregard if that is so. But a lot of times I do something like: (Fire shield on)running spin dash > rising spin dash > try to cancel it into his fire dash super, but it doesn't work... That's just one of many though.
-Feels like the Spinball super and SS super should be able to be done in the air also.

I really like him a lot. Very well done and creative work. One more thing that really isn't related, I'm just extremely lucky... The first two times I used the Item Box move, I got invincibility both times! :D But haven't gotten it again since... :( 
#32  March 11, 2013, 06:59:49 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Tiny, tiny thing, but there's a small spriting error on the regular and fire shield's item box. There's a few pixels missing on the right (viewer's right) side of the monitor.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#33  March 12, 2013, 01:14:14 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
-When I do his SS super full screen, he moves off screen during startup...

looks odd imo.
-In regards to his SS startup, I thought I saw HyperSonic make an anim where the Chaos Emeralds appear around him like in SSBB. It hits during startup in SSBB, setting up juggles if up close. Something you may consider adding.
-Still addressing his SS super. You may also want to consider putting p2 in a simple custom state when hit. To set the size of their clsns when hit, since of course, clsns vary from char to char. I saw once that the super did a maximum of 415 damage, but I only got that value like twice. Every other time, it did around 350-370 damage.
-His super cancels feel very limited, that may be due to him still being in beta state, so disregard if that is so. But a lot of times I do something like: (Fire shield on)running spin dash > rising spin dash > try to cancel it into his fire dash super, but it doesn't work... That's just one of many though.
-Feels like the Spinball super and SS super should be able to be done in the air also.

I really like him a lot. Very well done and creative work. One more thing that really isn't related, I'm just extremely lucky... The first two times I used the Item Box move, I got invincibility both times! :D But haven't gotten it again since... :( 

-Yeah, my bad, I had the screenbound sctrl activating too early. I just fixed it so it doesn't activate until after the superpause.
-HyperSonic made a sprite of the chaos emerald and included palettes for 7 of them, but not a whole animation like you're talking about. I may add it for visual flare but I probably won't make it hit. The super is already really fast and powerful, I don't want to break it.
-I may do this in the future.
- I didn't include a lot of Super Cancels outside of normals. The example you included would only work with air supers anyway since the Sonic Slash special isn't active until it's in the air. I'll look into it, though I don't think he really needs them much.
-Maybe the SS one, but I like the way he plants his feet and takes off for the Spinball super, so I'll probably leave that as is.

Thanks for the feedback, and yeah, the boxes are weird like that, nature of the random trigger I guess.

Download Last Bout now!
#34  March 12, 2013, 01:18:09 am
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
Will be a WinMUGEN version when he is complete?

(ihopeyesyesyesyes)
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#35  March 12, 2013, 02:06:59 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Exactly, the SSBB clips are more suited for a fighting game, and there was a lot more resources available to me that used Griffith's voice.

I was warned that Sonic fans get weird about his voice actor, so I will say this ONE time to be very clear: His voice is staying the way it is. Further comments about whether I'm going to change it or will I please use someone else or whatever will only be replied to with a quote of the above statement, if at all.

People can make sound patches if they want to change it bad enough.
Will you allow a voice patch? If possible?
Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:15:24 am by Kanbei
#36  March 12, 2013, 02:16:34 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#37  March 12, 2013, 02:17:29 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
#38  March 12, 2013, 03:51:17 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA

Download Last Bout now!
#39  March 12, 2013, 02:51:11 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
What about a DosMUGEN version? Will that be available too? >:(

GOH

#40  March 12, 2013, 02:56:19 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
linux sanic pls